Palm Springs Casinos: How to Gamble Online in Palm Springs California
Unfortunately, 2023 comes with everything but changes regarding the status of online sports betting in the city of Palm Springs, California. As of January 1, online gambling remains illegal in this and every city of the Golden State.
Until online gambling is legalized in California, offshore sportsbooks for Palm Springs residents will be here to satisfy your online casino betting needs. Check out our California betting guides to find out which ones our experts recommend.
The best online casinos in Palm Springs allow you to play hundreds of slots, table games and specialty games in a secure setting. You can also venture out to stylish venues such as Spa Casino Resort and Agua Caliente, making Palm Springs a vibrant and exciting destination for casino players.
This guide to the best Palm Springs casinos highlights reputable offshore sites that you can trust to pay out on time. We will explain the legal situation, and provide a list of land-based casino resorts to visit. Read on to learn more about playing at a Palm Springs casino.
California Betting Guides
We have a page that provides more detailed information about each of California’s top offshore sites and in-depth guides to each of the state’s other online betting markets for bettors that want to know more.
- Horse Racing
- Sports Betting Apps
- Gambling Sites
- Online Poker
- Online Lottery
- Online Casino Apps
- Los Angeles Casinos
- San Diego Casinos
- Online Casinos
The Best Online Casinos in Palm Springs
The BMR team has reviewed more than 100 online gambling sites offering slots, table games, video poker, and live dealer games. We compared them against one another, and we decided that these are the top 10 casinos Palm Springs players can access:
- Bookmaker – Best overall Palm Springs casino site
- Heritage Sports – Top mobile casino in Palm Springs
- Bovada – Best online casino for live dealer games in Palm Springs
- BetOnline – Best site for casino game variety in Palm Springs
- BetAnySports – Vibrant range of Palm Springs casino games
- BetUS – Largest Palm Springs online casino bonuses
- WagerWeb – Elite customer service and secure payouts
- JustBet – Best site for slots tournaments in Palm Springs
- Everygame – World-class online casino with a large sportsbook
- SportsBetting – High limit online casino in Palm Springs
Best Online Casino in Palm Springs List Reviewed
Our reviews of the top five Palm Springs casino sites will help you identify the right one for your needs:
1. Bookmaker: Best Overall Palm Springs Casino Site
Bookmaker brings the thrill of visiting a casino into the palm of your hand via its high-quality mobile site. It also has an excellent desktop site, so you can play your favorite games at your desk or while on the move, at any time of day or night.
This is a highly trusted online gambling site, which has been paying customers out for more than two decades. It is based offshore, which allows Bookmaker to accept customers from Palm Springs and across America, and it is perfectly legal for you to use it.
This is the best online casino for high RTP slots, and it also has a strong range of table games with very high payout rates. The Bookmaker loyalty program is fantastic, it offers great bonuses and the customer service is on point. It also refunds Bitcoin deposit network fees, so we are very impressed with the all-around online casino gaming experience it offers.
- A wide selection of slots with high payout rates
- Excellent mobile site for betting on the go
- Best loyalty program in Palm springs
- Early lines for sports bettors
- Smaller selection of games than BetOnline
- You will find a larger sign-up bonus at some rival sites
2. Heritage Sports: Top Mobile Casino in Palm Springs
Heritage Sports found fame as an elite online sportsbook reserved for members only. The waiting list to join became huge, so the company decided to open it up to the masses a few years ago. That means anyone in Palm Springs can now sign up for an account. Since then, the team has built out the casino to offer online gamblers a comprehensive experience.
This is the best option for mobile players, as it has a fast, easy-to-use mobile casino and sportsbook site. It also has a very strong live dealer casino, along with virtual table games and slots. There is an 8% rebate available to Palm Springs online casino players on any losses if you have a bad month, and it also has market-leading customer service.
- Best mobile casino in Palm Springs
- Top online casino for customer service
- 8% monthly rebate up to $2,000
- Impressive live dealer casino
- No welcome bonus for Palm Springs casino players
- Smaller range of games than some offshore rivals
3. Bovada: Best Live Dealer Casino in Palm Springs
Bovada is one of the most popular online gambling brands in the country. Not only does it have a terrific online casino, but you will also be able to access the busiest poker room in the United States, plus a racebook and sportsbook.
New casino players will earn up to $3,750 in bonus funds, spread across their first three deposits, with competitive rollover requirements. Bovada has a superb live dealer casino. You can play blackjack, American roulette, European roulette, classic blackjack, and baccarat with professional dealers, with limits ranging from $1 to $10,000 per hand.
- Best site for live dealer games in Palm Springs
- No. 1 online poker room for Palm Springs players
- Very large welcome bonus
- Excellent loyalty program
- Does not offer ongoing casino promotions
- BetOnline has more casino games
4. BetOnline: Best Site for Casino Game Variety in Palm Springs
BetOnline is the best option for anyone in Palm Springs seeking a large, varied range of high-quality casino games from lots of different providers. It has more than 350 slots, a huge volume of video poker and virtual table poker games, and a wide array of roulette, blackjack, and baccarat variants. It is also the best site for specialty games such as keno.
New customers will receive a 100% casino bonus of up to $1,000 when you make your first deposit, your second deposit, and your third deposit. That means you will earn up to $3,000 in bonus credits. BetOnline is also the best offshore betting site for additional, recurring casino promotions, and it provides very quick crypto withdrawals.
- Best casino site for game variety
- No. 1 Palm Springs casino for specialty games
- Large sign-up bonus
- Lots of recurring casino promotions
- Fees on card deposits (use crypto instead to avoid fees)
- Bovada’s poker room has heavier traffic
5. BetAnySports: Vibrant Range of Palm Springs Casino Games
BetAnySports offers not one but seven different casino sections for you to delve into Vegas Live, Diamond Casino, 3D Casino, Classic Casino, Fortune Casino, Star Casino, and Horizon Casino. These are offered alongside an exciting reduced juice sportsbook, which features -105 lines, and a racebook with a terrific rebate program.
You can choose from various cash-back and bonus programs, and one of them provides a very competitive casino rebate. BetAnySports also scores highly for game quality, with lots of fun, compelling slots, and table games. It has a simple interface, quick payouts, and a perfect security record, so our experts decided to place it in our top five Palm Springs casino sites.
- Seven different online casino platforms
- Excellent rebate bonus package for casino players
- Quick, secure withdrawals
- Reduced juice sports betting site with -105 lines
- Rival sites have more polished software
- Larger bonuses available at Bovada and BetOnline
Gambling Laws in Palm Springs – Is gambling legal in Palm Springs?
You can engage in several forms of legal, locally regulated gambling in Palm Springs:
- Visit a land-based casino to play classic slot machines or hit up the poker table.
- Bet on horse racing online.
- Play Daily Fantasy Sports contests through an app or website.
- Take part in multi-jurisdiction and state-specific lottery games.
- Play charity bingo and poker tournaments.
Is online gambling in Palm Springs legal?
California does not have a locally regulated online gambling market. Online sports betting has been legalized in many states, while online casino games are permitted in Connecticut, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
However, California has not yet taken the plunge, so you will need to use offshore sportsbooks, poker rooms. There are no state or federal laws preventing you from doing so, and you will enjoy a safe experience at the sites featured on this page.
The only other way to gamble in Palm Springs is to hit up one of the many casino hotels & resorts you can find scattered across downtown Palm Springs. In them, you’ll find a robust gaming floor with classic slot machines, blackjack games, opportunities for high-limit gaming, dining venues, and more.
History of Gambling in Palm Springs
This timeline lists the key developments in history of Palm Springs gambling:
- 1930: Palm Springs emerges as a winter resort for casino gaming, Southern California offering refuge from the winter cold.
- 1931: Al and Lou Wertheimer set up a gambling operation in Palm Springs, run by their “Purple Gang.”
- 1963: The Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa opens for business, run by the Cahuilla Indians.
- 1984: The California Lottery is formed.
- 1987: The U.S. Supreme Court ratifies tribal rights to open California Casinos.
- 2001: The Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage opens.
- 2014: The Agua Caliente Resort Casino’s 229-room hotel closes, no longer offering luxury hotel accommodations, but the casino remains open.
- 2020: The all-new Agua Caliente Casino in Cathedral City opens, with 400 slot machines and eight tables.
Palm Springs Retail Casino List
These are the retail casinos in the Palm Springs area:
- Agua Caliente Spa Resort Casino, Downtown Palm Springs
- Agua Caliente Casino Cathedral City
- Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage
- Morongo Casino Resort & Spa, Cabazon
Best Online Casinos for Palm Springs – FAQs
You will not be able to place at any locally regulated online Palm Springs casino sites, as California does not permit local companies to offer online slots and table games. However, you can place bets at offshore casino sites instead. There are no laws against doing so, and we have highlighted a series of legit online Palm Springs casinos that will treat you fairly and pay out on time.
Bookmaker is the best online casino Palm Springs residents and visitors can access. This casino site is based offshore, so it can accept customers from across the United States, including California. It is a reputable and legitimate online gambling brand that pays out, and it offers a strong range of table games, video poker games, and video slots.
That would be Bookmaker, which offers a huge array of high-paying slots and table games. For example, the slots include:
• Railway Riches (98.47% RTP)
• Frosty Christmas (98.33% RTP)
• Mistress of the Sea (98.16 RTP)
• Horoscope (97.44% RTP)
• City Animals (97.43% RTP)
There are table games with an RTP above 99% too, so this is the best Palm Springs casino site for payout rates.
Land-based casinos are completely legal in Palm Springs for Californian bettors to enjoy in-person gambling. If you want a wider variety of gaming options, however, we recommend that you use an offshore gambling site, such as the ones in our casino review above.
There is one land-based casino within the city limits, and that is the Agua Caliente Casino Palm Springs. However, within just a one-hour drive you can hit up many other Agua Caliente casinos, with five-star spas and incredible dining venues, as well as table games and classic slot machines.
However, it is much more convenient to visit a site like BetOnline or Bovada, both of which offer a high-limit casino, hundreds of slots and table games to suit all budgets, a poker room, racebook and a sportsbook, all rolled into one.
You can visit Spa Resort Casino in Palm Springs, which has around 1,000 classic slot machines on the casino floor, plus card games. There are various additional resort casino venues in the vicinity of Palm Springs, including Agua Caliente Casino properties in Cathedral City and Rancho Mirage, plus Morongo Casino Resort & Spa.
However, it is a lot quicker and easier to use online casino sites, which are available 24 hours a day if you simply pick up your smartphone or turn on your computer.
The Agua Caliente Casino Palm Springs is the largest Agua Caliente casino with more than 45,000 square feet of casino gambling space and a wide variety of games available, including multiple gaming tables and slot machines. This location is a 16-story casino tower.
There is currently only one casino operating in Palm Springs. This is a tribal casino that is operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians.
Talk about a Rocky Mountain High. Colorado just became the seventh state since the Supreme Court struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) on May 14, 2018, to surpass $10 billion in all-time wagering. And they did it in only 32 months. The Centennial State will be added to an elite list
Online sports betting in Maryland moved at a glacial pace but after much hand-wringing and ill-conceived bureaucratic hurdles to climb, mobile wagering did finally launch last November. But now a bill has already been proposed for online gambling, or iGaming, to come to the Old-Line State. Will Maryland Roll the Dice? Despite the circuitous route
Although sports betting in California may be illegal, there is certainly always a topic to bring to the table. This time it is about former L.A. Dodger Yasiel Puig, who initially pled guilty to making false statements to federal agents regarding an illegal sports betting ring based in California. Puig has since changed his plea
The Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians has been in a legal tussle with California for almost two decades but a settlement has been reached in which their casino will be moved from state oversight to the federal National Indian Gaming Commission. The 500-member tribe has become the first in the Golden State to take this