Online Casinos in Florida – Legal in 2024?
Florida is home to arguably the best beaches and amusement parks in the country. This makes the Sunshine State a go-to destination for tourists and a beloved home for residents. But whether you are just visiting or live there, Florida does not stack up to the casino scene found in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is because of Florida’s gambling laws which prohibit commercial casinos from operating in the state.
There are seven large brick-and-mortar casinos in Florida operated by Native There are seven large brick-and-mortar casino locations in Florida operated by Native American tribes (such as the Seminole Tribe) that are nice, but when it comes to playing online casino games on your mobile device any time you want, your best bet is one of many offshore online casino sites which offer all of your favorite games and teams.
Which one should you join? What are the qualities that make an online casino stand out from the many online gambling sites on the web? We have prepared a guide to answer all your questions and get you ready for the best online casino and online sports betting in Florida for those who are of the legal gambling age.
Top Florida Online Casinos for 2024
With the online casino market booming, finding the best offshore gambling sites available in Florida can be overwhelming. Fortunately, we have reviewed many of the options and narrowed it down to a top 10 list based on the criteria we like to value these casinos by.
- Bovada – America’s busiest online poker room
- BetOnline – Large casino bonus
- BookMaker – Same-day Bitcoin payouts
- Heritage Sports – Scratch card games
- Everygame – Superior site design
- BetUS – Best for blackjack fans
- BetAnySports – Play the state lottery (Florida or others) from home
- WagerWeb – Over 200 casino games available
- JustBet – Play cash games and tournaments
- SportsBetting – 100% cash bonus
Are online casinos legal in Florida?
Online casino gaming isn’t currently allowed in Florida due to strict laws. The only forms of gambling permitted are in tribal casinos, racinos and jai alai frontons. However, talks of legalizing online gambling are gaining ground, and a change in the law may be on the horizon. Until then, players in Florida can still enjoy online gambling through offshore casinos, which exist in a sort of legal gray area that means players can access them without worry.
Best Online Casinos in Florida Reviewed
From our top 10 list, we have included detailed reviews of the top five offshore gambling sites that offer the best casino gambling for Florida users. All five of these sites are operated offshore, meaning they are not regulated by the laws in Florida or any U.S. jurisdiction. While online casinos are not legal in Florida as of 2024, there is no law prohibiting you from joining one of these offshore sites and placing real money wagers on online games.
1. Bovada: America’s Busiest Online Poker Room
Bovada may be best known as an offshore sportsbook that is a good first experience for American players thanks to its deep markets, easy-to-navigate site design and prop builder. But Bovada is also home to the highest-traffic poker room in the country, a well-organized racebook and the best online casino in Florida.
Bovada’s casino section offers more than 130 slot games, several blackjack variants, roulette and other live dealer games. You can also play a lottery-style number game where you have to guess if the next number will be even or odd or bet on the exact number drawn. These games are running constantly throughout the day.
There is always something fun to play on Bovada, and with 24/7 customer service that has improved over the years and timely payouts, it is an all-around great gambling experience for those looking to play online casino games in Florida. New players can choose from various promo codes at Bovada, including a 125% cash bonus that offers up to $1,250 in bonus funds for casino gaming.
- One of the best prop builders
- Unique lottery-style numbers game
- America’s busiest online poker rooms with tournaments
- Good rewards program where you accumulate points for betting and depositing
- Site design isn’t as sexy as competitors
- High rollover requirement (30x) for casino bonus offer
2. BetOnline: Huge $3,000 Casino Bonus
One glimpse of BetOnline and you can tell you are looking at an A+ rated online casino operator. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, BetOnline is quality all throughout from the sportsbook with opinionated lines on NFL/NBA/MLB to the racebook with 9% rebates to poker tournaments with big prizes, and some of the biggest welcome bonuses around. Plus, with a BetOnline promo code, users can unlock additional benefits and perks.
You can also play live dealer games with limits up to $10,000 if you want to feel like a high roller from the comfort of your home. The casino is loaded with slots and table games. The payment methods are also plentiful, and the promotion section is one of the most organized you will see.
- Should be the industry standard for fast payouts
- Huge $3,000 bonus possible on first three deposits
- Longstanding reputation in business
- Huge selection of casino games
- Accepts major credit cards
- Certain deposit methods do not qualify for certain bonuses
- Props are not as creative as those on U.S.-based competitors like FanDuel Casino or Caesars Casino
3. BookMaker: Where the Line Originates
One of the oldest sportsbooks in our top five, BookMaker operates out of Costa Rica with one of the most respected reputations in the handicapping business. If you want access to some of the earliest lines on sports, BookMaker is a great site to join.
You also can play at BookMaker Casino featuring slots, table games, roulette, blackjack, bingo and baccarat. Live dealer games and demo versions of casino games are also available.
BookMaker also has a racebook section with races from Australia and other parts of the world. You’ll get an 8% cash-back rebate on exotic wagers (3% back on Win, Place, and Show wagers).
BookMaker has sign-up bonuses worth up to $500 with a 10x rollover. You can also join their loyalty program to earn more rewards by accumulating points for being a dedicated player.
- Accepts action from players of all levels
- Bitcoin depositors receive free same-day payouts
- Free casino games to try
- Best if you prefer sports wagering over casino games
- No transaction methods like PayPal or Cash App
- No withdraws on weekends or after 1 PM on Fridays
- Poker options are lacking
4. Heritage Sports: Reduced Juice and Cash Back
Since 2001, Heritage Sports has been a Costa Rica-based online casino that earns an A+ rating from BMR. Formerly an invite-only service, all users in Florida or anywhere else in the country can now sign up. When you do, you can get a 50% bonus.
Inside the casino, you will find a good sportsbook that is known for offering reduced juice lines (-108 instead of your common -110 odds). You also can bet on many horse races, and play live dealer games in the online casino; there is also an esports hub with games such as Rainbow Six and League of Legends.
Most competitors offer you a choice between getting reduced juice lines or cash back on losses, but Heritage will give you both, win or lose.
- Reduced juice and cash back combo is a great perk
- Racebook offers daily 8% rebates
- Easy to do live betting on site
- Every eighth deposit is on the house
- Limits could be higher for certain deposit methods
- Not as many sports markets as Bovada
5. Everygame: Superior Mobile Site
If you ever wanted to bet on table tennis and the exact Powerball number in the next drawing, then Everygame is your go-to site. Based in Antigua, Everygame has been around since 1996 as Intertops before undergoing a rebranding to celebrate 25 years in the business.
Now with the hottest-looking site in the market, Everygame is earning its new name with so many betting markets, including all the popular leagues and the obscure ones like darts, snooker, cricket and more. You can choose from several different Everygame promo codes, too, to give your bankroll a boost to check out all of the markets and casino games.
Then if you check out the casino, you will find over 300 video slots in addition to demos of free games, as well as keno and scratch card games. It is an impressive setup, and the poker section offers downloadable software if you want an offline experience.
- Bet on everything from handball to the Powerball
- Recently added live betting
- One of the best-looking sites you will see
- Wide range of games including specialty games like keno and scratch cards
- Horse racing fans will be sad to not see a separate racebook section
- Needs better welcome bonuses
Types of Florida Online Casino Bonus Offers
Competition in the offshore casino market is intense. These sites use enticing bonuses to one-up each other and seize more of the market share. Some sites are better than others at the bonuses they offer, both in size and variety. Below are some examples of the types of bonuses you can expect online casinos to offer you, but there are other additional bonuses that are more exotic that you might be able to find.
Welcome, how does free money for making a deposit sound? That is basically the pitch these sites are selling to new players. They want to sweeten the deal right away by offering a 100% deposit match bonus. Sometimes you could even get 200% or more up to a limit of thousands of dollars depending on the site and your deposit method. Crypto tends to earn more in welcome bonuses. But these are a great way to get started with a hefty bankroll before you’ve even made your first wager.
Existing Customer Promotions
Usually, the welcome bonus is the most lucrative one offered by online casinos, but the best sites know that if they want loyal customers, they have to give them a reason to stay. This is why other promotions and bonuses are necessary, and any great online casino is going to offer those too with a wide range of offers to keep you coming back for more. Reload bonuses, deposit matches, and risk-free bets are some of the ways these online casinos will get you to continue using them in Florida.
A no-deposit bonus is rare, but that is the reason why we can consider it one of the most sought-after betting bonuses. Most betting sites will offer you extra cash to match your deposit, but a no-deposit bonus means the site is giving you free money so you can wager on their behalf. These offers are usually in the form of bonus funds, or popular at sportsbooks, a free bet that is risk-free to the player.
This slots bonus is often included in the welcome bonus at online gambling sites specializing in casino games are free spins. These usually tend to range from 10 to 250 free spins on select video slot games.
Top Online Casinos in Florida – Welcome Bonus Comparison
To help make your decision, we have created a list of the casino welcome bonuses at our top-rated choices for the best online gambling sites.
- Bovada: up to $3,750 sign-up bonus on first three crypto deposits
- BetOnline: 50% welcome bonus up to $1,000
- BookMaker: 25% cash bonus up to $500
- Heritage Sports: 50% sign-up bonus up to $250
- Everygame: $750 sign-up bonus
Payment Methods Available at Florida Online Casinos
Quality offshore casino sites are going to offer Florida players a variety of payment methods for deposits and withdrawals. Different methods will have different fees and process times associated with them that you can read about on each company’s website.
Common forms of payment include:
- Major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
- Debit cards
- Bank transfer
- Wire transfer
- Money order
- Vouchers/gift cards
- P2P (PayPal, Cash App, Venmo, Zelle, etc.)
- eWallets (Neteller, Skrill, etc.)
- Cryptocurrency (Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, etc.)
Cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin) are accepted at various sportsbooks. This payment method is usually the fastest for transactions and comes with no fees. The other traditional methods of payment still work too, but we do not recommend waiting to be paid a withdrawal by check as that takes the longest at most offshore sites.
Florida Online Casinos Comparison – Payment Methods
Every player should be aware of which payment methods they can use and how long their withdrawals take when playing for money online. We have compared that information for our top five Florida offshore gambling sites.
|Time to Process Payouts
|Accepts most credit cards, eWallets, P2P, crypto, vouchers, and select Visa or Mastercard gift cards.
|Accepts most credit cards, eWallets, P2P, crypto, checks, and money orders.
|Accepts most credit cards, P2P, crypto, checks, and money orders
|From same day to 7 days once it passes approval process (1-3 business days)
|Accepts credit and prepaid cards, Bitcoin, bank wire, checks, and P2P (not on Sundays though)
|1-15 days with most taking 1-5 days
|Accepts most credit cards, crypto, as well as bank transfer, P2P, and checks
|1-to-14 days subject to method
What games are available at online casinos in Florida?
The best online casino sites in Florida will offer a variety of games that will make you feel at home in a real casino. Many even offer live dealer tables where you can connect with a real dealer via video and chat while you play table games.
Here is a general list of the online casino gaming offerings that you can expect to see on our top offshore casino sites:
- Slots (hundreds of slots offerings, including progressive jackpots and tournaments)
- Blackjack (many variants)
- Roulette (American and European)
- Poker tables (cash games and tournaments)
- Scratch cards
- Live dealer (Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, Super 6)
Land-Based Casinos in Florida
Florida is home to its fair share of land-based gambling businesses that you can visit. Beyond the seven tribal casinos, there are numerous racinos, which are a combination of a racetrack and casino featuring both horse racing and slot machines. Florida is still home to some of the most famous racetracks in the industry with places such as Tampa Bay Downs and Hialeah Park. You can even enjoy greyhound racing at one of the many greyhound racetracks across the state. There are also busy poker rooms such as bestbet in Jacksonville and TGT Poker in Tampa which offer real cash poker tables.
Some notable gambling spots in Florida include:
- Magic City Casino (Miami, FL)
- bestbet Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL)
- Casino Miami (Miami, FL)
- Hialeah Park Casino Poker Room (Hialeah, FL)
- Calder Casino (Miami Gardens, FL)
- Tampa Bay Downs (Tampa, FL)
- TGT Poker (Tampa, FL)
Tribal Casinos in Florida
There are seven well-known tribal casinos in Florida. The Seminole Tribe of Florida owns all but one of them, which is owned by the Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida. Here is the full list of Florida’s Native American casinos, all of which are located on tribal land and offer legal gambling on dozens of table games in the state:
- Seminole Casino Brighton (Okeechobee, FL)
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek (Coconut Creek, FL)
- Seminole Classic Casino (Hollywood, FL)
- Seminole Casino Immokalee (Immokalee, FL)
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood (Hollywood, FL)
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa (Tampa, FL)
- Miccosukee Resort & Gaming (Miami, FL)
Timeline of Gambling Events in Florida
- 2021: Florida lawmakers pass a bill that expands the state’s gambling offerings, including allowing online sports betting and creating a new gaming commission to regulate the industry. The bill also grants the Seminole Tribe of Florida the ability to offer online sports betting and craps and roulette at their casinos.
- 2020: Florida lawmakers consider a bill that would have authorized the construction of three new casinos in the state, but the bill ultimately fails to pass.
- 2018: The Seminole Tribe of Florida reaches an agreement with the state to continue offering blackjack and other table games at their casinos, as well as to add craps and roulette, in exchange for revenue sharing with the state.
- 2016: Florida voters reject a ballot measure that would have authorized the construction of two new casinos in the state.
- 2014: Florida lawmakers pass a bill that allows for the creation of “destination resort” casinos in the state, but the bill ultimately fails to become law.
- 2012: Florida lawmakers pass a bill that allows for the creation of “designated player” games at pari-mutuel facilities, which are seen as a way to offer casino-style games without fully authorizing casinos in the state.
- 2010: The Seminole Tribe of Florida reaches a compact with the state to operate blackjack and other table games at their casinos in exchange for revenue sharing with the state.
- 2007: The Seminole Tribe of Florida begins offering blackjack at their casinos, which leads to legal challenges from the state.
- 2004: Florida voters approve a ballot measure to authorize slot machines at certain existing pari-mutuel facilities in Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
- 1994: Florida voters approve a ballot measure to authorize casino gambling on Native American lands in the state, paving the way for the opening of the Seminole Tribe’s first casino.
- 1932: Florida voters approve a ballot measure to authorize pari-mutuel betting on horse racing in the state, which serves as the foundation for the state’s gambling industry.
FAQs – Real Money Online Casinos in Florida
If you would like to play online casino games in Florida, you have to use an offshore gambling site like one of those we have covered in our review.
Yes, gambling for real money is possible in Florida. You can play online slots and table games using offshore casinos. They also offer other forms of gambling, like wagering on sports and horses.
Florida does not have any locally-regulated betting sites or mobile betting apps. For that reason, the Caesars app is not available in the state. Many offshore casino sites have great mobile-optimized sites that you can use like an app.
Yes. The Seminole Tribe of Florida operates a handful of tribal casinos across the state. All of them are located in South Florida. There is also a port in Cape Canaveral where residents can take casino cruises and Miccosukee Resort u0026 Gaming in Miami.
You can play a wide variety of online slots and other casino games that emulate the experience of real gambling, but you can not win real money at this casino online in Florida.
Governor JB Pritzker aims to double the Illinois sports betting tax rate to 35%, seeking a fiscal windfall for the state. While potential revenue could reach $200 million, concerns arise about its impact on operators, raising questions about the industry’s future.
The Study Commission on the Future of Gaming in Ohio is delving into the prospect of legalizing online casinos. Exploring potential revenue, regulatory frameworks, and industry impact, Ohio aims to join the ranks of states benefiting from iGaming, with discussions set to continue in upcoming meetings.
Minnesota’s House File 2000, championed by Rep. Zack Stephenson, could bring legalized and regulated sports betting to the state. With support from professional sports teams and plans for responsible revenue allocation, the bill aims to transform an unauthorized activity into a supervised and beneficial industry.
California tribes claim illegal card games cost $100 million yearly, seeking resolution. Led by the Viejas Tribe, a coalition pushes for SB 549, aiming to grant tribes legislative recognition and address exclusivity rights. The battle involves complex legal intricacies.