Your one-stop shop for NBA coverage
Welcome to BMR’s NBA Hub
Introduction to the Best NBA Betting Apps
The best NBA betting apps allow you to bet on point spreads, totals, moneylines, props and other popular markets in the palm of your hand. Using a sports betting app is a lot quicker and easier than visiting a retail sportsbook or turning on your computer and searching for betting websites. This guide will help you find the best mobile sportsbooks for your needs, explain the various NBA betting options available and highlight the most exciting bonuses you can redeem today.
The Best Apps for Betting on the NBA
|Sportsbook||Rating||Online Since||Payment Methods|
|Bookmaker||A+||1996||Credit Card, Bitcoin, P2P, Crypto|
|Heritage Sports||A+||2001||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Cashiers Check, Bank Transfer, P2P|
|Bovada||A+||2011||Credit Card, Bitcoin|
|BetOnline||A+||2001||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Crypto, Cashiers Check, Bank Transfer P2P,|
|BetAnySports||A+||2002||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Electronic Check|
What the Top Professional Basketball Betting Apps Have to Offer
The BMR experts have reviewed hundreds of mobile sportsbooks over the past few years. We ranked them in order, and we decided that these are the top five options for NBA bettors:
- Bookmaker – Best mobile sportsbook for NBA betting
- Heritage Sports – Beginner-friendly mobile sportsbook with sharp odds
- Bovada – Best NBA mobile sportsbook for prop bets
- BetOnline – Offers live NBA streaming and great promotions
- BetAnySports – Reduced juice NBA mobile sportsbook
Reviewing the Best NBA Betting Apps
These sportsbooks are based offshore, so they cannot offer native mobile apps for download through the iOS App Store or Google Play. We focused on offshore sportsbooks because they can accept players from every state, whereas native app providers are only permitted to operate in a handful of states. It is legal to use offshore sportsbooks, and our chosen operators can be trusted to keep you safe and pay out on time.
While they do not offer native mobile apps, they do provide mobile-optimized versions of their desktop websites. That allows them to offer all the functionality of a native app, but they do not use up any of the storage space on your device. You can also easily create a shortcut to a mobile sportsbook website on your phone’s home screen, making it just as accessible as a native app. Read on to discover one that suits you.
1. Bookmaker – Best mobile sportsbook for NBA betting
Bookmaker.eu is our No. 1 mobile sportsbook for NBA betting. It is a household name among seasoned NBA bettors thanks to its reputation for releasing its lines before any rivals. Bookmaker is also known for accepting action from all players, including professionals, and never limiting winners.
When it comes to mobile NBA wagering, Bookmaker offers a clean, simple and reliable user experience. Basketball is one of the top sports displayed at this mobile site, and it is easy to place pre-game and live bets. You can get paid out quickly whenever you like, and it also offers great customer service, an excellent loyalty program and attractive NBA futures odds.
- Known as the NBA betting site where the line originates
- Accepts action from professional bettors
- User-friendly mobile NBA sportsbook
- Smaller sign-up bonus for NBA bettors than rivals
- Other apps offer more prop bets on pro basketball
2. Heritage Sports - Beginner-friendly mobile sportsbook with sharp odds
Heritage Sports is an excellent choice for experienced NBA bettors. It provides a reduced juice cashback program, which allows you to bet on the NBA at -108 lines. That amounts to a 20% discount compared to the standard -110 lines featured elsewhere. You can also get up to 0.8% back on wagering volumes per quarter as a rebate, and there are additional incentives too, including a sign-up bonus and a free birthday parlay.
Yet it is also perfect for beginners, as the mobile betting site is highly accessible and very easy to use. There are some interesting pre-game, in-play and futures betting markets, and it is simple to request a payout via your mobile device. This sportsbook has always been famed for its excellent customer service, and the overall experience is impressive.
- Reduced juice -108 NBA betting lines
- Rebate program for basketball bettors
- Beginner-friendly interface
- Lower limits than some NBA betting apps
- High rollover requirements on welcome bonus
3. Bovada - Best NBA mobile sportsbook for prop bets
Bovada is the best mobile sportsbook for NBA prop bets. This sportsbook was specifically created for U.S. bettors – a sister site called Bodog is available in other countries – and the NBA is therefore one of the main leagues featured. The software is powerful, so pages load quickly and it is easy to place basketball bets on your mobile device.
You will be able to browse more than 240 mobile betting options on a single NBA game, including a variety of alternate lines, game props and player props. There are squares available too on each game. Features include a prop builder, same-game parlays, pre-game NBA stats, a terrific live NBA wagering section and a #whatsyawager feature for requesting obscure props. It pays out quickly, offers lower rollover requirements than rivals and runs a strong rewards program, so Bovada is highly-rated among NBA bettors.
- Feature-rich mobile NBA sportsbook
- More mobile NBA wagering options than its rivals
- Lower rollover requirements than competitors
- BetOnline offers more NBA promos
- Does not accept players from NY, NJ, MA, DE and NV
4. BetOnline - Offers live NBA streaming and great promotions
This is the best option for live NBA betting on a mobile device. The sportsbook is perfectly optimized for mobile use, making it quick and easy to make in-play bets wherever you might be. It offers a live streaming service, allowing you to watch NBA games on your mobile device while you check out the in-play markets. There are loads of pre-game markets available at BetOnline too, including a very large selection of NBA props.
BetOnline has some great promos too, including a welcome offer worth up to $1,000, a large reload bonus, a couple of risk-free bets for new players, odds boosts and various contests. Payouts are available on the same day you make the request, and it offers higher NBA betting limits than rivals too. High rollers can deposit up to $500,000 via Bitcoin and use the re-bet option to place large basketball bets, while casual bettors can make small bets just as easily.
- Best mobile site for NBA promos
- Live NBA streaming is available
- Great mobile NBA sportsbook for high rollers
- Some bonuses come with high rollover requirements
- No longer accepts players in New Jersey
5. BetAnySports - Reduced juice NBA mobile sportsbook
BetAnySports is a reduced juice mobile NBA betting site. Juice is the name for the house edge sportsbooks take on their wagering lines, so it really just means that BetAnySports offers better odds than its rivals. You will typically find -105 on either side of an NBA point spread or over/under line at this mobile sportsbook.
That means a winning $20 bet would earn you $19.05, whereas a winning $20 wager at standard juice -110 odds at a rival mobile sportsbook would earn you just $18.18. In the long term, that really adds up and helps you achieve a profit. You just need to select the "Less Juice Package" to benefit from these market-leading odds at BetAnySports, which is a trusted mobile sportsbook that always pays out customers their winnings with no problems.
- Reduced juice NBA betting lines
- Reliable payouts through various methods
- Easy-to-use mobile sportsbook
- Choosing the reduced juice package precludes you from receiving other bonuses
- Some rivals provide more NBA props
Why These are the Top-Rated NBA Betting Apps
These mobile sportsbooks impressed our reviewers by excelling in several important areas:
- They all offer a fast, accessible and highly reliable mobile betting platform.
- These sportsbooks offer very competitive betting lines on NBA games.
- They offer a lot of betting options and a wide range of features for building props and parlays.
- These NBA mobile betting sites provide interesting bonus offers.
- They have trustworthy reputations and they can be relied upon to keep players safe and pay out efficiently when you request a withdrawal.
- Our chosen NBA sportsbooks provide excellent customer service and an excellent overall mobile betting experience.
How to Use Professional Basketball Betting Apps
You can turn any of our recommended mobile sportsbooks into a web-based sports betting app on your mobile device. If you are using an iPhone, open Safari and visit one of the sports betting operators we have highlighted.
Hit the share button. You can then scroll down the list of options and tap on "Add to Home Screen." You can name it, for example, "Bookmaker" or "Bovada," and then just tap on it any time you would like to quickly access the site.
The process is very similar on an Android device. Open Chrome, navigate to one of our chosen sportsbooks, tap the menu icon (the three dots in the top right corner) and then tap "Add to Home Screen." Choose a name for the shortcut, and Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Reasons to Use a Betting App to Bet on the NBA
- It is quick and convenient to use a mobile sportsbook to bet on NBA games. You do not need to find a computer or visit a retail sportsbook when you want to make a bet.
- Mobile sportsbooks are perfect for live NBA betting, as you can quickly pick up your iPhone or Android device, browse the live game lines and tap the screen a couple of times to put on a wager.
- Mobile sports betting sites do not use up storage space on your phone, but they are perfectly optimized for mobile play, so you get the best of both worlds.
- The best mobile sportsbooks offer promotions such as odds boosts on upcoming games.
Placing Bets on a Professional Basketball Betting App
Just select "Basketball" from the list of sports on your mobile sportsbook and then choose "NBA" to see a list of games to bet on. Choose a game to see the types of bets available. They will include:
- Moneyline | A simple prediction on the team that will win an individual game.
- Point Spread | Predict which team will cover the resulting spread after the sportsbook has given the superior team (moneyline favorite) a handicap. It essentially requires you to consider the margin of victory a team will secure.
- Total Points | An over/under prediction on the total points both teams will combine for in the games. There are also team totals bets.
- Quarters/Halves | You can bet on the point spread, total points line and other markets on a single game, or you can focus on a specific quarter or half, and the betting odds will be adjusted for each option.
- Alternate Lines | There are alternate spreads and total lines available too. They allow you to make it harder for yourself in exchange for a potentially larger payout, or easier in exchange for a smaller potential profit.
- Prop Bets | There are player props, game props and team props available. Player prop bets focus on points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks and other stats for individual players.
You can also combine these markets for a same-game parlay. When the game begins, in-play betting on a range of markets will be available. Additional markets include parlays, teasers, pleasers and if bets. There are also futures betting options, such as the winner of the NBA Championship or the NBA MVP award.
The odds will always start with a plus or a minus. For example:
- Milwaukee Bucks to beat Cleveland Cavaliers (+110)
- Cleveland Cavaliers to beat Milwaukee Bucks (-130)
If your basketball odds begin with a plus, it tells you how much you would win from a $100 bet. A $100 wager on the Bucks would net you $110. If they start with a minus, it tells you how much you would need to lay down to win $100. A $130 bet on the Cavs would net you $100.
Betting Apps Promo Codes & Bonuses
Some online sportsbook app providers require you to provide a promo code to redeem the best sign-up bonus. Others do not ask for a bonus code, as you can simply opt in to receive the betting promo.
Either way, all you need to do is click the link next to any sportsbook featured on this page to receive the best offer. They all offer the same type of welcome bonus. Each operator will match a percentage of your first deposit with bonus funds – 20% up to $500 at Bookmaker, 75% up to $750 at Bovada, 100% up to $1,000 at BetOnline and so on – and sports bettors then need to roll the funds over a certain number of times before they can make a withdrawal.
Deposits & Withdrawals on NBA Betting Apps
You can choose from a broad array of banking options at the leading mobile sportsbooks for betting on basketball games. These are the most common methods at our chosen sportsbooks:
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum
- P2P Transfer
- Bank Wire Transfer
Some operators may offer eWallets, eChecks and other methods too. Our recommended mobile sports betting sites offer quick payouts, and they are reliable too.
NBA Betting App Device Compatibility
You can download mobile sports betting apps on an iPhone or Android device by visiting the App Store or Google Play in certain states. However, these real-money betting apps are not available in many states, including California, Texas and Florida, and their odds are not as good as those found at offshore betting sites.
For those reasons, most NBA bettors use mobile betting sites such as Bookmaker, Heritage Sports, Bovada, BetOnline and BetAnySports as opposed to a native basketball app. These sites offer sharp odds on major sports, larger bonuses than native apps and no restrictions on college basketball bets either.
Frequently Asked Questions About NBA Betting Apps
When does the NBA season start?
The NBA regular season typically starts in mid-October with a double-header featuring some of the league’s most exciting teams. The regular season will end the following April, and the NBA playoffs will then get underway.
What app do most bettors use to bet on sports?
On a global basis, Bet365 is the most popular of all basketball betting options. In the United States, FanDuel Sportsbook is the market-leading app. However, it is only available in certain states, and millions of Americans cannot access it, including bettors in California, Florida and Texas.
Are NBA betting apps free?
It is absolutely free to download an NBA betting app. Just search for your chosen app on Google Play or the iOS App Store and tap the button to download. Sportsbook operators will not charge you a fee for downloading their apps, and they provide appealing welcome bonuses.
What are some of the betting markets available in betting apps?
Point spread, totals, moneyline, props, parlays and futures markets are the most popular choices available when using a mobile betting app. They range from straight wagers on heavy favorites to risky betting options, such as long shots winning the NBA Championship or 10-leg parlays.
Is it as safe to use betting apps as it is an online site?
It should be equally safe to use basketball betting sites and native mobile apps. However, betting apps are only permitted to launch in certain states, so many Americans need to use mobile-optimized online betting sites instead.