UFC Vegas 71 Hot Prospect Betting Pick
UFC Pick: Vitor Petrino ML (+101) at BetOnline (visit our BetOnline Review)
The UFC returns to Vegas for another UFC Fight Night event in The Theater at Virgin Hotels arena.
Swedish prospect Anton Turkalj will return to the octagon and attempt to avenge his debut loss against Jailton Almeida last year.
However, he’ll face another Brazilian force in Vitor Petrino, who wants to make his own name known.
Continue reading for our UFC Vegas 71 betting guide and our top UFC picks, taking a closer look at the undefeated 7-0 knockout artist Vitor Petrino and his opponent, Anton Turkalj.
Out of state? No problem. Check out the best US betting sites available in order to make secure wagers in your own home state.
UFC Vegas 71 Information
- Date & Time: Saturday, March 11, 2023 – 03:00 PM EST
- Location: The Theater at Virgin Hotels
- Scheduled Fights: 14
- Main Event: Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili (UFC Bantamweight Bout)
Vitor Petrino Moneyline (+101) Reasoning
Behind a 7-0 professional MMA record is a fighter in Vitor Petrino, who's obtained six of those wins via TKO/KO – with four in the first round. He's technical and explosive, with a striking offense we can bank on.
He could surrender a grappling disadvantage, but for clarity, his opponent's wrestling offense hasn't looked dominant enough to keep the KO artist, Petrino, from having his way in a stand-up war.
UFC Vegas 71 Hot Prospect Profile
- Pro MMA Record: 7-0 (6 KO, 1 decision)
- UFC Record: 0-0, debut
Many fighters come and go, but only a select few show signs of potential greatness, and Brazil's Vitor Petrino could undoubtedly fall into the latter of the two.
The 25-year-old training out of CM System in Curitiba, Brazil, has displayed a touch of death – similar to Alex Pereira – since competing as a professional mixed martial artist. The only loss of his fighting career arrived during his second amateur bout, but a 3-1 record as an amateur with three knockouts wasn't the worst beginning.
Petrino dominated the Brazilian regional scene during his amateur and professional tenure, most notably defeating Rodolfo Bellato – another highly touted LHW prospect – on two occasions, as both victories were obtained via KO/TKO.
Seven professional fights into his career, Petrino has stopped all but one opponent via KO/TKO, and five of those bouts ended in round one.
Vitor Petrino vs. Anton Turkalj: The Fight Tape
When evaluating the UFC Vegas 71 odds, it was initially surprising to see underdog money on the Brazilian. After further inspection, the consensus is that Anton Turkalj will utilize a grappling game plan and drag Petrino into the later rounds – an area of the game he's unused to.
He may enter the octagon with a grappling disadvantage against Turkalj, but the Swedish fighter's wrestling offense hasn't been as impressive as some may believe.
Speaking of advantages, the biggest discrepancy between these fighters will be the striking skillset Petrino will own over Turkalj. Smooth striking combinations, excellent faints and counters, and the brute power of Petrino have stopped fights in the first and round two.
Petrino Moneyline (+101): UFC Vegas 71 Hot Prospect Best Bet
The available UFC odds at Bookmakers Review are excellently priced for our anticipated outcome. Petrino at plus-money? Yes, please.
While the money has come in on Turkalj, I wouldn't be surprised to see this line flip before fight night.
As previously mentioned, the power of Petrino is scary, and he puts his striking offense together technically; there are no wild and swinging shots, so we know our money is in good hands – literally.
UFC Pick: Vitor Petrino ML (+101) [1u to win 1.01u] at BetOnline
UFC Vegas 71 Main Card & Odds
- Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili [UFC Bantamweight Main Event Bout]
- Alexander Volkov vs. Alexander Romanov [UFC Heavyweight Co-Main Event]
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann [UFC Catchweight Bout]
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Austin Lingo [UFC Featherweight Bout]
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Jonathan Martinez [UFC Bantamweight Bout]
- Vitor Petrino vs. Anton Turkalj [UFC Light Heavyweight Bout]
UFC Vegas 71 Preliminary Card & Odds
- Karl Williams vs. Lukasz Brzeski [UFC Heavyweight Bout]
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Davey Grant [UFC Bantamweight Bout]
- Sedriques Dumas vs. Josh Fremd [UFC Middleweight Bout]
- Mario Bautista vs. Guido Cannetti [UFC Bantamweight bout]
- Ariane Lipski vs. JJ Aldrich [UFC Women’s Flyweight Bout]
- Victor Henry vs, Tony Gravely [UFC Bantamweight Bout]
- Tyson Nam vs. Bruno Silva [UFC Flyweight Bout]
- Carlston Harris vs. Jared Gooden [UFC Welterweight Bout]
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.