The UFC returned to the Apex Centre in Las Vegas with another night filled with mixed martial arts goodness. Please continue reading for our UFC in Vegas 37 recap, including the biggest upsets, Fight of the Night, UFC in Vegas 37 performance bonuses, and a complete list of results and winning UFC odds.
UFC in Vegas 37 Results and Odds
- Anthony Smith def. Ryan Spann via RNC submission (3:47 of Round 1)
- Ion Cutelaba def. Devin Clark via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-26, 29-27)
- Ariane Lipski def. Mandy Bohm via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Arman Tsarukyan def Christos Giagos via TKO (2:09 of Round 1)
- Joaquin Buckley def. Antonio Arroyo via TKO (2:26 of Round 3)
- Nathan Maness def. Tony Gravely via TKO (2:10 of Round 2)
- Tafon Nchukwi def. Mike Rodriguez via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Raquel Pennington def. Pannie Kianzad via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Rong Zhu def. Brandon Jenkins via TKO (4:35 of Round 3)
- Montel Jackson def. JP Buys via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Erin Blanchfield def. Sarah Alpar via unanimous decision (30-25 x2, 30-26)
- Carlston Harris def. Impa Kasanganay via TKO (2:38 of Round 1)
- Gustavo Lopez vs. Heili Alateng – unanimous draw (28-28 x3)
- Hannah Goldy def. Emily Whitmire via armbar submission (4:17 of Round 1)
UFC in Vegas 37 Winners Opening and Closing Moneyline Odds
- Anthony Smith opening odds of -160 gained little value by fight night, closing at -154 with BetOnline (visit our BetOnline Review)
- Ion Cutelaba opening odds of -105 closed with a drop in price at -160 with Bovada.
- Ariane Lipski opening odds of +100 were slightly juiced and finished at -130 by fight night with BetOnline.
- Arman Tsarukyan opening odds of -300 were pounced on, closing at -850 with BetOnline.
- Joaquin Buckley -190 opening price lingered around the same number, closing at -194 with BookMaker (visit our BookMaker Review)
- Nathan Maness +190 took some action, eventually closing at +170 with BookMaker
- Tafon Nchukwi, with odds of -110, became a more significant favorite when closing around -124 with BetOnline
- Raquel Pennington opened at -115 moved in the correct direction to -133 with Bovada (visit our Bovada Review)
- Rong Zhu -200 lost value quickly and closed at -240 with BetOnline.
- Montel Jackson -600 remained a heavy favorite and closed at -665 with BetOnline.
- Erin Blanchfield -180 took heavy betting action and closed at -430 with BetOnline.
- Carlston Harris +130 lost his opening value and closed at +100 with BetOnline.
- Hannah Goldy +155 underdog price dropped and closed at +104 with BetOnline.
Anthony “Lionheart” Smith Proved His Worth at UFC in Vegas 37
An emotional Anthony Smith took to the microphone following his first-round submission win over Ryan Spann to express anger towards those who’ve been critical of his fighting skills. A moment that was out of character but undoubtedly deserving for the former light heavyweight title challenger who’s now riding a 3-fight win streak.
Smith’s performance was almost perfect, outclassing his opponent both on the feet and on the ground. After multiple knockdowns, Smith sunk in a breathtaking rear-naked choke in the closing moments of round one to take a dominating victory.
Four Performance of the Night Bonuses from Seven Fallen Bodies
Besides Anthony Smiths’ main event bonus winning efforts, three additional Performance of the Night bonuses were awarded. Tough choices had to be made on the night because fourteen fights were ended by KO/TKO or submission seven of the events.
Joaquin Buckley’s vicious uppercut was probably the most notable, as “New Mansa” added yet another highlight-reel performance with the disposal of Antonio Arroyo.
Carlston Harris’ impressive knockout and Hannah Goldy’s round one armbar were the other bonuses winning performances on the night. It was an entertaining evening of fights as we head into a huge UFC pay-per-view this coming weekend.
The UFC open their doors at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday 25th, with UFC 266 providing countless high-profile fights, including two championship contests. Most notably, the long-awaited return of Nick Diaz will deliver a rematch with Robbie Lawler that’s been 15-years since their first history-making fight. In addition, both Alexander Volkanovski and Valentina Shevchenko will be defending their UFC championships in the main and co-main event bouts.
UFC 266 Main Card Schedule
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega [UFC featherweight championship main event bout]
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Lauren Murphy [UFC women’s flyweight championship co-main event bout]
- Robbie Lawler vs. Nick Diaz [UFC middleweight bout]
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik [UFC heavyweight bout]
- Jessica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo [UFC women’s flyweight bout]