Our Top Betting Pick for UFC Singapore
Singapore is the destination as the UFC returns to international waters with top contending featherweight competitors exchanging leather for the evening’s main event, and we’re covering all your betting needs.
Former featherweight king Max Holloway is one of the promotion’s most lethal strikers, but he’ll have to overcome a fellow octagon war monger in “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung.
Read on for our complete betting guide with an early preview of the UFC Singapore main event clash between Holloway and The Korean Zombie, including updated odds and our free expert UFC picks.
Holloway vs. The Korean Zombie Key Facts
- Holloway has gone the distance in 8 consecutive UFC bouts (5 Rounds).
- The Korean Zombie has gone the distance in 2 of his last 3 UFC bouts.
- 50% of Holloway’s pro-MMA career wins were by decision.
- 86% of Holloway’s pro-MMA career losses were by decision.
UFC Singapore Information
- When: Saturday, Aug. 26, 2023 – 05:00 AM EDT
- Where: Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore
- Scheduled Bouts: 13
- Main Event: Max Holloway vs. “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung
- Moneyline Probability: Holloway – 88.9% (-800) Zombie – 15.4% (+550)
UFC Singapore Holloway vs. Zombie: Tale of the Tape
Max “Blessed” Holloway
Eleven years and 27 fights later, 31-year-old Max Holloway has accomplished what most fighters can only dream of. He’s broken countless promotional records, won and successfully defended the 145 lb strap on multiple occasions, and has made a name for himself that is synonymous with octagon entertainment.
As a featherweight, only one man – the current champ Alexander Volkanovski – has been able to overcome Holloway's unstoppable cardio and high striking output. Unfortunately, a 0-3 trilogy with the current titleholder leaves him as a top-ranked competitor unable to challenge for the belt again.
Holloway Combat Sports Accomplishments
- UFC Featherweight Champion (One time, former, three defenses)
- Interim Featherweight Champion (One time)
- Longest win streak in UFC Featherweight division (13)
- UFC Fight of the Night (Five times)
- Most wins in UFC Featherweight division history (19)
UFC Pick: Max Holloway -800 at BetOnline
The Korean Zombie
Chan Sung Jung, better known as “The Korean Zombie,” is built on stuff legends are made of. Despite a conservative 7-4 UFC record – due to Korean military service – he’s a well-respected featherweight with a resume dating back to 2011.
He finally received a championship opportunity last time out, but Volkanovski was too much to handle. At the age of 36, the prime fighting years of the Zombie have passed him, but it’s a guarantee that he’ll bring violence to the octagon each and every time.
Chan Sung Jung Combat Sports Accomplishments
- UFC Performance of the Night (Three times)
- UFC Fight of the Night (Two times)
- Fastest finish in UFC Featherweight division history (0.07 secs)
UFC Pick: Chan Sung Jung ML+550 at BetOnline
UFC Singapore Skillset Analysis: Styles Make Fights
Both fighters in this weekend’s main event are capable in all facets of mixed martial arts, but don’t expect this one to hit the ground! We should anticipate a five-round slugfest, and with that said, it’s hard to deny Holloway of getting his hand raised.
Cardio, durability, and striking volume have been the story of Holloway’s career. He owns records for the highest striking differential in UFC history; he’s fought in 8 consecutive five-round contests that have gone the distance and have never been stopped via KO/TKO in 27 UFC bouts to date.
The Korean Zombie will present a KO threat, as he does in all bouts. However, strike-for-strike, he’ll surrender speed and technical advantages to the former featherweight king. Zombie cannot compete with Holloway’s conditioning, and with top-tier takedown defense and durability, the knockout and submission potential for the Korean underdog is incredibly low.
Fight Goes the Distance/Yes: UFC Singapore Best Bet Formula
The UFC odds have placed Holloway as a massive -800 favorite, and when you evaluate past matchups, it’s difficult to argue the line.
That said, we aren’t going to wager 8u to win 1u, so we’re forced to look elsewhere. Holloway has never been known for his punching power, and even in his KO/TKO losses, the Korean Zombie never fades early.
Holloway has gone the distance in 8 consecutive UFC featherweight bouts, and we expect his durability to continue this trend while Sung Jung displays a willingness and grit to stay in the fight as he has done in 2 of his last 3.
UFC Pick: Fight Goes the Distance/Yes +140 at BetOnline [1u to win 1.40u]
UFC Singapore Main Card & Odds
- Max Holloway vs. Chan Sung Jung "The Korean Zombie" [UFC featherweight main event bout]
- Anthony Smith vs. Ryan Spann [UFC co-main light heavyweight bout]
- Giga Chikadze vs. Alex Caceres [UFC featherweight bout]
- Rinya Nakamura vs. Fernie Garcia [UFC bantamweight bout]
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Taila Santos [UFC women’s flyweight bout]
- Junior Tafa vs. Parker Porter [UFC heavyweight bout]
UFC Singapore Preliminary Card & Odds
- Waldo Cortes-Acosta vs. Lukasz Brzeski [UFC heavyweight bout]
- Toshiomi Kazama vs. Garrett Armfield [UFC featherweight bout]
- Chidi Njokuani vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk [UFC middleweight bout]
- Song Kenan vs. Rolando Bedoya [UFC welterweight bout]
- Yusaku Kinoshita vs. Billy Goff [UFC welterweight bout]
- Na Liang vs. J.J. Aldrich [UFC women’s flyweight bout]
- Seung Woo Choi vs. Jarno Errens [UFC featherweight bout]
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.