The Pittsburgh Penguins have had their woes when facing the Philadelphia Flyers in recent games, but can they set things right tonight with a win and edge their way closer to the top of the East division?
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Tuesday, May 04, 2021 – 07:00 PM EDT at Wells Fargo Center
Opening Line: -135 Pittsburgh Penguins
The battle for the top spot in the East division is tight, with just 4 points separating 1st to 4th. Although at this stage it looks like no team wants that top spot as the Penguins, Capitals and Islanders have all lost 2 of their last 4 games and most of those losses came as heavy favorites. The Boston Bruins however are the hot team right now and have won 4 of their last 4 games.
Looking at tonight’s matchup we have the 2nd place Penguins take on the 6th place Flyers, This is a heated rivalry, and you can tell as the Flyers are out of the playoffs, have nothing to play for, but yet gave it their all in the last few outings against the Penguins and have won 3 of the last 4 head to heads, including a 7-2 hammering just last night. You would have to think the Penguins are mad about that one, right?
With this being the final game of the season between these two teams, the Flyers would love nothing better than back 2 back wins and potentially playing a big part in the Penguins not winning the division.
|Pittsburgh Penguins||Philadelphia Flyers|
|Pittsburgh are 6-2 in their last 8 games.||The total has gone over in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games.|
|Pittsburgh are 1-4 in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia.||Philadelphia are 4-10 in their last 14 games at home.|
|Penguins are 4-0 in their last 4 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.||The total has gone over in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games against an opponent in the East conference.|
What Are the Betting Odds and Current Lines?
- The opening line for the Penguins started out at -135 but has since moved heavily into -170, most likely because the -135 was being pounded following their loss last night to the same team.
- The Flyers on the moneyline opened up at +120 but is currently best available right now with Intertops at +150.
- The puck line odds have stayed the same as the opening lines at the time of writing. If you wish to lay the Penguins -1.5 goals, they are best priced at +140 with the best online sportsbooks.
- The Flyers at +1.5 on the puck line is currently -160.
- The totals line has seen a move from 6.0 opening, to 6.5 at the time of writing. This is most likely down to the fact these teams seen a total of 9 goals when they played last night.
- The over is best available with BetOnline at +107, whilst the under is currently -115.
I usually don’t like laying any more juice than -135 but we just cant look beyond the fact that this Penguins side are fighting for a top spot in the East division and have lost two times in a row now to this below par Flyers team. The Flyers cant make the playoffs and have the 3rd worst home record in the division. Take the Penguins to get some revenge tonight against these flyers. Their record off of a big loss also speaks for itself as they are 4-0 this season when they lost the previous game by 3 goals or more.
The flyers are also 0-5 on back to backs with no rest, which is encouraging to know. However this could be a tight game tonight and I’m not confident the Penguins can cover the puck line. Its either going to go two ways, the Penguins barely come out with a win, or else blow the Penguins away by 3+ goals. Lets see what happens here tonight.
Free NHL Pick: Pittsburgh Penguins Moneyline -170 with BetOnline