The Dallas Mavericks look to stay alive in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals against the Golden State Warriors this Thursday evening.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Golden State Warriors
Thursday, May 26, 2022 – 09:00 PM EDT at Chase Center
Mavericks vs. Warriors: What You Should Know
- The Warriors are a 6.5-point favorite after losing Game 4 in Dallas.
- The Mavericks shot a series-best 50% from the field in Game 4.
- Dallas is the second team in NBA history to shoot at least 43 threes in four straight playoff games.
- The Warriors have had plenty of success on easier shots this series.
NBA Prop Bet: Stephen Curry and Luka Doncic
The superstars have not disappointed in this series, and Game 5 should be an opportunity for both Steph Curry and Luka Doncic to shine again. Using Bovada’s prop builder, there is a parlay pick with +287 odds for Curry to score 30 points and Doncic to score 35 points.
- Curry is coming off a series-low 20 points, but he has had two 30-point games in this series.
- Five of his seven 30-point games this postseason have come at home, and the Warriors are still waiting for a big game from Klay Thompson, so it has been a lot of Curry in this series.
- He should be able to get to 30 points again in hopes of ending the series.
- Doncic had that brutal Game 1 but has been at 30 or 40 points in the last three games.
- In his career, he has scored at least 30 points in all his playoff games when facing elimination.
- Doncic did not shoot great in Game 4, but he got help from his teammates.
- This help is not expected to carry over on the road in Game 5, so look for Doncic to aggressively score in bunches again and hit his over for scoring.
NBA Prop Pick: Stephen Curry 30+ Points and Luka Doncic 35+ Points (+287) at Bovada
NBA Prop Bet: Klay Thompson
Klay Thompson is only averaging 15.3 points per game this series as he has not been at the top of his game. Thompson has never had a playoff series in his career that lasted more than four games where he did not register at least one 20-point game.
This season, Thompson has shot 44.4% at home and averaged 21.9 points per game. On the road, he has shot 40.9% and averaged 18.4 points per game. We are a game early for “Game 6 Klay”, but he should be looking to improve on a postseason-low 12 points from Tuesday night.
The last time Thompson scored 12 points this postseason was in a loss in Memphis. He came back the next game and scored 21 points while the Warriors won in blowout fashion. The Warriors are shooting their fewest threes in games this season against the Mavericks, so let’s ignore the three-point props and go with Thompson to hit his over in points.
NBA Prop Pick: Klay Thompson Over 18.5 Points (-120) at Bovada
NBA Prop Bet: Andrew Wiggins
If the Warriors win it all this year, one of the highlight plays will be Andrew Wiggins’ dunk over Luka Doncic in Game 3 of this series. It capped off Wiggins’ best playoff game with 27 points and 11 rebounds. But Wiggins was quieter in Game 4 with a series-low 13 points.
Wiggins is another player who tends to excel more at home for Golden State. In home games this year, he is shooting 42.4% from three compared to 36.1% on the road. Wiggins has six playoff games with multiple made threes this season and all but one of those games were at home. Wiggins has three playoff games with three made threes, and two of those games were against Dallas at home.
At these NBA odds, it is hard to pass up on Wiggins delivering at home once again and making at least two threes as the Warriors look to move on to the NBA Finals.
NBA Prop Pick: Andrew Wiggins Over 1.5 Three-Point Field Goals Made (-109) at Bovada
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.