The Colorado Avalanche got a taste of their own medicine in their first road game of the series on Monday night as the Tampa Bay Lightning won by a score line of 6-2 and totally dominated the Avalanche with goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy saving 37 of his 39 shots faced.
We dominated the sportsbooks also going 3-1 for our player props and our only loser was Valeri Nichushkin to score a point, he managed to do so but it was eventually ruled offside by a cat’s whisker, almost going 4-0 but we will take the 3-1 and look to profit ahead of tonight’s Game 4.
Check out what player props we are liking for tonight’s Stanley Cup Finals.
Colorado Avalanche vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 – 08:00 PM EDT at Amalie Arena
NHL Prop Bet on Nathan MacKinnon
We have found a super value bet tonight, a market we have rarely looked into but we believe it could be one the keep an eye on in the future.
We are targeting MacKinnon’s +/- tonight. For those unsure what that is, essentially when he is on the ice if his team score, he will go +1, if they concede a goal, he will go -1, we are essentially betting when MacKinnon is on the ice his team will win the game.
- MacKinnon was shut down by the Lighting last time out with zero points scored for only the 3rd time in 17 post-season games.
- He has seen a plus game 9 times, a zero game 7 times, and only a minus game on two occasions, his -2 in the previous game being his worst of this postseason.
We expect a bounce back from MacKinnon’s line tonight and at +125 we are more than happy to believe his line can finish at a plus tonight.
NHL Prop Pick: Nathan MacKinnon Over 0.5 +/- (+125) with BMR’s Top-Rated Sportsbooks and Betting Sites
NHL Prop Bet on Andrei Vasilevskiy
We have talked about Andrei Vasilevskiy numerous times throughout the previous few games and previous few years during the playoff, and yet again we have to keep coming back to the 27-year-old goaltender who has won back-to-back Stanley Cups.
Colorado takes a lot of shots, and for this reason, we are more than happy to target Vasilevskiy’s save a total of over 32.5, he has done so in 2 of the first 3 games in this series.
The Avalanche have taken an average of 39.8 shots per game throughout this playoff run and so far in the finals, they have averaged 35.6.
A world-class goaltender savings lots of shots is what we expect to see tonight, and the Avalanche should be strong tonight having lost 6-2 last time.
NHL Prop Bet on Bowen Byram
We love finding value like this, and we believe Bowen Byram to grab an assist tonight at +200 is too big of a price to ignore.
- Byram has scored 8 assists in the postseason to date and zero goals, but he has only taken 36 post-season shots, averaging slightly over 2 per game.
- Bowen scored an assist in his regular-season game between the Lighting and Avalanche and also in the first game of this finals series but has failed to do so in the previous two games, the 7-0 victory and the 6-2 defeat.
- He also holds the second-best +/- record on the Avalanche roster in this post season sitting at an impressive +12 in 17 games.
Like we said we expect the Avalanche to be strong tonight and although it’s a difficult game to call who will come away with the victory, we believe there will be more goals on the cards tonight.
NHL Prop Pick: Bowen Byram Over 0.5 Assists (+200) with BetOnline
NHL Prop Bet on Nikita Kucherov
We couldn’t go 3 players to 1 in this game, we had to pick two props each as we feel this game could go either way. Unlike game three where we loaded up on the Lighting and cashed, we are hoping to spread our cards evenly tonight and cash.
We all know Nikita Kucherov is one of the Lightning's most important players:
- He has 26 post-season points, seven more than Stamkos, 19 of those 26 were assists.
- During the regular season, Kucherov had 44 assists in just 47 games, by far the best ratio on the team.
- Nikita Kucherov has a return of 12 assists in 20 playoff games this to date.
Let’s ride with the Lighting winger to see his 13th game with an assist in the postseason.
NHL Prop Pick: Nikita Kucherov Over 0.5 Assists (-120) with BetOnline
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.