The world’s most prestigious tennis tournament begins next week. Wimbledon is held at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and it is a village that is synonymous with the tournament that it hosts.
Wimbledon has fun traditions such as “strawberries and cream” and the Royal Family attending the event.
There will be no ranking points on the line, but players will still do their best to make their mark in tennis history. Let’s take a look at WTA odds in order to find more winning tennis picks.
Iga Swiatek Player Profile
Any WTA tournament preview now begins with one name: Iga Swiatek. Let’s take a look at the world’s undisputed number one player.
- Iga Swiatek has won 35 straight matches and has been a virtual wrecking ball. She went through the clay swing undefeated.
- Swiatek did forgo all warm-up tournaments due to a shoulder injury going into Wimbledon, but she is still the rightful favorite.
- Swiatek uses a kick serve, which is highly effective on clay but loses its effectiveness on the low bouncing grass courts.
- Swiatek has had previous success on grass as a junior. She was the 2018 Wimbledon Junior champion.
- Swiatek made the round of 16 at Wimbledon last season, eventually losing to Ons Jabeur.
- Swiatek will be a favorite on the money line of every match in this tournament.
Iga Swiatek Beting the Odds
At WTA odds of +165, there is some value on the world’s best player to win Wimbledon. The ban on Russian and Belarusian players has thinned the field of a lot of the power players that Swiatek would struggle with, such as Aryna Sabalenka, Vika Azarenka, Ekaterina Alexandrova, and Elena Rybakina.
This turn of events probably helps Swiatek the most out of any player, as power players have the best chance of scoring the upset against her.
Simona Halep Player Profile
- Simona Halep is a thirty-year-old Romanian player currently ranked 19th in the world.
- Halep is a former Wimbledon champion, winning the tournament in 2019.
- Halep is 6-1 on grass so far this season.
- Halep is a former world number one. She suffered injuries last season that forced her to miss significant time, but her form is better than it has been since the injuries occurred.
- Halep missed the last 2 Wimbledon tournaments due to injury. This will be her first time playing at Wimbledon since she won the title.
- Halep is coming off an impressive week in Bad Homburg. Halep comes into this tournament in excellent form.
Simona Halep’s play this grass season has lowered the odds but there is still value for her at +1200. Halep has shown that her play is back at the level that she was when she won Wimbledon in 2019.
Halep has an excellent chance to continue her Wimbledon winning streak and win this prestigious event.
Belinda Bencic Player Profile
- Belinda Bencic is a 25 year old Swiss player ranked 17th in the world.
- Bencic is 6-2 on grass this season.
- Bencic suffered an injury in the final of her last tournament in Berlin, making her WTA odds more lucrative.
- Bencic won Wimbledon as a junior in 2013.
- Bencic is an excellent defensive player and is one of the best in the world at redirecting pace on grass. Bencic is not bothered by the low bouncing balls on grass because her elite lateral quickness allows her to be in position for most shots.
If Belinda Bencic did not injure herself in the final of Berlin, these odds would be half of what they are.
Belinda’s Benci Health
Yes, we are taking a little bit of a gamble on her health, but at +2500, it is well worth the risk. If Bencic is fully recovered from her ankle sprain, which is highly likely, this presents the very best value on the board due to the WTA odds.
Belinda Bencic has always excelled on grass and has an opportunity to enter this tournament without the weight of expectations due to the injury. At +2500, Belinda Bencic is the best outright future available for Wimbledon.
WTA Betting Picks
Iga Swiatek has to be in your portfolio due to her current dominance of the women’s game. Concerns about injury and surface are offset by her dominant play this year.
Simona Halep is coming into form at the right time. If anyone has the style and experience to defeat this current level that Swiatek is displaying, it is the former world #1 who has shown remarkable consistency with her level of play throughout her career.
Belinda Bencic is a great play at longshot odds. If Bencic makes the semifinals, you will be replete with options to hedge and be assured of a profitable tournament.
Tennis Pick: Simona Halep to win Wimbledon (+1200) with BetOnline
Tennis Pick: Belinda Bencic to win Wimbledon (+2500) with BetOnline
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.