When Lucky 15 Bets are not so 'Lucky'

Trevrizent

I always thought that the definition of a Lucky 15 bet was 4 singles, 6 doubles, 4 trebles and a fourfold with a consolation and bonus attached, namely that the player is paid double the odds for just one winner and awarded a 10% bonus for all four winners. This is not, however, the way that many bookmakers see the bet. Some recent enquiries yielded some interesting results:

Ladbrokes - as above.
William Hill - as above
BetVictor/McBookie - as above
Stan James - as above
Paddy Power - as above
Coral - as above
ChoiceBet - as above
Betfred - pay treble odds for one winner and award at least a 10% bonus for all four winners.
Bet365 - don't offer Lucky 15s
Unibet, 888Sport, 32RedSport - as for Bet365
Betway - pay double odds for one winner, but don't award a bonus for all four winners.
BetBright - pay neither the bonus nor the consolation
Titanbet - pay neither
Sportingbet - pay neither (although I had previously been told that they paid both).
10Bet - pay neither
138.com - pay neither
Jenningsbet - pay neither
12Bet - had no idea what a Lucky 15 was!

Obviously this isn't anything like a comprehensive list and if anyone has experience of other bookmakers and their policy towards this bet, I would be grateful if you could share it on this thread.

quincunx

Starting price odds on horseracing tend to be a bit mean.Some overseas outfits offer bonuses over SP [or did last time I looked].You'd probably be better off betting on the Betfair exchange than betting lucky 15s at SP - once you take cumulative over-round into account.Sorry to be so depressing !

Trevrizent

To be honest I don't do L15s very often and, when I do, it is usually E/W with four selections at double-figure prices. That's why I like to bet with a bookmaker who offers both Best Odds Guaranteed and the consolations/bonuses I described above (especially the double odds for just one winner). Having recently had the account closed where I usually did my Lucky 15s, I was looking for another bookmaker who ticked all the boxes and where I hadn't been either closed down, zeroed or heavily restricted - that's what prompted the original post. ChoiceBet or Betstars.com seem to fit the bill.

quincunx

The main attraction,I feel,of the Lucky15 is the double or treble odds bonus that you get when you have only one winner.How does that work with each-way betting ?

Trevrizent

I agree - it's the double/treble odds for one winner which is the main attraction of the bet. The double/treble odds is only paid on the win half of E/W Lucky 15s (as is the bonus for all four winners).