UFC Vegas 77 Hot Prospect Betting Pick
We’re back again with another hot prospect betting pick. The UFC returns to Nevada for a Fight Night event filled with prosperous talent, and we’ve located the ideal wager.
Continue reading for our UFC Vegas 77 betting guide and best bets, taking a first look at Norma Dumont and her opponent, Chelsea Chandler.
UFC Vegas 77 Information
- Date & Time: Saturday, July. 15, 2023 – 07:00 PM EDT
- Location: UFC Apex, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Scheduled Fights: 13
- Main Event: Holly Holm vs. Mayra Bueno Silva (UFC Women’s Bantamweight Bout)
UFC Vegas 77 Hot Prospect Profile: Norma “The Immortal” Dumont
- Pro MMA Record: 9-2-0 (2 submissions, 2 decisions)
- UFC Record: 5-2 (5 decisions)
Since the retirement of two-division champion Amanda Nunes, the heaviest weight class from the female divisions is in question. As speculation regarding the future of the women’s featherweight division continues, one of the most successful competitors at 145 lbs, Norma Dumont, returns to the octagon this weekend.
The 145 lb women’s division is ultra-thin, with a mere 10 competitors currently signed by the UFC. However, Dumont, who’s 5-2 since joining the UFC, could undoubtedly be a viable replacement for her compatriot, Nunes, should she obtain a convincing performance against the 5-0, undefeated Chelsea Chandler.
Dumont stems from a jiu-jitsu background and has practiced the Brazilian grappling discipline for 19 years. In addition to her grappling skillset, she’s well-versed on the feet and is a six-time Sanda State champion and National champion of the Chinese variation of kickboxing.
After seven years competing as a professional mixed martial artist, an undefeated record on the MMA regional scene led Dumont to a 5-2 UFC record that she’s obtained over the past three years. She’s physically strong, overpowers most opponents, and has often utilized her grappling prowess to bully and defeat the likes of Felicia Spencer, Aspen Ladd, and, most recently, Karol Rosa.
Dumont vs. Chandler: The Fight Tape
Every fight starts on the feet, and you’ll notice Dumont’s tendency to lay and prey. She loves to counterstrike and will string together combinations through this approach. As the aggressor, it’s mainly single strikes thrown as she waits for her opposition to leave openings.
Dumont’s striking volume isn’t reliable, particularly the counterstriking moments that fail to present themselves. However, her weekend opponent, Chelsea Chandler, loves to put pressure on, and this could fall perfectly into the Brazilian’s style.
Chandler is unbeaten in four consecutive bouts as a professional with a 5-1 record. With that said, there’s a huge red flag because she’s severely inexperienced and regularly relies on her ability to over-power and bully her opponents – an area where Dumont is likely to excel.
The last time Dumont was presented with an inexperienced fighter was Danyelle Wolf, and she beat the breaks of her for 15 straight minutes. The key difference is that she isn’t a -400 favorite; we’re receiving some incredible value.
UFC Vegas 77 Hot Prospect Best Bet
The UFC odds available at the top US sportsbooks provide value on Dumont at -145, and shockingly opened her up as the betting underdog. Congratulations to those who nabbed that number, but even though the line has corrected itself, there’s value up until -250, in my humble opinion.
Whether it’s ground dominance or counterstriking volume, I envision Dumont winning this contest wherever the fight occurs.
UFC Pick: Norma Dumont -145 at Bookmaker [1.45u to win 1u]
UFC Vegas 77 Main Card & Odds
- Holly Holm vs. Mayra Bueno Silva [UFC women’s bantamweight main event bout]
- Albert Duraev vs. Jun Yong Park [UFC co-main middleweight bout]
- Jack Della Maddalena vs. Bassil Hafez [UFC co-main welterweight bout]
- Norma Dumont vs. Chelsea Chandler [UFC women’s featherweight bout]
- Ottman Azaitar vs. Francisco Prado [UFC lightweight bout]
- Terrance McKinney vs. Nazim Sadykhov [UFC lightweight bout]
UFC Vegas 77 Preliminary Card & Odds
- Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Ailin Perez [UFC women’s bantamweight bout]
- Tyson Nam vs. Azat Maksum [UFC flyweight bout]
- Carl Deaton III vs. Alex Munoz [UFC lightweight bout]
- Genaro Valdez vs. Evan Elder [UFC lightweight bout]
- Istela Nunes vs. Viktoriya Dudakova [UFC women’s strawweight bout]
- Austin Lingo vs. Melquizael Costa [UFC featherweight bout]
- Tucker Lutz vs. Melsik Baghdasaryan [UFC featherweight bout]
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.