The Chicago Sky look to win their fourth game in a row on Wednesday as they visit Washington DC for a game against the Mystics.
Keep reading as we’ll break down the betting odds and share a sharp winning betting pick!
Chicago Sky vs. Washington Mystics
Wednesday, June 08, 2022 – 08:00 PM EDT at Entertainment & Sports Arena
Mystics Beating the Odds
The Mystics have taken some money since these WNBA odds came out early this morning and they now sit as -2 ½ favorites after opening at -1 ½.
A big reason for this is the return of Elena Delle Donne, who sat out the Mystics’ last game due to rest.
Delle Donne in Offseason
Delle Donne is only three months shy of her 33rd birthday so at this point in her career and with the miles (literal and figurative) traveled by her body over the course of a Hall of Fame career in the W, overseas, and in Team USA, these regular rests days are going to become more frequent and more needed.
Plus, as most of you probably know by now, the WNBA is the offseason for most of these women, so a player like Delle Donne is going to take these early regular-season games with a lot of caution.
Mystics Roster Analysis
The Mystics are lucky to have the depth on their roster to make up for games when Delle Donne is out or resting.
- They have eight or nine other players capable of going for double figures every single night which makes them incredibly tough to plan for or guard.
- Among their players who have appeared in at least half of their games, the Mystics have seven players who are averaging double figures in points per 30 minutes.
The Sky also has a very balanced roster. They currently have five players averaging double figures in scoring per game and another two players who are within a point per game of that mark.
Sky Roster Analysis
The Chicago frontcourt has been especially dangerous this season.
- Candace Parker, we know about, but newly signed Emma Meesseman playing against her former team should have a lot of extra juice tonight.
- Plus, after losing Stefanie Dolson to free agency after winning a title, Azura Stevens has broken out in a big way for the Sky this season.
- Against the likes of Delle Donne and the rest of the Mystics frontcourt, paint control will be a deciding factor in this game.
Sky vs. Mistics Betting Pick for Today
The sportsbooks have also seen some steam towards the full game over and while these two offenses are more than capable of getting into a shootout with one another, I think the first half will be a bit more contained defensively.
The Mystics play at the slowest pace in the WNBA pretty much across the board and at home only the Sun play slower than the Mystics.
The Sky plays pretty slow too, especially on the road. They may try to speed things up tonight in order to gain an edge early, but the Mystics’ defense early in games has been so good, that it might not be easy enough to do that if you’re the Sky.
Washington is one of only four teams holding their opponents to less than 90 points per 100 possessions in the first halves at home, so even the defending champs may find it hard to score early here.
Who to Bet On for Today's Matchup?
That and the pace is why I’m banking on the first half under once again. It paid off handsomely last night between the Dream and Storm, so I’m firing again at a play that isn’t quite as good of a value as that game but still holds good value.
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.