UFC Vegas 74 Hot Prospect of the Week: An OG-Prospect Turned Veteran Will Showcase His Experience

profile image of David Manyun
Alex Caceres in the cage during his featherweight bout at UFC 199. Jayne Kamin-Oncea/Getty Images/AFP

UFC Vegas 74 Hot Prospect Betting Pick

Alex Caceres -180 at Heritage Sports (visit our Heritage Sports Review)

Heritage Sports logo
Alex Caceres -180
Visit Site

This weekend’s Fight Night is filled with prospects, but our hot prospect betting pick of the week will focus on a savvy veteran. As the UFC returns to Nevada for its Vegas 74 card this Saturday, join us and discover the ideal wagering opportunity we’ve found.

Continue reading for our UFC Vegas 74 betting guide and best bets, taking a look at the best UFC odds as Alex Caceres faces his opponent, Daniel Pineda.

UFC Vegas 74 Information

  • Date & Time: Saturday, June. 3, 2023 – 10:00 PM EDT
  • Location: UFC Apex, Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Scheduled Fights: 13
  • Main Event: Kai Kara-France vs. Amir Albazi

UFC Vegas 74 Hot Prospect: Alex “Bruce Leeroy” Caceres

  • Pro MMA Record: 20-13-0 (4 KO/TKO, 7 submissions, 9 decisions)
  • UFC Record: 15-11 (2 KO/TKO, 4 submissions, 9 decisions)

Alex Caceres’s professional MMA career has been a tumultuous journey. Aged just 23, he was appointed to the UFC roster with a 5-2 record. Fast forward twelve years and 33 pro bouts, Caceres has maintained his place on the roster and fought some of the world’s greatest bantamweight and featherweight talents while collecting an elite level of experience.

Caceres went from a boy to a man as a UFC competitor, and there’s no experience outside of the company that could’ve gifted him with such a learning curve. He suffered multiple ups and downs during the initial eight years of his career. Still, since 2018, he’s strung a 7-2 record, positioned himself in the top 15 featherweight rankings, and has undoubtedly entered his prime fighting years.

On Saturday night, we’ll see Caceres enter the first co-main event spot of his career versus Pineda, and rightfully so. He’s previously fought in one main event, but for a competitor gifted zero shortcuts during his 13-year UFC stint, it’s a pleasure to watch him rise.

Alex Caceres vs. Daniel Pineda: The Fight Tape

It could be argued that Daniel Pineda, 37, is beyond his prime fighting years. And although he presents a professional MMA record with a similar number of fights to Caceres, the experience garnered wasn’t at the same level.

Pineda is the opposite of a decision. A strong Brazilian jiu-jitsu background has seen him collect 68% of his career wins via submission and the other 32% via TKO/KO. In the five bouts that have gone the distance, he’s lost all five.

Caceres owns the veteran mentality and durability to tame the early onslaught we often see from Pineda. The crucial moments will arrive once Pineda’s cardio crashes, and the betting favorite can flourish with the greater gas tank and more diverse skill set.

I expect Caceres to own a kickboxing advantage on the feet, particularly at a distance. He’s too smart to engage in a phone box brawl, has the BJJ and wrestling defense to overcome the incoming grappling attacks, and should this fight go the distance, we know Pineda doesn’t stand much of a chance as the significantly weaker point fighter.

UFC Vegas 74 Hot Prospect Best Bet

The available UFC odds at the top US sportsbooks have Caceres as the betting favorite, and I wouldn’t be surprised to witness the line drifting into the -200s by fight night. In a skill-for-skill breakdown, Pineda losses, and outside of a fast finish, he’s struggled to win the long game, whereas “Bruce Leeroy” has excelled in these positions.

UFC Pick: Alex Caceres -180 at Heritage Sports [1.80u to win 1u]

UFC Vegas 74 Main Card & Odds

UFC Vegas 74 Preliminary Card & Odds

*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.