After an impressive 5-2 win on the road, the Blues have now won back-to-back games to go 3-2 up on the Series.
Despite the Wild finishing ahead of the Blues in the regular season a defeat tonight would see them knocked out of the playoffs in round one.
It’s all on the line tonight so let’s jump right into our NHL playoff pick.
Minnesota Wild vs. St. Louis Blues
Thursday, May 12, 2022 – 09:30 PM EDT at Enterprise Center
Wild Players Need To Step Up
Minnesota has been relying too heavily on Kirill Kaprizov to keep them in this series, the 25-year-old has scored 7 goals and picked up 1 assist in the opening 5 games of the series.
That means Kaprizov has been involved in 8 of their 15 playoff goals.
Despite Kaprizov having had the most points on the team in the regular season with 108, Kevin Fiala did come up with 85, and Mats Zuccarello and Ryan Hartman managed 65+ points.
Join Now: $1,000 BMR 12-Week All Sports Challenge
Zuccarello and Hartman have only combined for 6 points in the first five games.
The Wild numbers have decreased in the playoffs having gone from 3.04 goals against to 3.4 against and goals per game are down to 3.0 from 3.7.
The wild have generated many high-scoring chances across the previous two games and have been unlucky to only score two goals in both games.
They had an xG of 5.38 goals across the previous two games.
Blues Keep Up Relentless Scoring
The Blues have put 10 goals past the Wild in the previous two games and on home ice looking to close out the series we can’t see their offensive output slowing down.
The Blues have also had a lot of goalscoring success on home ice against the Wild in the previous 10 games as they have averaged a very high 4.7 goals per game.
Check Out: BMR’s Sports Betting Forum
Defensively they have been incredible, lucky let’s say to keep this Wild offense to such low-scoring numbers, and the stats show that so we are expecting some regression defensively and believe another high-scoring game could be on the cards.
*Trends should never be your main source of information when it comes to making your betting picks, they are merely guidelines and mostly irrelevant information but nonetheless can be interesting to read.
- Minnesota is 3-12 in their last 15 games against St. Louis.
- The total has gone over in 9 of Minnesota's last 13 games against an opponent in the Western Conference.
- Minnesota is 4-2 in their last 6 games on the road.
St. Louis Blues
- The total has gone over in 7 of St. Louis' last 9 games.
- St. Louis is 8-1 in their last 9 games when playing at home against Minnesota.
- St. Louis is 14-5 in their last 19 games against an opponent in the Central Division.
What Are The Betting Odds and Current Lines?
- Moneyline: The sportsbooks are indecisive over the potential winner of this game and both teams are similar NHL odds with the Blues coming in at -115 and the Wild also minus money at -105, although +100 can be got at some of the top-rated sportsbooks.
- Total: Tonight’s total has been set at 6.0 with the overcoming in at -120 and the under at +105. Only the opening game of the series failed to see at least 6 goals.
- Puck Line: St Louis to cover the -1.5 PK line is currently +205 and the Wild to cover the same spread is +220.
It is unsure if Marc-André Fleury will get the start tonight or will the Wild go with backup Cam Talbot, he did average 2.45 goals against in the regular season and has yet to feature in the playoffs this season. Fluery has now allowed 8 goals in the previous two games.
BMR Betting Blogs: Improve Your Betting Strategy
With the strength of St Louis' offense and the fact they are on home ice, we feel the Wild could be in trouble no matter who starts in the net, not unless they have the game of their life or else the Wild win by a crazy scoreline like 6-5, etc.
Essentially, it’s going to be hard not seeing goals in this game, and although we believe the St Louis Blues will win this game 6-4, we are not bold enough to pick a side here as the Wild have yet to show us their true strength in this series and tonight could be the night.
Either way, we are liking goals and lots of them. Six of the previous 8 games between these teams saw over 6.5 goals.
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.