Los Angeles Casinos: How to Gamble Online in Los Angeles California
Despite the failed efforts to legalize sports betting in California in 2022, residents can still access online Los Angeles casinos that allow users to play slots, table games, video poker titles, poker tournaments, and live dealer games whenever they like. California does not have locally regulated casino sites, but there are no laws stopping you from using an offshore betting site alternative.
Some offshore casino sites targeting Los Angeles players offer a high-quality user experience, great games and secure payouts. Others are unsafe and untrustworthy, so it is important to conduct some research before signing up with a Los Angeles casino site. This guide points you towards safe, legit Los Angeles casinos online.
California Betting Guides
We recommend reading our page on the best betting sites in California or any of our other in-depth guides to the state’s various online gambling markets if you want to know more.
- Horse Racing
- Sports Betting Apps
- Gambling Sites
- Online Poker
- Online Lottery
- Online Casino Apps
- Palm Springs Casinos
- San Diego Casinos
- Online Casinos
The Best Online Casinos in Los Angeles
We have reviewed more than 100 online gambling sites available to Los Angeles players that can provide you the same experience as your favorite gaming tables. Our experts decided that these are the 10 best online casinos in Los Angeles:
- Bookmaker – best overall online casino site in Los Angeles
- Bovada – top Los Angeles casino for poker
- BetOnline – No. 1 Los Angeles casino site for slots
- Heritage Sports – best LA casino for customer service
- BetAnySports – Reduced juice sportsbook with large casino section
- BetUS – Largest bonuses for Los Angeles casino players
- WagerWeb – Impressive all-around LA online casino
- JustBet – Best Los Angeles casino for slots tournaments
- Everygame – Superb selection of slots and table games
- SportsBetting – High limit online casino in Los Angeles
Best Online Casino Sites in Los Angeles Reviewed
Check out our reviews of the best casinos in Los Angeles for online players and find the right site for your needs:
1. Bookmaker: Best Overall Online Casino in Los Angeles
Bookmaker is the best all-around online casino for players in Los Angeles. Our reviewers were very impressed by the range of high RTP slots and table games on offer at Bookmaker Casino. There are several slots with an RTP of more than 97%, which is rare.
You can benefit from a choice of two different casino bonuses, and Bookmaker has an impressive loyalty program too. It provides secure deposits and withdrawals, and it will even refund network fees you might incur on Bitcoin deposits.
This online gambling site has been in business for more than 25 years, and it has a very trustworthy status among bettors in the Golden State. Bookmaker has all of your favorite casino games available, which is one of the many reasons we recommend it as the best online casino. Additionally, Bookmaker has a great online sportsbook too.
- Lots of high RTP slots
- User-friendly online casino lobby
- Market leading loyalty program
- Offers a world-class sportsbook
- Some rivals provide larger bonuses
- Fewer table games than Bovada
2. Bovada: Leading Casino for the Los Angeles Poker Player
Bovada may well be the best all-around online gambling site that bettors in Los Angeles can access. It offers more sports betting options than other offshore betting sites, there is a full-service racebook, you can bet on politics and entertainment, and it has the busiest poker room in the United States. Bovada’s casino is also very impressive.
This is the best option if you like playing table games such as blackjack tables, baccarat, poker tables and roulette. There are lots of exciting, high RTP variants on offer. The layout of the casino is also very neat. Additional features include same-day Bitcoin payouts, a terrific loyalty program, and a very large welcome bonus worth up to $750.
- Huge welcome bonus for Los Angeles casino players
- Best Los Angeles online casino for table games
- One of the best loyalty programs on the market
- Busiest poker room in the country
- Smaller range of slots than some rivals
- Fewer ongoing promotions than BetOnline
3. BetOnline: Best Slots Site in Los Angeles
BetOnline is the best online casino in Los Angeles for anyone seeking variety. It offers a range of more than 350 slots from several different software suppliers, which results in a diverse and exciting range. There are lots of high-limit table games too.
New users receive a 100% bonus worth up to $1,000 on each of their first three deposits. The bonus funds come with a competitive 30x rollover requirement. There are loads of additional promotions to claim too. If you register with BetOnline Casino in Los Angeles, you will benefit from rapid crypto withdrawals, a 10% monthly rebate on any losses, a 20% reload bonus, 24/7 customer service, and very impressive software, and it also has a sportsbook, racebook, poker room, and esports section.
- Appealing sign-up bonus for LA bettors
- Large selection of slots
- Very quick payouts
- High betting limits
- Credit card deposit fees
- Poker room is not as busy as Bovada’s
4. Heritage Sports: Best LA Casino for Customer Service
Heritage Sports is a great option for anyone seeking a VIP user experience. It provides superb 24/7 customer support, which is a legacy from the years it spent as an invite-only betting site. The management bowed down to popular demand and opened it up to the masses a few years ago, but it still treats all players like VIPs.
One of the best features at Heritage Sports is an 8% monthly rebate on any net losses you might suffer. You can earn $20 to $2,000 via this rebate, and it comes with just a 4x rollover requirement. There is also a 24/7 live dealer casino, lots of slots and table games, and a strong selection of scratchcards.
- Best customer service in Los Angeles
- High-quality live dealer games 24/7
- Generous 8% rebate each month
- Pays out on time
- Does not offer a casino welcome bonus
- Primary focus is online sports betting
5. BetAnySports: Reduced Juice Sportsbook with Large Casino
The primary appeal of BetAnySports is the ability to bet on leagues such as the NFL, NBA, and MLB with reduced juice lines. That means this site takes a far lower house edge than rival online sportsbooks, which is great news for anyone seeking value. However, BetAnySports also has you covered with a racebook and a comprehensive Los Angeles casino.
The layout is a little unusual, as there are seven different casino platforms within the site – Vegas Live, Diamond Casino, 3D Casino, Classic Casino, Fortune Casino, Star Casino, and Horizon Casino – but you soon grow accustomed to it, and it has a broad array of games. It also has a very competitive rebate program.
- Low juice sportsbook with large casino section
- Lots of great games spread across the different platforms
- Competitive rebate program for LA casino players
- Quick, reliable withdrawals
- Some sites are easier to navigate
- Smaller bonuses than some competitors
Gambling Laws in Los Angeles – Is gambling legal in Los Angeles?
Various forms of online gambling are legal in Los Angeles:
- Lottery games, including state-specific draws and multi-jurisdiction games
- Horse racing at racetracks, off-track facilities, websites, and apps
- Slot machines, poker, video poker machines, and table games at land-based casinos and cardrooms
- Daily Fantasy Sports contests via mobile apps and websites
The minimum gambling age is normally 18. However, most traditional casinos serve alcohol, so you need to be 21 to play casino games at them.
Is online gambling in Los Angeles legal?
California does not have a locally regulated online gambling industry. For that reason, online casino operators such as BetMGM, Unibet and others cannot launch in the state. Therefore, Los Angeles players must visit offshore casino sites to enjoy gambling on popular games.
There are no laws preventing you from signing up with an offshore site to play your favorite slots and table games and these sites provide world-class entertainment and have all your favorite games. Just ensure you use the reputable Los Angeles casino sites we have featured on this page and avoid any sites featured on our blacklist.
History of Gambling in Los Angeles
This timeline highlights some of the key developments in the storied history of gambling in the City of Angels:
- 1850: The government declares poker a game of skill.
- 1928: Ship casinos dock in Los Angeles for the first time.
- 1933: Horse racing betting begins with the formation of the California Horse Racing Board.
- 1940: The famous Western Club, now known as Larry Flynt’s Lucky Lady Casino, opens in Gardena.
- 1984: The California Lottery is formed, and the first tickets are sold the following year.
- 1987: The US Supreme Court ratifies tribal rights to open California Casinos.
- 2002: The Pechanga Resort & Casino is launched.
- 2004: Yaamava Resort and Casino and Morongo Casino open their doors.
Los Angeles Retail Casinos
These are 10 of the best Los Angeles area gambling casinos and card rooms that you can visit to play slot machines, poker, and card games. Many of these casinos are located inside four- and five-star hotels, which provide a great experience for guests as well as offer your favorite slots and a selection of games.
- The Commerce Casino and Hotel, Los Angeles
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles
- Hollywood Park Casino, Inglewood
- Hustler Casino, Los Angeles
- Larry Flynt’s Lucky Lady Casino, Gardena
- Morongo Casino, Los Angeles
- Pechanga Resort & Casino, Temecula
- Soboba Casino, San Jacinto
- Steinways Casino, Los Angeles
- Yaamava Resort and Casino Hotel, San Manuel
There are no locally regulated online casinos in Los Angeles. That applies to all of Southern California, as the Golden State has not passed a law permitting local operators to offer online casinos. However, there are no laws stopping you from using offshore casino sites, such as Bookmaker and Bovada, which accept players in Los Angeles.
You can win real money if you sign up with a legit, trustworthy Los Angeles casino site. We found that the best casinos in Los Angeles for online bettors are Heritage Sports, Bovada, BetOnline, and Bookmaker, our No. 1 casino Los Angeles players can register with.
The best casino in Los Angeles for payout rates is Bookmaker. It offers a wide selection of slots and table games with very high RTP rates, and you can receive free online withdrawals.
You may be wondering, are there casinos in Los Angeles? You will find a variety of land-based casinos, such as Hollywood Casino Los Angeles and Commerce Casino Hotel Los Angeles, but online casinos are a lot more convenient.
There are some land-based casinos in the Los Angeles area. They offer a fun, vibrant atmosphere as you move across the casino floor, and you can often play lots of great games at these casinos in Los Angeles with slot machines and tables. However, it is easier to stop searching for the closest casino to Los Angeles with slot machines and to simply pick up your phone and start gambling online straight away.
You can visit venues such as Pechanga Resort and Casino and Yaamava Resort and Casino to play a wide variety of slot machines. There are also card rooms in Downtown L.A., but it is much easier and more convenient to use online casinos.
There are numerous card rooms in Los Angeles, but there is only one full-service casino located within city limits.
Talk about a Rocky Mountain High. Colorado just became the seventh state since the Supreme Court struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) on May 14, 2018, to surpass $10 billion in all-time wagering. And they did it in only 32 months. The Centennial State will be added to an elite list
Online sports betting in Maryland moved at a glacial pace but after much hand-wringing and ill-conceived bureaucratic hurdles to climb, mobile wagering did finally launch last November. But now a bill has already been proposed for online gambling, or iGaming, to come to the Old-Line State. Will Maryland Roll the Dice? Despite the circuitous route
Although sports betting in California may be illegal, there is certainly always a topic to bring to the table. This time it is about former L.A. Dodger Yasiel Puig, who initially pled guilty to making false statements to federal agents regarding an illegal sports betting ring based in California. Puig has since changed his plea
The Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians has been in a legal tussle with California for almost two decades but a settlement has been reached in which their casino will be moved from state oversight to the federal National Indian Gaming Commission. The 500-member tribe has become the first in the Golden State to take this