Best New Jersey Online Casino Sites in 2024
For a decade now, it has been legal to play online casino games in New Jersey. The online casino market continues to grow as more legal sites obtain an online license and enter the competitive field to get their piece of the gaming revenue pie.
Online casino gambling revenue was reportedly near $1.4 billion for 2021 in New Jersey. As one of the very few states in the country to have fully legalized online casino games, poker, and sports gambling, New Jersey is a great spot for online gamblers looking to bet and win real money today.
We have compiled this guide to look at the best online casinos for New Jersey players, the types of bonuses and payment methods you can expect to find at them, and why you should feel safe using these online betting sites for all your gambling needs.
Best New Jersey Online Casinos in 2024
With so many online casinos to choose from, it sure would be nice if an impartial source vetted each one and assigned a grade based on an important set of criteria for creating a quality online gambling experience.
Well, the good news is that is exactly what we have done at Bookmakers Review. Here are our top seven offshore casinos that will accept New Jersey players:
- Heritage Sports – Great for video poker and live betting
- BetAnySports – Nice variety of casino and lottery games
- SportsBetting – Try BetOnline’s sister site
- Everygame – Excellent poker software
- BetUS – Plenty of unique casino games with demos
- WagerWeb – Always free crypto payouts
- JustBet – Great for fans of BookMaker
Best Online Casinos in New Jersey Reviewed
Below you will find reviews of our top five online casinos. Before we get to that, we’d like to point out that these sites are all located in Costa Rica or Antigua where online gambling is legal. These offshore sportsbooks follow the rules in their local jurisdictions, and while they are not regulated or officially licensed by the state of New Jersey, they are legit operations with track records of success that you are allowed to join and play casino games or bet on sports in New Jersey for real money at today.
1. Heritage Sports: Great for Video Poker and Live Betting
Anyone in New Jersey can join our top-graded online casino from Costa Rica. Heritage Sports has been around for over 20 years and it is in its third decade of providing customers with competitive odds in the sportsbook and a well-rounded site with a racebook, casino and esports section.
The welcome bonuses are not huge, but Heritage Sports does a great job of getting cash back to existing customers who bet often on the site. You can get rebates either daily, weekly or monthly for how much you bet in the sportsbook, casino or racebook.
They also have more personalized perks and promotions, like getting a free birthday parlay (worth up to $500) or your every eighth deposit is free.
- Arguably the best rebates and cash-back programs
- Does live betting as well as anyone
- Demo versions of real money games offered
- E-sports parlay boosts
- Bonus money has no restrictions on where it can be used
- Those seeking big welcome bonus will be disappointed
- Lacks newer casino games
2. BetAnySports: Nice Variety of Casino and Lottery Games
BetAnySports is home to a straightforward site and modest promos, but if you want a great online sportsbook and casino, then it delivers. The sportsbook has hands-down the best reduced juice with lines of -105 instead of -108 or -110 found at competitors. This is for many leagues too and not limited to just one market. They also do prop bets better than most with their prop builder.
Despite the name, BetAnySports is also a well-known figure in the online casino industry. The casino gives you seven different choices to choose from, each containing its own diverse selection of games ranging from online slots and different types of video poker to table games. They also do live dealer games with reasonable limits. They have unique games like 3D slots as well.
The other way BetAnySports stands out is by offering lottery drawings with 80% better payouts. Play your favorite numbers without leaving the house and play them in different states if you want. They also offer the New Jersey Pick 3 and Pick 4 drawings.
- Best reduced juice (-105 odds)
- Lottery fans will love drawings from different states
- Great variety of online casino games
- Rollover requirements are competitively low
- Lacks the huge sign-up bonuses found at some online casino operators
- Site could use a remodeling
3. SportsBetting: Try BetOnline’s Sister Site
SportsBetting belongs to the same group in charge of BetOnline, except you can actually join SportsBetting if you live in New Jersey. The experience is similar with an elite poker room that runs on the third-busiest network of American poker players. The downloadable poker software is free and within minutes you can be playing in tournaments or live dealer games.
The sportsbook is also one of the best out there with a decent set of prop picks, opinionated lines on major markets and plenty of unique promotions like a $25 risk-free bet on your first live bet or insurance on bad beats.
Finally, like with BetOnline, you can expect some of the quickest payouts, highest limits and substantial welcome bonuses in the business.
- Resembles the BetOnline experience well
- Enjoy their poker tournaments
- Offers free contests
- Timely payouts
- Some deposit methods not eligible for deposit bonuses
- Lacks demo versions of casino games
4. Everygame: Excellent Poker Software
Everygame is a great combination of a sportsbook and casino. You get access to many global sports markets with the chance to do live betting on a site with superior design. But things really look their sharpest when you enter the casino, which includes live dealer games and a classic section with everyone’s favorite games to go along with the flashier Casino Red which has newer games.
The poker tournaments are one of the biggest draws to Everygame. They have great software you can download for poker. The rooms aren’t as busy as those found at some other notable offshore sportsbooks, but at least Everygame is open to all New Jersey users who want to win real money on online poker today. New users can take advantage of some exciting Everygame promo codes and get started with some bonus funds and free spins.
- Great selection of sports markets
- Some of the best site design
- Poker software is top-notch
- Casino games offer demo versions
- It does not have its own racebook section
- More suited for casual sports bettors
5. BetUS: Plenty of Unique Casino Games with Demos
BetUS has nearly 30 years in the business, so you can trust that they are a dependable, highly-reputable company. They care about their customers and offer plenty of informative guides on the site, so if you are new to horse racing, blackjack, or how to use crypto, BetUS has you covered with a wide range of resources.
They also get you the best analysis and original content in the business with BetUS TV, a YouTube channel that features shows for just about every sport out there. Get expert picks and analysis to better inform your bets.
BetUS also offers some of the most unique and largest deposit match bonuses to New Jersey customers. Currently, you can get a 125% sign-up bonus of up to $3,125 on your first deposit. That gets split between 100% on the sportsbook and 25% on the casino, so you are welcome to try out everything the site has to offer. Their casino game library is one of the best out there as it is loaded with new games other rivals lack, and they also have demo versions available.
- Video content is original and diverse
- Great guides for gamblers
- Huge deposit bonuses
- Casino library features exclusive games and demo versions
- Some of the highest playthrough requirements for bonus funds
- Props could be better designed
Top Real Money Online Casinos for New Jersey Compared
Here are how our top online casinos for New Jersey users look side-by-side:
|Credit Card, Bitcoin, Cashiers Check, Bank Transfer, P2P
|Heritage Sports Review
|Credit Card, Bitcoin, Electronic Check
|Credit Card, Bitcoin, Crypto, Cashiers Check, Bank Transfer, P2P
|Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Neteller, Bank Transfer, P2P
|Credit Card, Bitcoin, Bank Transfer, P2P
|Credit Card, Bitcoin, Cashiers Check, Bank Transfer, P2P
|Credit Card, Bitcoin, P2P, Crypto
For full transparency, some of our grading criteria for ranking these sites includes but is not limited to:
- Depth and variety of games offered
- Reputation of the brand in this industry
- Security and safety
- Transaction methods
- Mobile site design
- Ease of use
- Live betting performance
- Customer service
History of Online Casinos in New Jersey
2018: Two new casinos, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City and Ocean Resort Casino, open in Atlantic City.
2013: Governor Chris Christie signs legislation to legalize online gambling in New Jersey.
July 2003: The Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa, the first new casino in 13 years, opens.
May 1987: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that states can regulate or even ban, gambling on Native American reservations.
1980: A referendum to allow casino gambling in other parts of New Jersey besides Atlantic City is defeated.
1976: New Jersey voters approve a referendum legalizing casino gambling in Atlantic City, making it the second state in the U.S. to legalize casinos after Nevada.
Types of New Jersey Casino Bonuses
We believe promotions are one of the strongest deciding factors for why people select an online casino. The welcome bonus is the first thing that will draw many in, but we also wanted to look at the promotions for existing users below.
A good way to draw a customer in is to offer them a large bonus right upon signing up. This is done by matching your first deposit, or sometimes your first three deposits up to a certain amount.
Most casino sites will match your first deposit with 100% in bonus money. That means you could deposit $500 and get an instant $500 matched in bonus funds if the offer is for a 100% match. Just keep in mind none of that money can be withdrawn until you satisfy the rollover requirement (explained below in the FAQ section).
We wanted to show you how the welcome bonuses can vary across sites, so we have included the current offers for New Jersey users at our top five online casinos:
- Heritage Sports: max value $250 on 50% sign-up bonus (rollover: 12x)
- BetAnySports: max value $500 on 25% cash bonus (rollover: 6x)
- SportsBetting: max value $1000 on 50% sign-up bonus (rollover: 10x)
- Everygame: max value $750 with three 100% deposit match bonuses over your first three deposits (rollover: 4x)
- BetUS: max value $3,125 on 125% sign-up bonus split between 100% sports bonus (rollover: 10x) and 25% casino (rollover: 30x).
You’ll always want to read the terms and conditions before accepting bonus money. There are certain betting markets, such as craps and horse racing, that may not be eligible for counting towards the rollover requirements.
Existing Customer Promotions
Everyone enjoys a good deposit match bonus, but what happens three months later after you’ve been betting almost daily on a site? That’s when you want to see other perks and offers to reward your loyalty. Here is a sampling of what you can expect there from these online casinos:
- Reload bonuses/deposit match bonuses (size to vary by your betting volume)
- Free spins on slots or free bets in the sportsbook
- Reduced juice betting lines
- Odds boosts (sports)
- Parlay boosts based on number of legs
- Fun online sports betting promotions
- Racebook rebates
- Weekly net casino losses paid in rebates
- Friend referral program
- VIP Programs/Rewards Programs
Payment Methods Available at New Jersey Online Casinos
Most sites will offer over a dozen different banking methods. Typically, deposit methods include bank transfer or wire transfer, cryptocurrency, as well as using your credit card or debit card. Some online sites can even take cash payments.
You typically have a similar range of options when it comes to withdrawal methods as well.
A couple of notes to keep in mind on transactions at these online casino sites:
- Checks take the longest amount of time when withdrawing money from casinos online.
- Crypto will always be the fastest banking method to process, and most online casino sites have no fees for crypto transactions
- Some online casino sites have higher fees on some banking methods than others.
- Some sites have lower limits and wagering requirements than others.
- Consider using a P2P app or eWallet as your banking method if you do not want to provide your personal details directly to the online casino provider.
What games are available at online casinos in New Jersey?
Quality online gambling sites will be split into different sections providing a variety of gambling choices:
- Online Sports Betting (sides, totals, props, live bets, parlays, etc.)
- Racebook (Thoroughbred and harness races, fixed odds, daily rebates, etc.)
- Esports (watch live streaming, bonuses on parlays, etc.)
- Online Casino Gaming (video poker, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, online slots, keno, live dealer games, etc.)
There is something for everybody.
FAQs – NJ Online Casino Websites
Yes, online casino gambling and online sports betting are both legal in the state of New Jersey. Offshore sites offer online casino players all their favorite games and a wide range of bonus offers. There are also great promo codes for new users.
Yes, online casinos have been legal in New Jersey since 2013. The top-rated offshore options take online casino players from New Jersey and all over the United States.
Offshore online casinos like the ones we reviewed above have been properly vetted and have an upstanding reputation in the industry with years of experience. You can feel safe casino gambling at any of them.
No, each of the online casino operators we have reviewed offers online slots, table games and online sports betting to residents all over the United States.
Yes, but major online casino operators like FanDuel or Caesars Casino have to follow the requirements of the New Jersey law; usually, this means they pay more taxes and offer lower deposit bonuses than offshore sites.
A rollover or playthrough requirement is used at every online casino so that new users do not just simply sign up, deposit money, get their bonus funds and then withdraw their earnings without wagering anything. The rollover requirement must be met before you can take that money out.
The 2024 Super Bowl marked a historic moment in sports betting, setting a record $185.6M in wagers in Nevada. The intense showdown between the Chiefs and 49ers not only brought massive betting revenue but also attracted the highest-ever TV ratings with 123.4 million viewers.
Explore Arizona House Bill 2732, challenging the denial of sports betting licenses for Turf Paradise. Despite financial hurdles, the historic horse racing track persists. The bill seeks to redefine sports facilities, opening doors for Turf Paradise in the evolving Arizona sports betting scene.
In Minnesota, lawmakers roll the dice on sports betting bills, with Senator Miller’s ‘Minnesota Sports Betting Act 2.0’ proposing in-person betting at venues. Tribal opposition persists, while Governor Walz hopes for collaboration in 2024’s legislative session to tap into the lucrative $100 billion industry.
Del. Pamela Queen’s bill (HB 1087) aims to ban on-campus betting in Maryland, requiring geofencing and policy postings by August 1, 2024. Concurrently, Rep. Vanessa Atterbeary introduces a bill (HB 1319) for 12 online casino licenses, signaling potential transformations in Maryland’s gambling industry.