Below, we’ll break down the CFL odds of two of the top CFL matchups this week: The Montreal Alouettes vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and share two winning CFL picks! Let’s begin.
Montreal Alouettes vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders
Thursday, June 23, 2022 – 07:30 PM EDT at Molson Stadium
Montreal Alouettes Highlights
It’s been a very difficult start to the CFL 2022 season for the Montreal Alouettes who lost agonizingly 19-20 on Thursday’s road trip to the Toronto Argonauts after David Cote missed a last gasp 21-yard field goal attempt to win the tie.
- In CFL Week 1, the Alouettes were defeated by the Calgary Stampeders 27-30.
- Both matches were on the road so it will be a relief to have home-field advantage this coming week in Montreal.
- The Alouettes benched quarterback, Vernon Adams Jr. during the second quarter for veteran, Trevor Harris.
- A fourth-quarter rearguard action by the Alouettes was undoubtedly helped by Harris’s presence but spirits will be low after the missed field-goal attempt.
- Under pressure head coach will have a decision to make on who gets the nod between the two quarterbacks for CFL Week 3.
Saskatchewan Roughriders Highlights
It’s been a strong start to the CFL season for the Saskatchewan Roughriders who won on the road at the Edmonton Elks last week.
- A stiffer road test awaits the Roughriders this week
- Mitchell Picton scoring a fourth-quarter touchdown was the difference in Edmonton which has a dreadful home-field record in recent times. Quarterback Cody Fajardo was fulsome in his praise for Picton's contribution to the win.
- The Riders lost pivotal, center Dan Clark near the end of the fourth quarter with an injured ankle. Clark will be a big loss as he's hugely respected in the locker room.
- A propensity to give away too many penalties has been problematic for head coach, Craig Dickenson who will need to sort it out before it begins to undermine their good start to the season.
Alouettes vs. Roughriders Betting Analysis
The Montreal Alouettes will be desperate to get a win under their belt after last week’s disappointing loss in Toronto. Home-field advantage can only help, and Saskatchewan Roughriders are coming off a shorter week than their opponents.
The Alouettes may need all the help they can get this weekend and with Dan Clark missing there's plenty in Montreal's favor if they can keep the game tight.
With the spread at a field goal to the Roughriders, it’s a tough one to call. If I were to support the Roughriders, I would lean to the Moneyline rather than the spread.
Therefore, with tension high in Montreal a low-scoring game could be on the cards. I am looking to the under 45.5 points given this match looks too close to call and take the -110 available at BMR's top-rated books and betting sites amongst your best CFL bets.
CFL Week 3 Betting Pick
Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Friday, June 24, 2022 – 08:30 PM EDT at Investors Group Field
It's certainly been a difficult start to the CFL season for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats who have been put immediately on their hind legs with back-to-back defeats.
A first-half saw the Cats lead 24-0 at one juncture over the Calgary Stampeders only to be thwarted late in overtime 30-33. There was no indication of the second-half collapse that befell the Hamilton Tiger-Cats when they led 24-0 in the first half.
Head coach Orlondo Steinauer, admitted, that failing to close out victory is going to sting.
Hamilton quarterback, Dane Evans vowed to be better in CFL Week 2 after the Saskatchewan Roughriders took advantage of a fourth-quarter collapse in CFL Week 1, but it appears that lightning struck twice this week.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers Highlights
The last two Grey Cup finals have seen these teams, match up with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers coming away as the champions on both occasions. Will that dominance continue?
- An improved performance from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Friday saw them complete the double over the Ottowa Redblacks.
- The Blue Bombers' defense held firm against an Ottowa onslaught whose quarterback looked in fine form but somehow, they stopped him from making a touchdown play.
- Wide-receiver, Greg Ellingson showed his huge value to the team once again with seven receptions and a touchdown.
- Rookie receiver Dalton Schoen made three catches and nearly sixty yards and importantly made the game-clinching touchdown.
Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers Hamilton Betting Analysis
Team spirit at Hamilton will be tested to the max this week in Winnipeg after two fourth-quarter collapses in their opening two matches have cost them.
It looks like a good week for Winnipeg to further extend their Grey Cup dominance over the Tiger-Cats. Looking at the spread of an attractive -5, there is no need to look any further as I was expecting at least a touch-down difference between the two sides.
For your betting picks, take the Winnipeg Blue Bombers -5 (-108) amongst your best CFL bets this week.
CFL Week 3 Betting Pick
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.