The UFC is back to business on December 3, 2022, and we’re preparing our UFC picks for this Saturday’s stacked fight night card.
The event is headlined by welterweight standouts Stephen “Wonderboy” Holland and Kevin Holland. UFC odds are now available for us to dive into some perfect prop betting picks.
Darren Elkins vs. Jonathan Pearce
UFC Orlando Featherweight Bout
Saturday, December 3, 2022 – 08:45 PM EST at the Amway Center
Jonathan Pearce (13-4-0) has a rough beginning to his UFC career when suffering a first-round TKO loss to a veteran in Joe Lauzon. However, the Fight Ready MMA prospect has since proved his worth as a featherweight contender to watch out for.
This weekend, Pearce will have the opportunity to avenge his debut loss to a veteran when he faces another UFC long-stay in Darren Elkins. Behind a four-fight win streak, with three of those contests ending inside the distance, confidence and trajectory undoubtedly favor him.
Darren Elkins (27-10-0) has been through the wringer since joining the promotion, but the most notable aspect of his UFC career is the accumulative damage he’s taken thus far. Aged 38, he’s no spring chicken, and we saw how easily Cub Swanson dismantled him in two minutes.
Elkins vs. Pearce Fight Breakdown
Most competitors with a respectable grappling offense/defense will overcome any game plan that Darren Elkins can conjure up. It just so happens that Pearce can hang in the wrestling department, and another stoppage victory for the younger fighter is likely.
With that said, both of these fighters love a rear naked choke finish, and it wouldn’t be surprising if this submission is how this contest ends, with either fighter having their hand raised.
Pick & Prediction
The UFC odds with Bookmaker Review show value in under 2.5 rounds at -130, a price we should respect when looking at the high finishing rate of the fights these men are involved in.
Francis Marshall vs. Marcelo Rojo
UFC Orlando Bantamweight Bout
Saturday, December 3, 2022 - 07:30 PM EST at the Amway Center
Following an impressive Dana White’s Contender Series win earlier this year, Francis Marshall (6-0-0) will make his anticipated debut in Orlando with the hopes of making an immediate impact in the 135 lb weight class.
34-year-old Marcelo Rojo (16-8-0) is on the brink of losing his position as a UFC roster member following back-to-back defeats since his arrival to the promotion in 2021.
Marshall vs. Rojo Fight Breakdown
Interestingly, Rojo has suffered countless defeats via submission during his professional MMA career. He’ll now be faced with a youthful prospect hungry to extend an impressive submission-win record. Where Rojo has faltered in grappling, he’s excelled in striking with eight finished via TKO/KO.
In all honesty, this bout isn’t simple to pick a side. However, with Rojo’s eagerness to avoid being cut, I believe we’ll witness him stop the newcomer early or over-exert himself and get caught in a submission finish.
Pick & Prediction
The UFC odds with Bookmaker Review show value in under 2.5 rounds, especially when we consider Marshall has only seen the judge's scorecards once in his career, and Rojo hasn’t gone the distance since 2016.
UFC Pick: Under 2.5 rounds (+149) [1u returns 1.49u profit] at BetOnline
UFC Orlando Main Card & Odds
- Stephen Thompson vs. Kevin Holland [UFC welterweight main event bout]
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Bryan Barberena [UFC welterweight co-main event bout]
- Matheus Nicolau vs. Matt Schnell [UFC flyweight bout]
- Tai Tuivasa vs. Sergei Pavlovic [UFC heavyweight bout]
- Jack Hermansson vs. Roman Dolidze [UFC middleweight bout]
- Eryk Anders vs. Kyle Daukaus [UFC middleweight heavyweight bout]
UFC Orlando Preliminary Card & Odds
- Niko Price vs. Phillip Rowe [UFC welterweight bout]
- Angela Hill vs. Emily Ducote [UFC women’s strawweight bout]
- Clay Guida vs. Scott Holtzman [UFC lightweight bout]
- Michael Johnson vs. Marc Diakiese [UFC lightweight bout]
- Darren Elkins Jr. vs. Jonathan Pearce [UFC featherweight bout]
- Tracy Cortez vs. Amanda Ribas [UFC women’s flyweight bout]
- Natan Levy vs. Genaro Valdez [UFC lightweight bout]
- Francis Marshall vs. Marcelo Rojo [UFC bantamweight bout]
- Yazmin Jauregui vs. Istela Nunes [UFC women’s strawweight bout]
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.