Washington and Boston face off tonight for their final NHL game of the regular season. This will be a warmup for what’s to come as these teams faceoff in the Playoffs in a few days’ time.
Boston Bruins vs Washington Capitals
Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 – 7 PM EDT at Capital One Arena
Opening Line: Washington Capitals -115
Both teams are already into the playoffs, Washington is coming off a 2-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers and the Capitals have won three of the last four games. The Capitals would secure second place in the East with either a win or loss in overtime/shootout. Furthermore we believe that neither team will want to overexert themselves in this final game of the season, but both would like to head into the playoffs following a win over their playoff rivals. The big question is what big name players will sit out tonight and how many minutes on the ice will other get.
Washington dominated their division all season until they suffered a string of 4 losses in 5 games, which left them now having to face the Bruins in the playoffs as opposed to the Islanders. N Backstrom leads the Capitals in total points this season with 15 goals and 38 assists. The Bruins finished out the season in strong fashion as they won 6 of their previous 8 NHL games both home and away, this strong finish has seen them secured that 3rd place spot in the division. B. Marchand leads the Bruins in total points this season with a total of 28 goals and 39 assists.
*Trends should never be your main source of information when it comes to making your betting picks, they are merely guidelines and mostly irrelevant information, but nonetheless can be interesting to read.
- Boston are 6-14 in their last 20 games against Washington.
- Boston are 3-10 in their last 13 games when playing on the road against Washington.
- The total has gone under in 10 of Boston's last 15 games on the road.
- The total has gone over in 5 of Washington's last 7 games against Boston.
- The total has gone under in 4 of Washington's last 5 games at home.
- Washington are 10-5 in their last 15 games.
What Are The Betting Odds and Current Lines?
- The Washington Capitals opened up on the
moneylineat -115 favorites but these odds have since drifted into -105. The Boston Bruins opened up at -108 and are now -105 also with the best online sportsbooks.
- If you think the Capitals can cover the -1.5 puck line, they are currently available at +240 with Intertops.
- Likewise if you see the Bruins not loosing by more than 1 goal, they are -250 on the +1.5 puck line, which is a lot of juice and zero value in our opinion.
- The total line opened up at 5.5 with both the over and under being priced up at -110. The line has since moved half a point to 6.0, with the over now valued at +110 and the under is -130.
We believe the Bruins big game was last night when they secured their 3rd place spot in the division, they will be focusing on the first game of the playoffs. The Capitals didn’t have to play a back to back game and although not much intensity is expected from either team, we believe the Capitals just might be a little more focused tonight than the Bruins. Take Washington to get the job done in regulation, neither team wants to see overtime.
We like the over 5.5 in this one, and although it seems to be against the trend as many people are on the under, we believe this carefree game of Hockey might just result in a few goals. Yes, both teams will want to win but will they be trying super hard to get back and defend their net? Or put their body on the line to stop a goal? We don’t think so, take the over 5.5 goals in this one.
NHL Picks: Washington In Regulation +140 with and Over 5.5 Goals at -120 with Bovada