Your one-stop shop for MLB coverage
Welcome to BMR’s MLB Hub
We will break down the baseball bets available, along with how to shop for MLB odds during the regular season and futures betting on the World Series winner.
2023 World Series Odds Update: Two Months Into the SeasonWe are nearly two months through the regular season, so let's take a look at how these teams are stacking up against each other.
2023 MLB Playoffs Futures Props: Best Value Bets to Make the PlayoffsOur expert has analyzed the MLB futures odds teams to make the playoffs. Here is what you need to know for your betting picks.
Pennant Futures Odds Analysis: Who'll Win the AL & NL?It's time to evaluate the predictions made by experts regarding the contenders for the AL and NL pennants and here are the updated MLB picks.
5 Trends and Key Stats to Consider For Your Picks During the First Half of the 2023 Regular SeasonWith baseball betting being such a statistically-driven task, we have five tips you should never forget when wagering on the MLB this season.
MLB Pitcher Clock Betting Analysis: Live Betting Down, Beer Sales ExtendedOur expert has analyzed the MLB odds and their ties to the new pitch clock. Here is what you need to know for your betting picks.
MLB Best Bets for Today (April 13): Is Jhony Brito the Real Deal?It’s a smaller slate in the MLB tonight, but we’ve still got plenty of exciting action. I’ve got three picks that I’ll be firing on tonight.
The Highest-Rated MLB Betting Sites
Welcome to BMR’s in-depth guide to the best online betting sites for Major League Baseball fans. We will have selected reputable online sportsbooks that provide baseball bettors with sharp odds, great bonuses and secure withdrawals.
You will learn more about these baseball sportsbooks, allowing you to find the betting websites that best suit your needs. We will also highlight the main betting options available throughout the regular season and the postseason, teach you how to read the odds and provide our top MLB betting tips.
The Best Sites for Betting on Major League Baseball
Key Features of the Top MLB Betting Sites
After reviewing hundreds of MLB betting sites over the past few years, our experts decided that these are the top five:
- Bookmaker – The best overall MLB betting site
- Heritage Sports – Trusted sportsbook with sharp MLB betting lines
- Bovada – Best site for MLB prop bets
- BetOnline – MLB betting site with the highest limits
- BetAnySports – Reduced juice MLB betting site
Reviews of the Best MLB Betting Sites Available Online
Each leading MLB betting site has different areas of expertise, so check out these reviews to find one you like:
1. Bookmaker – The best overall MLB betting site
Bookmaker.eu is the best sportsbook for MLB bettors. It has always prided itself on releasing its lines before Vegas books and offshore rivals, so it is popular with sharp bettors. Bookmaker also accepts all action, including professionals, and it will not limit you when you go on a heater.
It is a very easy-to-use MLB betting site, with a clean interface, fast-loading pages and a simple online betslip. The baseball betting odds are very competitive, and there are plenty of options available on MLB games. If you win, you will be paid out in a quick and secure manner.
- Famed for issuing the first MLB lines on each game
- Welcomes all MLB betting action
- Provides quick, secure payouts when you win
- Smaller sign-up bonus than rival MLB betting sites
- Fewer prop bets than Bovada
2. Heritage Sports – Trusted sportsbook with sharp MLB betting lines
Heritage Sports will have you swinging for the fences with its 8¢ progressive baseball betting lines. It is part of the appealing reduced juice cashback program, which also earns you -108 odds on sides and totals on football and basketball games, plus a quarterly cash rebate of up to 0.8% on betting volumes. With the 8¢ MLB line, you will earn larger profits on winning bets at Heritage Sports than most rival sportsbooks.
This was previously an invite-only book with a long waiting list. Heritage Sports was famous for its sharp lines, great customer support and secure payouts, so demand for its services spiked, and the company eventually changed its approach and started accepting all customers from around the country. However, it still offers excellent customer service, and the increased volume has not affected the payout speeds.
- Sharp MLB betting lines
- Appealing cash back program
- Great site for live MLB betting
- Sign-up bonus has a large rollover requirement
- Lower betting limits than some rivals
Visit Heritage Sports
3. Bovada – Best site for MLB prop bets
Bovada is our top choice for any MLB bettors seeking a wide variety of wagering options. It offers a huge selection of prop bets and alternate lines on each MLB game. There is also a prop builder tool, and you can create same-game parlays within the Bovada betslip. If you are interested in a bet that is not listed, Tweet Bovada using #whatsyawager and the team will give you odds on it.
New players can earn up to $750 in bonus credits through the welcome bonus. The funds come with a 5x rollover requirement, which is lower than the offshore MLB betting sites it competes with. There is also an excellent loyalty program, which spans the racebook, casino and poker room too.
- More prop bets than rival MLB sites
- Request any bet type and get odds on it
- Lower rollover requirements than rivals
- BetOnline offers more promotions
- Heritage Sports often has sharper lines
4. BetOnline – MLB betting site with the highest limits
This A+ rated MLB betting site allows you to wager up to $10,000 on MLB moneylines. It also has a re-bet option, which allows you to repeat any bet after 61 seconds, multiple times, allowing you to keep going until you reach your desired total stake. That makes it a great option for high-stakes bettors.
BetOnline also offers a larger welcome bonus and more promotions than the other MLB betting sites we have featured. Its odds are competitive, it provides lots of prop bets, you can benefit from same-day crypto payouts, live streaming of MLB games is available and the customer service is impressive, so this is another great all-around baseball betting site.
- Large betting limits and re-bet functionality
- Competitive MLB betting odds
- Loads of promotions for MLB bettors
- High rollover requirements on bonuses
- Does not have a loyalty program
5. BetAnySports – Reduced juice MLB betting site
This is the best option for anyone seeking reduced juice MLB betting odds. BetAnySports offers 5-cent overnight MLB moneylines, which are available until 8 AM EST. That ensures you will earn significantly larger profits on successful bets at this sportsbook than rival sites.
That makes BetAnySports popular with experienced, sharp bettors. However, it welcomes all players. You will also benefit from 10-cent run lines and 10-cent totals on MLB games, which will be available overnight and through gameday right up to the first pitch of every regular season game. There are alternative packages, but we would highly recommend choosing this "Less Juice Package."
- Best MLB betting odds on the market
- Accessible, easy-to-use betting site
- Secure, trusted sportsbook with reliable payouts
- Fewer betting options than some competitors
- Players can only choose one bonus package
How We Determined Which Sites Offered the Most Value to Bettors
We focused on several key areas when reviewing MLB betting sites:
- Quality of the Odds | The best online sports betting sites take a low house edge on their lines. BetAnySports and Heritage Sports stand out in this regard.
- Variety of Baseball Betting Options | We also assessed the variety of pre-game, in-play and futures betting options at each site, along with exotic bets such as Grand Salamis.
- Betting Experience | We analyzed the quality of the user interface at each site, grading them on how easy it was to place a bet. The top sites also enhanced the user experience with exciting features, such as live streaming and betting picks.
- Bonuses | Large match deposit sign-up bonuses, reload bonuses, risk-free bets and odds boosts, and some of the exciting promotions available at the best MLB betting sites.
- Reputation | We only selected secure, trusted betting sites that have a reputation for treating customers fairly and paying out in full and on time.
Why Bet on Baseball Online
There are lots of benefits to online wagering as opposed to betting on baseball in person:
- You will find a wider selection of markets at online baseball betting sites.
- Bettors can register with several sportsbooks, compare their odds on the various betting options and get the best lines on each game.
- Online real-money sports betting sites provide bonuses and promotions on major sports, which are not available in person.
- It is far quicker and easier to place bets online.
Choosing Your Baseball Betting Site
First, you need to narrow the search down to sites that are available in your state. For example, Bovada does not accept customers in Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Delaware or Maryland. You can then find a site that suits your budget, such as BetOnline for high rollers.
Finally, you can consider your priorities. If you are looking for a wide range of wager types, Bovada is a great option. If you are looking for early baseball betting lines, Bookmaker stands out. BetOnline is an excellent choice for a huge selection of special offers, whereas BetAnySports and Heritage Sports stand out for the quality of their odds. Remember that you can sign up with multiple MLB betting sites to unlock all the benefits.
Betting Sites Registration Process
- Click the link next to one of the MLB betting sites on this page and it will pop up in a new window.
- Hit "Join" or "Join Now" to open the sign-up form.
- Fill in your personal and contact info. Create a password and send in the form.
- An email will be sent to the address you have provided. Click the link to validate it.
- Make an initial deposit with the online cashier using a credit card, bank transfer, bank wire, crypto or an alternate payment method.
- The leading lights within the sports betting industry will provide a large deposit match bonus, but you can opt-out if you want to avoid wagering requirements.
- When your account is funded, you can place your first bet.
Now Place Your First Bet
Sports bettors can select "Baseball" from the list of sports and then choose "MLB" to begin the betting process. You will see a list of games, or you can browse futures betting markets.
Click on any betting option to add it to the betslip and type in the amount you would like to risk. The slip will highlight the potential winnings on offer, and you can click again to place your first bet on baseball.
Variety of Baseball Markets
A wide variety of baseball betting markets will be available at the leading online sportsbooks. These are the main types of bets you can place:
A moneyline bet is a simple prediction on the team that will win an MLB game. It is the simplest of all the baseball betting options. Sportsbooks issue MLB moneyline odds on individual games, and often on the first five innings too. If you select the “Listed Pitchers” option, the bet will only go ahead if those pictures start.
Parlay bets combine two or more MLB picks. For example, you might predict that the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers will all win. All three teams would then need to win for the bet to succeed. Parlay betting is exciting, as the money earned from each pick goes onto the next pick, so it can lead to large payouts, but if one pick fails, the entire bet loses.
The run line arises when the sportsbooks give the superior team a 1.5-run handicap. You can bet on Team A -1.5 or Team B +1.5. This is available on all regular season games and postseason games. You will also find alternate run lines.
This is an over/under prediction on the number of runs scored by both MLB teams. Betting totals is also available on innings and groups of innings, and you can bet on team totals and alternative total lines too.
This is a long-term wager that runs throughout the baseball season, such as the World Series outright winner or specific division winners. It is not determined by a single baseball game. There are also totals bets on the number of regular season wins each team will earn, plus futures on player awards, such as the MVP and Cy Young Award winners. Futures odds are dynamic and get updated all season long.
A player prop bet focuses on an individual’s performance. A popular option involves betting on a player to hit a home run. You can also bet over/under on runs, stolen bases, RBIs, strikeouts and much more.
Team prop bets focus on one of the teams within a game. Proposition bets allow you to place game bets without wagering on who the winner will be. Examples include the number of runs or home runs that a team will score.
How to Read the Odds on MLB Betting Sites
Baseball odds start with a plus or a minus. For example, these are the moneyline odds from Game 1 of the 2022 World Series:
- Philadelphia Phillies (+143)
- Houston Astros (-170)
Baseball betting odds beginning with a plus tell you the amount you would win from a $100 bet. A $100 bet on the Phillies would have netted you a $143 profit.
Odds beginning with a minus tell you how much you need to wager to win $100, so a $170 bet on the Astros would have resulted in a $100 profit.
Tips for Betting on MLB
Here are some popular baseball betting strategies and tips for betting on baseball games:
- Shop around for the game lines every time
- Look for arbitrage betting opportunities
- Fade the public
- Follow reverse line movements
- Bet "under" when winning teams meet
- Bet "under" when conditions are windy
- Back a losing team to follow up a win with another win
- Practice sensible bankroll management
- Delve into umpire stats
- Seek out expert picks
Top MLB Promo Codes and Bonuses
The leading sportsbooks will offer exciting baseball betting bonuses. They include deposit match sign-up offers, reload deposit bonuses, odds boosts, risk-free bets and other special offers. Some of these promotional offers require bonus codes to unlock them. However, if you click the link found next to a sportsbook on this page, you will receive the best sign-up bonuses automatically, without needing to enter a code.
MLB Betting Apps
Some states have locally regulated, native baseball betting apps, which can be downloaded through Google Play or the App Store. However, these sports betting apps are unavailable in many states, including California, Florida and Texas.
In those states, you will need to use an offshore sportsbook instead. They do not provide a native mobile betting app, but their mobile-optimized websites provide an equally convenient wagering service on MLB games via any iPhone or Android device. Many seasoned bettors in states with native apps still use offshore mobile sportsbooks too, as they normally offer better odds, a wider selection of markets and larger bonuses.
Frequently Asked Questions about Betting on MLB
What are some of the banking methods available when betting in MLB?
Visa, MasterCard, a bank transfer, a wire transfer, Bitcoin and altcoins are some of the deposit and withdrawal options available to baseball bettors.
What is the run line in Baseball?
It is typically a 1.5-run handicap given to the stronger team. You can bet on Team A -1.5 or Team B +1.5 at legal sports betting sites.
Which markets are the best for betting?
The best baseball bets are the moneyline, first 5 innings, the run line, total runs and props.
Go for the "Listed Pitchers" option at online baseball betting sites too.
What’s the most profitable type of betting?
Baseball is generally the most profitable sport at a typical mobile betting app or website, provided you stick to moneylines, search for the best odds and conduct thorough research.
How old do you have to be to bet on MLB?
The minimum age for betting on baseball online varies on a state-by-state basis, but it is generally 18 or 21.