The Atlanta Dream are getting healthier for Tuesday’s game against Elena Delle Donne and the Washington Mystics, however, they are still three-possession underdogs in the WNBA Odds.
Atlanta Dream vs. Washington Mystics
Tuesday, June 28, 2022 – 07:00 PM EDT at Entertainment and Sports Arena
Atlanta Dream Highlights
The Dream has been struggling lately, to say the least. They have lost two in a row and six of their last seven games straight up after a hot start to the season.
After losing their last two at home, they start a small two-game road trip tonight with a trip to Washington, DC. While their recent seven-game slump can be explained, (more on that in a minute) their recent two-game losing streak has a lot to do with a lack of personnel.
Atlanta has been playing short-handed for the last week and change and that will be remedied tonight with Erica Wheeler and Kristy Wallace healthy enough to make it back this evening.
Not only that, but Kia Vaughn is also probable for Tuesday’s game after entering Health and Safety Protocols not long ago. This should really help the Dream’s depth.
Atlanta Dream Stats
- The Dream still owns the league’s best defensive rating, but not because of what they have done lately.
- Over the first 11 games of the season, the Dream defense allowed only 89.4 points per 100 possessions.
- Over their last seven games, the Dream has allowed a defensive rating of 104.3, which is nearly 15 more points allowed every 100 possessions on defense.
Washington Mystics Highlights
- Washington has been incredibly good defensively all season. They own the league’s fourth-best defense and in the first halves, they are second.
- Over their last 10 games, the Mystics are the league’s top first-half defense.
- In-home games this year, the Mystics join only the Seattle Storm in teams allowing less than 90 points per 100 possessions in-home first halves.
- The Mystics play very slow at home and that should drag the pace of this game down to a crawl.
Dream vs. Mystics Betting Analysis
The reinforcements will surely help the Dream on defense, but their offense has been a work in progress all season and I think that continues against a hot Mystics team.
Atlanta plays very fast out of necessity because of how inefficient their offense has been at times this season. They need more possessions to stay competitive in some of these games.
WNBA Betting Pick
While I’m not sure if it will make them a better spread play, I do think it will improve their defense and could open up some value in the total betting odds. It is the Dream’s potential defensive bounce-back that I like for the first half under tonight.
I doubt the Mystics allow them the privilege of dictating the pace. I see Washington dragging this game down to the half-court and wearing this Dream defense out early in the game. Hence why I like the first half under and not the full game for my betting picks.
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.