NCAAB Pick: Grant Basile Over 18.5 Points (-120) at BetOnline (visit our BetOnline Review)
- Virginia Tech – Grant Basile Over 18.5 Points (-120)
- Virginia Tech – Justyn Mutts Over 4.5 Assists (-113)
- Notre Dame – Nate Laszewski Over 14.5 Points (-110)
The ACC Tournament is starting tonight. In the third game of the ACC Tournament, Notre Dame will take on Virginia Tech. The Hokies already knocked off Notre Dame earlier this season. Oddsmakers are expecting the same result tonight.
Here are some player props to consider for this exciting ACC Tournament matchup and your NCAAB picks.
Read on for our NCAAB breakdown, including the latest NCAAB odds, and don’t forget that you can find the best Indiana betting sites at Bookmakers Review.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Virginia Tech Hokies
Tuesday, March 07, 2023 – 07:00 PM EST at Greensboro Coliseum
Grant Basile (Virginia Tech)
Over 18.5 Points
- Basile averages 16.5 points per game this season.
- He had 33 points against Notre Dame earlier this year.
- Virginia Tech figures to score at a high rate against Notre Dame tonight.
- Basile has an offensive rating of 115.6, which is 301st in NCAAB.
- His usage percentage of 27, which is easily the highest among the Hokies.
NCAAB Prop Pick: Grant Basile Over 18.5 Points (-120) at BetOnline
Justyn Mutts (Virginia Tech)
Over 4.5 Assists
- Mutts averages 4.8 assists per game this season.
- He had nine assists against the Fighting Irish earlier this year.
- In his last game, Mutts is coming off a six-assist effort against Florida State.
- He ranks 126th in NCAAB in assist rate this season.
- When Mutts is racking up assists, Virginia Tech is scoring at a high pace. They’re expected to score at a high pace tonight. It’ll be because of Mutts.
NCAAB Prop Pick: Justyn Mutts Over 4.5 Assists (-113) at BetOnline
Nate Laszewski (Notre Dame)
Over 14.5 Points
- Laszewski averages 14 points per game this season.
- He had 33 against Virginia Tech earlier this year in defeat.
- He holds an offensive rating of 123.2, 70th in all college basketball.
- In the season’s final game, you can expect Laszewski to have at least 35 minutes in tonight’s game.
- He hasn’t been in foul trouble recently, which will help his case to stay in, especially as a senior.
NCAAB Prop Pick: Nate Laszewski Over 14.5 Points (-110) at BetOnline
Is This Head Coach Mike Brey’s Final Game With Notre Dame?
The ACC Tournament will begin tonight! The ACC has three games on the schedule for tonight with Notre Dame and Virginia Tech being the third of three games.
Notre Dame is currently seeded 14th in the ACC. They’re ahead of Louisville, but that’s about it. The Fighting Irish finished the regular season 11-20 and earned just three conference wins this season in the ACC. However, Notre Dame will be competitive tonight, at least. The Fighting Irish lost to Virginia Tech, 93-87, earlier this year, proving that they’re at least capable of earning a win against the Hokies this season.
Notre Dame has limited turnovers to 13.4% this season. That’s one of the best rates in America. However, the Fighting Irish have one of the worst rates in America in offensive rebounding and getting to the foul line.
Notre Dame has earned 19.7% of offensive rebounds and gets to the line at a meager rate. Still, the Fighting Irish have shot 35.8% from downtown and 50.8% from inside the arc. At the line, Notre Dame has shot 76.2%. They just don’t get there often.
On the other hand, Virginia Tech has limited teams to 33.5% from three and 49.8% from two. The Hokies have done well limiting foul shots. So there’s an excellent chance that Notre Dame doesn’t see the foul line often. But for Notre Dame’s sake, at least they’ll likely be able to hold onto the ball and limit turnovers.
If the Fighting Irish can limit turnovers, they’ll at least get shots up, even if they can’t get second chances. That should help them stick around in this game.
Virginia Tech Won Its Final Two Games in Regular Season
The Hokies won three of their last five games in conference play and finished with an 18-13 record to go along with an 8-12 conference record. They’ve had a better season than Notre Dame. Offensively, Virginia Tech is excellent. They’ve shot 36.1% from downtown and have added 54.1% from inside the arc. Like Notre Dame, Virginia Tech won’t turn the ball over and get to the foul line at a high rate.
The Hokies have earned 26.7% offensive rebounds. It’s not a great rate, but still way better than Notre Dame’s offensive-rebounding rate. You can expect Virginia Tech to still win the rebounding battle in tonight’s game.
On defense, Notre Dame has allowed teams to hit 34.2% from downtown and 52.3% from inside the arc. The Fighting Irish have even been unlucky, with teams hitting nearly 75% of foul shots against them this year. The Hokies are a balanced offense, scoring 33.7% of points from long range and 51.4% inside the arc. They’ll have plenty of success inside the arc and have quality shoots that should bang open looks from deep.
Notre Dame will stick around, but I’ve got Virginia Tech earning the win. There are just going to be a lot of points in this game. So we will back some overs on player props in this game.
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.