It is a fun weekend ahead for sports betting, watching football of all kinds and Wild Card clashes in baseball.
We have several aspects covered for you and give you things to think about before placing bets.
If you missed last night’s Colts and Broncos matchup, consider yourself lucky. We go over the gory details.
This and a boatload of trends that make sense and free picks to boot!
PLAY NOW: $25,000 Free-To-Play NFL Contest: BMR’s 2022 Pick’Em Pool Opens for Registration
About Last Night…
If there was ever a reason to stop playing NFL Thursday night football and go back to letting college football have it back with a marquee game or two, it was last night.
Dull, boring, and whatever other descriptive words you would want to use, it was all of that.
No question Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson look terrible, but the offensive coaches deserve a lot of blame for not doing a better job to create an offense that fits what they want to do and along with using what the quarterbacks are comfortable with.
If you had the UNDER last night, you will not have an easier one all year.
Draymond Green, you want to love him, but every time you do, he does something crazy.
Word came down that Green and teammate Jordan Poole got into it.
This isn’t like an NFL camp, like Allen Iverson said so many years ago, “It’s practice”.
Not sure other than Golden State what team Green could play for.
- Arizona is 0-8 ATS at home after outgaining foe by 100 or more total yards in their previous game.
- Detroit is 3-12 ATS in road games off a close home loss by three points or less.
- Miami is 9-0 ATS off two or more consecutive Unders.
- Cincinnati is 7-0 ATS in road games when the total is 45.5 or higher.
- New York Giants are 22-8 UNDER as an underdog the last three seasons.
- Philadelphia is 10-1 OVER away after gaining 375 or more total yards in four consecutive games.
- Los Angeles Rams are 13-2 UNDER in home games vs. defenses allowing a completion percentage of 61% or higher.
- Cincinnati is 9-0 UNDER after gaining 99 or less rushing yards in two straight games.
- Rutgers is 1-9 ATS at home against conference opponents since 2020. (Friday)
- UNLV is 1-9 ATS in road games off a win by 10 points or more over a conference rival. (Friday)
- Pittsburgh is 11-0 ATS after two consecutive games where they forced no turnovers.
- Tulsa is 10-0 ATS after one or more Unders since 2020.
- Stanford is 0-9 ATS vs. teams with a completion percentage of 58% or better.
- Tulane is 0-10 ATS off a road win by three points or less.
- Arkansas Sate is 18-1 UNDER when playing against a top-level team (Win Pct. of 75%+).
- Oklahoma State, is 47-14 OVER in home games vs. teams scoring 31 or more points a game.
- San Diego State is 32-8 UNDER vs. teams outscored by 10+ points per game on the season.
- Ole Miss is 9-0 UNDER vs. teams scoring 31 or more points a game.
- Seattle is 12-3 OVER in road games vs. an AL starting pitcher whose ERA is 2.90 or lower.
- San Diego is 11-26 vs. an NL starting pitcher whose ERA is 2.40 or lower.
- Nashville has won four in a row over San Jose. (Friday/Saturday)
BMR’s Betting Pulse
After that awful Thursday night mess, we move ahead to the Giants against Packers in London, the Bengals and Ravens for Sunday Night Football, our Best Bets, who is on Upset Alert and Late Value picks.
Though it is hardly a marquee game based on the season, Texas and Oklahoma in the Red River Rivalry is always great viewing for the pageantry and we have that broken down.
We also try to figure out disappointing Texas A&M against Alabama, Tennessee and LSU, and a whole batch of other tilts.
Along with this, we have our Week 6 Best Bets and late Value Picks.
The Baseball Playoffs commence Friday and continue all weekend long for the Wild Card Round. Review all series prices and series free picks.
Also, make sure to check out our daily Best Bets for the American League and National League.
We break down UFC 62 and hone in on the main event – Grasso vs. Araujo.
There is all kinds of soccer action for the weekend! We have UEFA Champions League Matchday 4 Best Bets, English Premier League Matchday 10 and 2022 World Cup Group B Full Breakdown and Best Bets.
MLB – The Playoffs Brought Pricing Changes
Once the starting pitchers were announced for Game 1 and baseball bettors placed wagers, three of the four series saw the favorites betting odds decrease at Bovada (visit our Bovada Review)
Wild Card Series Prices
- Cardinals (-150) over Phillies (+120) Update: Cardinals (-125)
- Mets (-170) over Padres (+140) Update: Mets (-185)
- Blue Jays (-180) over Mariners (+150) Update: Blue Jays (-150)
- Guardians (-130) over Rays (Even) Update: Cleveland (-125)
More Sorry News From The Colts/Broncos Contest This just in!
NHL – New Season Starts Today
Nashville and San Jose will get a new season started in Prague on Friday and Saturday.
Top-rated sportsbooks long ago adjusted the totals, but last year the average score of an NHL contest was 6.22 goals.
That was the highest figure since the 1995-96 season. (Thanks ESPN Stats) Will that trend continue?
NCAAF – Do As I Say, Not As I Do
Earlier this year when Nick Saban was railing on Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M for “buying players” with NIL deals, he said “I’m all for players making as much as they can make,” he said.
“I also think we’ve got to have some uniform transparent way to do that.” Well, Alabama had its chance to do so and passed.
NCAAF – Rocky Mountain Low
The Denver Broncos are 2-3 and 1-4 ATS and they are not the only football team scuffling in Colorado.
The University of Colorado and Colorado State are a combined 0-9 SU and ATS this season. Thank goodness for the Air Force who is 4-1 (3-2 ATS).
For all line moves, we don’t use those related to injuries, which are not direct betting related.
NCAAF Biggest Line Moves – Updated Oct. 7
- Purdue +5 to +3 vs. Maryland – Unchanged though 70% of bets are on Maryland.
- Georgia -27.5 to -30 over Auburn – Slight buyback to -29.5 with 70+% of money backing Auburn.
- Buffalo +1 to -2 over Bowling Green – No movement but 65% of cash on Bowling Green.
- Kent State -2 to -5.5 over Miami-O – A small pullback to -5, with just over 50% of cash/bets on Miami-O.
- Ohio State -24.5 to -27 over Mich. State – 95% of money and 80% of bets backing the Buckeyes.
- Washington State/USC Total – 59.5 to 65.5 – No changes, yet 75% of the money on the UNDER.
- Texas Tech/Okla. State Total – 63 to 67 – 85% of the cash calling for a lower score.
- Ohio State/Mich. State Total – 61.5 to 65.5 – 80% of money supporting the Under.
Play or Fade?
Top 5 Bets Placed by Percentage (highest first) (9-16 record)
- San Diego State
- Ohio State
- Appalachian State
Top 5 Bets Placed by Money (highest first) (11-12-2 record)
- Wake Forest
Top 5 Totals Bets by Percentage (highest first) (14-10-1 record)
- Mississippi/Vanderbilt UNDER,
- Purdue/Maryland OVER,
- Houston/Memphis OVER,
- Western KY/UTSA OVER
- Buffalo/Bowling Green OVER
NFL Biggest Line Moves – Updated Oct. 7
- Packers -7 to -9 over Giants – 80% of bets and money on Green Bay.
- Titans Pick to -2.5 over Commanders – A small reversal to -2 with Tennessee the choice at 70%.
- 49ers -3 to -6.5 over Panthers – Remained steady and 90% of wagers on Frisco.
- Buccaneers -8 to -10 over Falcons – This came later in the week with 80% trusting Tom Brady.
- Cowboys/Rams Total – 46 to 43 – Remains the same and 75% agree with the lower number.
Play or Fade?
NFL Top 3 Bets Placed by Percentage (highest first) (5-6-1 record)
NFL Top 3 Totals Bets by Percentage (highest first) (5-7 record)
- Raiders/Chiefs OVER
- Titans/Commanders OVER
- Bears/Vikings UNDER
Out The Door
Chess – What in the World?
You probably heard about possible cheating in higher-level Chess. They have come up with one way to combat it.
Yesterday in New Jersey, we learned on Twitter a smart bettor plunked down 1K that no touchdowns would be scored between the Colts and Broncos at 100-1 NFL odds.
We wondered if he watched the entire game to win his bet.
Who is Right?
The Clemson Tigers are resembling who we remember them as from the past this season after what seemed like a decline in 2021.
They travel to Boston College this Saturday to take on the Eagles, who just upset Louisville at home a week ago.
Clemson is a 20.5-point road favorite and 65% of wagers placed support the Tigers. When it comes to bettor’s money, that is something else with 70% backing the Eagles at Chestnut Hill. What are you thinking?
Let’s get some winners! Let’s have a big weekend and see you back here Monday.