The UFC returned to the Apex Centre in Las Vegas with another night filled with incredible knockout and submission finishes. Please continue reading for our UFC in Vegas 36 recap, including the biggest upsets, Fight of the Night, UFC in Vegas 36 performance bonuses, and a complete list of results and BMR’S winning odds.
UFC in Vegas 36 Results and Odds
- Derek Brunson def. Darren Till via RNC submission (2:13 of Round 3)
- Tom Aspinall def. Sergey Spivak via TKO (2:30 of Round 1)
- Alex Morono def. David Zawada via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Khalil Rountree def Modestas Bukauskas via TKO (2:30 of Round 2)
- Paddy Pimblett def. Luigi Vendramini via TKO (4:25 of Round 1)
- Molly McCann def. Ji Yeon Kim via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Jack Shore def. Liudvik Sholinian via split decision (27-28, 28-27 x2)
- Julian Erosa def. Charles Jourdain via D’Arce submission (2:56 of Round 3)
- Marc-Andre Barriault def. Dalcha Lungiambula via unanimous decision (29-28 x2, 30-27)
UFC in Vegas 36 Winners Opening and Closing Moneyline Odds
- Derek Brunson opening odds of +115 gained value by fight night, closing at +134 with BetOnline (visit our BetOnline Review).
- Tom Aspinall opening odds of -300 closed with a slight drop in price at -250, with Bovada (visit our Bovada Review).
- Alex Morono opening odds of -205 were disrespected and finished at -128 by fight night with BetOnline..
- Khalil Rountree opening odds of -150 were overlooked, closing at +133 with BetOnline.
- Paddy Pimblett -184 opening price wasn’t tempting for bettors, closing at -156 with BookMaker (visit our BookMaker Review).
- Molly McCann +165 was pounced on, eventually moving to -115 with BookMaker.
- Jack Shore, with odds of -285, became the biggest favourite when closing around -634 with BetOnline.
- Julian Erosa opened at -170 moved in the correct direction to -192 with Bovada.
- Marc-Andre Barriault -125 lost value and closed at -165 with BetOnline.
Derek Brunson Cashes at Plus Money for a Third Consecutive Time
Doubting Derek Brunson’s fighting abilities hasn’t fared well for MMA bettors; this weekend marked his fifth consecutive win and the fourth time continuously that he’d cashed as the betting underdog. Brunson’s wrestling ability and ground control was in top form; securing multiple takedowns over the English native Darren Till assisted him in securing a third-round rear-naked choke finish.
Brunson’s ranking will be boosted into a desirable position, and this past weekends victory should almost guarantee him a second chance at middleweight gold. Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker 2 could certainly deliver Derek Brunson his next opponent.
Paddy The Baddy Makes an Emphatic Debut
Following a hysteria and hype stemming from Liverpool, England, Paddy “The Baddy” Pimblett made his UFC debut in style. After overcoming early adversity when almost getting dropped by Luigi Vendramini, Paddy continued firing shots, and the pressure was too much for his opponent to handle. A first-round technical knockout stoppage was gifted with a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus.
The other Performance of the Night bonus went to a fellow countryman of Paddy, heavyweight prospect Tom Aspinall, who steamed through Sergey Spivak with a brutal first-round finish via strikes. But it was Paddy’s teammate, Molly “Meatball” McCann and her opponent Ji Yeon Kim who stole the Fight of the Night $50k bonus. Both ladies went to war and put on a show, with a unanimous decision ultimately falling in favour of McCann.
This week the UFC and their production team will take a breather, but next week (September 18th), we’ll head back to the Apex Centre for another stacked card full of mixed martial arts goodness. Light heavyweight contenders Anthony “Lionheart” Smith will clash against Ryan “Superman” Spann in a battle of top-10 ranking supremacy.
UFC in Vegas 37 Main Card Schedule
- Anthony Smith vs. Ryan Spann [UFC light heavyweight main event bout]
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Devin Clark [UFC light heavyweight co-main event bout]
- Jim Miller vs. Nikolas Motta [UFC light heavyweight bout]
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Antonio Arroyo [UFC middleweight bout]
- Christos Giagos vs. Arman Tsarukyan [UFC lightweight bout]
- Mandy Bohm vs. Ariane Lipski [UFC women’s flyweight bout]
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.