Online Gambling in Florida in 2023
Gambling and the state of Florida should go hand in hand because both are designed for dreamers who want to live life to the fullest. Unfortunately, the Sunshine State has a complex history of accepting and rejecting gambling so, to this day, there is still no system in place for legalized online gambling in Florida, the third-most populated state in the country.
However, this does not mean that Florida residents have no casino gambling options. In fact, there is an ever-growing number of online betting sites and mobile sports betting apps that Floridians can join and start placing wagers with real money and enjoy betting on their favorite sports teams, or casino-style gaming.
We know you have questions. Where are these sites, are they legal for me to join, and what do they offer players? Fortunately, we have compiled a thorough guide that will show you the best offshore sportsbooks in the Sunshine State to join as well as go over the history and legality of Florida sports betting, casino gambling and other forms of gambling in the Sunshine State.
Best 2023 Online Gambling Sites in Florida
If you need help finding the best online gambling sites in Florida, then you have come to the right spot. We review each of these sites based on a set of criteria we value as the most important, and from there we have completed a top 10 list of the best sites for online gambling in Florida.
- Bookmaker.eu – will not limit winning players
- Heritage Sports – fans of live betting rejoice
- Bovada – king of props
- BetOnline – known for opinionated lines
- BetAnySports – play the lottery from home
- BetUS – the spot for blackjack players
- WagerWeb – reduced juice lines
- GTBets – paid and free contests to enter
- JustBet – great customer service
- Everygame – outstanding site design
All 10 of these sites are offshore gambling sites, meaning they do not have to abide by the laws in Florida, which currently deem online betting to be illegal. But as a Floridian, you can still join and bet with real money on these sites as there is no specific law to prohibit you from doing so. If you are concerned about your safety in using these online sportsbooks, do not fret. We made sure to inspect that each one is reputable and will pay out your winnings the way you deserve.
The Best Florida Sportsbooks Reviews for 2023
Our top 10 list for online gambling sites includes gaming spots that are better than others in certain areas, such as their welcome bonus or the rollover requirement. To help you figure out which site will suit your personal preference the best, read on to see reviews of each of our top 10 best sportsbooks for Florida players.
1. BookMaker: Great for Bettors of All Experience Levels
Bookmaker.eu is our top-rated (A+) sportsbook that has been operating out of Costa Rica since 1996. You know you are going to get a quality gambling experience with the site “where the line originates” as Bookmaker.eu is famous for posting some of the earliest odds in the industry. This attracts Floridian bettors looking for value as well as being a good site for those new to offshore sites.
While some sportsbooks have a bad reputation for severely limiting or even banning players who win a lot, BookMaker will accept plays from everyone, and they have high limits. There is also a good racebook that offers 8% rebate on exotic wagers.
Crypto users can get a welcome bonus of 20% cash up to $500 on their first deposit. Any other method will result in a 25% bonus. These bonuses carry a 10x rollover requirement.
- Early betting lines for sharps
- Accepts players of all experience levels
- Can live bet props on the top sports markets
- Elite loyalty program for long-term customers
- Needs more prop picks on football
- Casino game fans will be disappointed with selection
2. Heritage Sports: Best for Live Betting
Once upon a time, you had to get an invitation to join Heritage Sports. Fortunately, anyone in Florida of legal age can create an account and start gambling today at this Costa Rica-based site that has been around since 2001.
Once inside, you will see the site prides itself on offering reduced juice (-108 odds) on sports lines. This is a nice benefit to players from the standard -110 lines on game sides and totals. Not only do you get those lines, but there is a cash-back loyalty program for reduced juice that has other rewards to loyal players.
Heritage Sports is also big on live betting, e-sports markets, and online casino games including scratch cards, and it has a dedicated racebook. Users will also appreciate some of the thoughtful and exclusive perks and promotions, such as getting a free parlay for your birthday with a maximum value of up to $500. You also can get every eighth deposit for free based on the average of the last seven deposits on Heritage Sports.
- Reduced juice (-108) beats most competitors
- Solid e-sports hub and racebook
- Site is easy to navigate
- Some of the most unique perks to make up for smaller bonuses
- Credit card deposits capped at $500
- Bovada and Everygame have deeper sportsbooks
3. Bovada: Perfect for Prop Picks
Bovada is one of the most well-known offshore sites, especially to American users breaking into the gambling industry. The site is easy to navigate with a wide array of sports markets that you can bet on after funding your account from a variety of methods, including crypto.
Bovada is also known for having the busiest online poker room in the country, so poker lovers will have a good time here. You can also play a lottery-style numbers game that is unique to Bovada.
Bovada no longer offers a native app for download, but it has a good website that will work on your favorite device. The welcome bonus is a 75% crypto match worth up to $750. With a rollover of 5x, this is lower than the competition, meaning it will be easier for you to wager enough to convert that Bovada promo code into real money that you can withdraw.
- Wide range of sports markets, including darts and snooker
- Player prop builder is top tier
- Simple site design is easy to place bets
- Traffics in the most poker players in America’s online casinos
- Bland web design has largely been unchanged in five years
- Not the quickest at getting lines up for next games
4. BetOnline: Best for Opinionated Lines
BetOnline is right up there with the best of the best. Another A+ rated site out of Costa Rica, BetOnline combines big bonuses, high limits, good site design, an extensive sportsbook, and a big online casino for one of the best gambling experiences around.
Players will get opinionated lines on popular sports they won’t find anywhere else. If you are fortunate enough to win your bets, you can expect some of the fastest payouts in the industry.
- Get opinionated lines on your favorite sports
- Over 2.5 decades in the business
- Nearly unrivaled in payout processing time
- High rollers will appreciate high limits
- Can’t combine unders on Same Game Parlay markets
- Annoying fees when depositing with credit card
5. BetAnySports: Reduced Juice and the Lottery
While BetAnySports may not run the sexiest-looking site in the market, there is some ruthless efficiency to how they deliver bettors so many options with prop picks, seven casinos complete with their own game selection, and the best spot to play state lotteries (Florida included) from the comfort of your own home.
The simplicity of the site design can be a strength if you don’t need bells and whistles and just want to place bets. As for those lottery drawings, you will be limited to Pick 2/3/4/5, but it’s still the best place online where you can play that in Florida. You also can get 80% higher payouts if you win.
Users can choose a Less Juice Package that offers -105 reduced lines on sides and totals in popular sports markets. Not only does this outdo the standard lines (-110), but the other competitors offering reduced juice are usually -108.
- Best reduced juice (-105) in the business
- One of the best prop builders
- Lottery drawings from multiple states available
- Excellent customer service
- Site could use a redesign
- Bonus money is ineligible for props
6. BetUS: America’s Favorite Sportsbook
Whether BetUS is “America’s Favorite Sportsbook” is up for debate, but there is no question it is one of the best choices for Florida users. You get a reliable service that has been pleasing customers since 1994, making it one of our longest-running choices in the top 10.
BetUS provides quality in each section of the site: sportsbook, live betting hub, casino games, promotions and its racebook which has fixed odds racing and harness racing for events held all over the world.
Another feature that makes BetUS stand out from the competition is the inclusion of its own TV Service where you can watch shows with experts providing picks and analysis for all the major sports or just on betting in general. This is a nice touch that makes BetUS stand out from the pack.
- Longstanding reputation
- High limits for crypto users
- TV service provides picks and expert analysis
- High number of blackjack variants
- Welcome bonus carries high ($100) minimum deposit
- Could use more payment methods
7. WagerWeb: Same-Day Bitcoin Payouts
WagerWeb is a Costa Rica-based site that launched in 1994 and owns an A rating from BMR. They are one of the few sites on our list that offers reduced juice (-108 odds) on sports lines. Beyond the sportsbook, you will find over 200 casino games, live bets, horse racing, and weekly contests that are both free and paid entry where you can win big prizes.
You can get up to $500 with a 100% Welcome Cash Bonus as a new user in Florida. Just keep in mind this offer is only valid for deposits made with Bitcoin or MoneyGram. They also offer a 30% cash reload bonus as well as free play promotions.
- Offers reduced juice (-108)
- Credit card deposits carry no fee
- Caters to Bitcoin users
- 100% sign-up bonus for sports betting
- Betting limits need raised for leagues outside of NFL
- High rollover (15x) if using cash bonus on sports betting
8. GTBets: Get Improved Lines for Your Favorite Teams
Have you ever wanted to get better betting lines on your favorite professional sports teams? That is what GTBets (formerly Game Time Bets) provides players for the entire regular season. You just have to select one favorite team from each league (NFL, NBA, NCAAF, and NCAAB), and then you will get a free half-point on their betting lines for each game that season. So, if the Miami Dolphins are a 3-point favorite in a game, you can get the line at 2.5. They even highlight the lines in yellow so you will find them quicker.
Beyond that promotion, you get your usual solid selection of casino games (video poker, tournaments, slots) and horse racing. The sign-up bonus at GTBets is valid for your first two deposits: 100% match up to $500 (12x rollover) on the first deposit and 50% bonus up to $250 on your second deposit.
- Select your favorite teams and get a free half point on betting lines for duration of season
- Non-sports markets (politics and entertainment) available
- Paid and free contests to enter
- Solid mobile site
- Small deposit limits for non-crypto users
- Needs more withdrawal choices
9. JustBet: A Sister Site to BookMaker
Back in 2013, JustBet was bought by Bookmaker.eu, our No. 1 offshore site. That means the user experience is going to be right on par with what you’d get from BookMaker, though JustBet is the lesser-known of the two. But beyond the sportsbook providing access to early lines, you can find a racebook (rebates up to 8%) and plenty of casino game options ranging from slots to video poker and tournaments.
With a fair number of promotions and bonuses, you can get started gaming today with JustBet, though we prefer BookMaker.
- Functional web design
- Takes after sister site BookMaker with early lines
- Helpful customer service
- Play casino tournaments
- Prohibits parlays with correlated plays (i.e. can’t parlay run lines with totals in same baseball game)
- Not as good as BookMaker
10. Everygame: Awesome Mobile Site
Formerly known as Intertops before a recent rebranding, Everygame delivers on its new name by offering markets on just about everything you can think of. You can even bet on the South African Powerball drawing, in addition to markets on the U.S. drawing.
Beyond the deep markets is one of the best online casinos, complete with classic games and poker. This is where the site design really shines with the games running smoothly and looking great. You can even just try demo versions of them for free to see how good the casino looks on your favorite device or browser.
New users can get up to $750 in sign-up bonuses that will spread out over your first three deposits. Keep in mind you will need to enter an Everygame promo code for each deposit.
- You really can bet on just about Everygame going on in the world
- Live betting is a recent addition that was much needed
- The best-looking site in the market
- Fantastic casino complete with demo versions of games
- No separate racebook section like many competitors have
- Can only use live chat and email for customer service
Online Gambling in Florida – Best Sportsbooks Compared
|Sportsbook||Rating||Online Since||Payment Methods||Read Review|
|BookMaker||10||1996||Credit Card, Bitcoin, P2P, Crypto||Bookmaker.eu Review|
|Heritage Sports||10||2001||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Cashiers Check, Bank Transfer, P2P||Heritage Sports Review|
|Bovada||10||2011||Credit Card, Bitcoin||Bovada Review|
|BetOnline||10||2001||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Crypto, Cashiers Check, Bank Transfer P2P,||BetOnline Review|
|BetAnySports||10||2002||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Electronic Check||BetAnySports Review|
|BetUS||9.3||2000||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Bank Transfer, P2P||BetUS Review|
|WagerWeb||9.5||1994||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Cashiers Check, Bank Transfer, P2P||WagerWeb Review|
|JustBet||9.5||2000||Credit Card, Bitcoin, P2P, Crypto||JustBet Review|
|Everygame||10||1996||Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Neteller, Bank Transfer, P2P||Everygame Review|
Is online gambling legal in Florida?
The answer is, technically, yes, but most of the gambling that players will want to engage in is not legal in Florida at this time. Only certain forms of online gambling are legal in Florida. For example, you can legally play free poker games, but it is not legal to play online poker games for real money. Horse racing is always legal to bet online, but you cannot legally place a wager on any Florida sports teams for the Super Bowl or Stanley Cup or World Series. If Daily Fantasy Sports qualify as gambling in your mind, then those are legal to bet real money on in Florida. You cannot legally buy a lottery ticket online, but you can always visit one of the 13,000 retailers across the state and buy tickets in person.
Florida’s gambling status is a complicated tale of the laws not keeping up with the technology and demand of the people. Floridians want to gamble on their phones and favorite devices at their leisure, but the state is failing to pass a regulated system to make this legal and bring billions of dollars of revenue to the Sunshine State each year.
But the main thing you must know is that you can gamble online in Florida by using offshore sportsbooks. These sites are not regulated by Florida or U.S. laws, and they only have to abide by the local regulations in their jurisdictions. There is no specific law in Florida prohibiting you from gambling online by using one of these offshore sites, which will accept Florida residents. You are free to do that.
History of Gambling in Florida
The history of gambling in Florida is long and complex. Everyone from citizens to politicians (especially Governors) has taken a love/hate relationship with gambling as there have been moments of strong support followed by backlash, leading us to today’s climate where things are still up in the air for the future of gambling in the Sunshine State.
Timeline of Gambling Events in Florida
- 2015: Yahoo DFS pulls out of Florida after pressure to leave; DraftKings and FanDuel remain offering services in the state as DFS popularity grows.
- 2010: Legislature passes no-limit poker.
- 2007: Gov. Charlie Crist signs agreement with the Seminole tribe allowing Vegas-style slots, blackjack, and baccarat at their seven tribal casinos.
- 2004: Florida voters narrowly approve (50.8%) a constitutional amendment to allow slot machines at existing pari-mutuel facilities in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties.
- 1996: Poker is legalized at pari-mutuel facilities.
- 1986: Voters approve a state lottery that starts in 1988 while rejecting casinos at a 2-to-1 ratio.
- 1978: Gov. Reubin Askew leads “No Casinos” drive that helps defeat a casino ballot initiative.
- 1970: Bingo is legalized.
- 1960s: Dog racing and jai alai enjoy massive growth.
- 1959: Gov. LeRoy Collins writes an article in Parade magazine entitled “Legalized Gambling Is Poison.”
- 1937: Slot machines, known as one-arm bandits, are repealed.
- 1935: Jai alai and slot machines are legalized.
- 1931: Horse and dog racing is legalized to boost tourism by a single vote in the state Senate, overriding the veto of Gov. Carlton, who was reportedly offered $100,000 to sign the bill.
- 1930: Two men are arrested for an assassination attempt on Governor Doyle E. Carlton, allegedly for his opposition to gambling.
- 1868: A provision outlawing lotteries is added to the constitution.
- 1832: Council bans all forms of betting.
- 1828: The Territorial Council approves a $1,000 lottery to support Jacksonville’s Union Academy.
Recent Timeline of Florida Online Gambling Laws
The following timeline recaps some of the key moments in recent years in the saga of Florida’s online gambling situation.
- September 2022: Appeal of the deal with the Seminole Tribe is still in process with nothing expected to happen before the second half of 2023. No other major ballot initiatives are in the works as Floridians wait on the appeal process to play out.
- January 2022: No constitutional amendment will be available to Florida voters in November after 900,000 signatures on amendment backed by DraftKings and FanDuel were not collected in time.
- December 2021: The Hard Rock Sportsbook is shut down in Florida.
- November 2021: The Seminoles launch Hard Rock Sportsbook, an app to start taking online sports bets. Just three weeks later, a federal judge strikes down the compact for violating the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act. DeSantis and the Seminoles plan to appeal the ruling.
- July 2021: Concerned over the Seminoles getting the lion’s share of Florida’s new betting market, Magic City Casino and Bonita Springs Poker file a lawsuit alleging that the authorization of betting outside of tribal lands violates the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act.
- May 2021: Gov. Ron DeSantis strikes $2.5 billion compact gambling deal with Seminoles to legalize online betting in Florida. The bill passed 38-1 in the Florida Senate and was also approved by the Florida House of Representatives.
- 2018: The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 (PASPA), which effectively outlawed sports betting around the nation, was overturned by the Supreme Court for being unconstitutional and in conflict with the Tenth Amendment. From this, states were allowed to start the process of legalizing sports betting if they wish to.
Online Sports Gambling in Florida
Fun as it may be to use your favorite device to play poker, video slot machines, or table games, the real money and excitement in online gambling come with sports betting. The professional leagues realize this as well after several states have legalized sports betting in recent years. The NFL now has partnerships with major gambling companies such as FanDuel, DraftKings, and Caesars. Live game broadcasts are filled with commercials for these companies, and announcers and studio crews are no longer afraid to reference betting lines in their pre-game shows or even from the booth during the game.
Yet, the third-most populous state in the country cannot legally play online with any of these companies. Sure, you can join DraftKings and FanDuel to play Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS), but you better not try joining the Sportsbook app those same companies offer to wager on spreads, totals, and props. DFS is the weird gray area in the legal gambling spectrum in Florida currently. You can put money down that a player will have a good game for your DFS lineup, but you better not place a bet that player will hit his over props on a sportsbook.
This leaves online sports gambling in Florida in a confusing position, but the good news is residents have many alternatives to choose from thanks to offshore sportsbooks.
Advantages of Online Gambling Florida Sites
The state of Florida has seven tribal casinos that you can visit, as well as other land-based gambling establishments (card rooms and racinos), and even some nearby ports for cruises that will offer Vegas-style casino games at sea.
But when leaving the house is not an option, or you just want to play some online slots or bet on a basketball game, online gambling is the best choice for Florida players. Here are some of the advantages of taking your gambling online in Florida:
- No land-based gambling establishment in Florida is going to offer you the wagering variety of an online sportsbook, racebook, online casino gaming, table games, poker tables, and more like most of these offshore sites have
- Place legal sports bets on your favorite sports teams and enjoy a range of markets, including live bets, props, parlays, teasers, and so much more
- Play poker for real money in cash games and tournaments
- Enjoy huge deposit bonuses and other promotions that usually outdo anything a land-based casino offers
- Pay with a debit card, credit card, or bank wire, with no need to handle cash
- More variety in payment methods, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and other altcoins that won’t work in a casino
- Some sites offer demo versions of casino games that you can play for free for fun
- Save on gas money from not driving to a distant casino or land-based gambling establishment in the Sunshine State
- Protect yourself from illness as some casinos can get crowded with random people touching machines you are going to touch too, and may not have the hygiene standards you would hope
- Enjoy private gambling at your leisure at any time on your favorite device, and in your most comfortable clothes and preferred state of cleanliness
Is my financial info safe with an online gambling site in Florida?
The thought of sending personal and financial information to offshore casinos may worry you, but we can tell you there is nothing to fear. The sites on our list are safe, tested, and trustworthy options for your gambling needs. They also offer various deposit and withdrawal methods ranging from credit/debit cards, bank transfers, wire transfers, checks, P2P apps (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, etc.), eWallets, and cryptocurrencies. Most methods are going to come with a fee and could have vastly different process times for withdrawals, but all that important information is available on each company’s site.
Make Your Best Bets Online in Florida
Until the day comes when the legal process allows you to wager on sports in Florida, joining an offshore sportsbook is your best bet. There is no shortage of offshore sites to choose from for all your online gambling needs. Please refer to our reviews at the top of this guide for the 10 best options to join. No matter which one you ultimately choose, they should all provide a safe and fun gambling experience, and there is no law in Florida preventing you from joining and playing for real money on any of them.
So, have fun and remember to bet responsibly.
FAQs – Online Gambling in Florida
Due to Florida’s gambling laws, online options are very limited. For online casino gambling and online sports betting, Floridians have to rely on offshore gambling sites.
There are no locally-regulated online casino sites in the state of Florida, so you can not use DraftKings Casino. You can only use the site for Daily Fantasy Sports. Offshore sites accept Florida players and they offer a wide range of online casino games.
Florida does not yet have legal sports betting or online casino gambling, so players have to use offshore gambling sites. These sites accept players from all over the United States, though, and many offer an exciting casino welcome bonus to new players.
Bookmaker.eu is the top-rated gambling site available in Florida. This site offers a wide range of casino games, and it is one of the top sites for sports gambling and wagering on horse races. There is also a great deposit match bonus offer for new users.
You do not need to use a VPN to gamble online in Florida. Offshore sites may operate across international waters but they can still accept players from all over the United States with no restrictions.
Maverick Carter, LeBron James’ manager, admitted to making 20 illegal bets on the NBA with Wayne Nix, a former minor league pitcher. The extensive investigation uncovers connections between Nix and sports figures, with Carter clarifying his involvement and denying any charges. Yasiel Puig faces trial in January.
Nevada achieves a landmark, breaking $2 billion in sports betting revenue post-PASPA. October’s $68.1 million, the third-highest in history, underscores the state’s robust industry growth, positioning it among the top five states in adjusted gross revenues.
Explore the delay in mobile sports betting in North Carolina following the Super Bowl. Regulatory steps push the launch to post-Feb 11, 2024. The 10-year partnership between Hornets and bet365 adds anticipation, offering a glimpse into the future of digital sports betting in the Tar Heel State.
The Kenosha County-Monominee Tribe casino deal in Wisconsin is on hold till January 16. Board members, voting 13-7, seek more time for scrutiny, delaying the $80M revenue-sharing agreement. The proposed $360M casino complex awaits approval from the city, county, and regulatory bodies.