The NBA Finals continue tonight with an exciting game 5 in the Chase Center in San Francisco. The Boston Celtics and Golden State Warriors are tied at 2-2.
Betting on the side and total are not the only profitable ways to enjoy this game. Let’s take a look at some player props to find more winning NBA picks.
Boston Celtics vs. Golden State Warriors
Monday, June 13, 2022 – 09:00 PM EDT at Chase Center
Celtics Prop Bet: Jayson Tatum
- Over 27.5 Points
Jayson Tatum has been hot and cold these playoffs. One thing is for certain though, he always follows up a bad performance with a stellar performance. I expect another good performance from him tonight coming off a 12-point outing in Game 4.
Tatum has struggled against the defense of Andrew Wiggins. Celtics coach Ime Udoka will have some sets designed to get Tatum open looks against other defenders.
Jayson Tatum's Stats
- Jayson Tatum has had 14 games with 25 plus points in this season’s playoffs.
- He is tied with LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal for the most by a player 24 years old or younger in a single postseason.
- Only Kevin Durant (17) and Dwyane Wade (16) have had more games with 25 or more points in the postseason.
- Tatum is shooting 25% in the paint and 11.8% from the mid-range.
- In the three games in the playoffs where he scored less than 21 points, he's followed with 30, 31, and 39 points.
Jayson Tatum will bounce back from his subpar performance in Game 4. The Warriors might be able to absorb the outburst and get the win, but Jayson Tatum will go over his point total. Take him at one of our best sportsbooks.
Warriors Prop Bet: Kevon Looney
- Over 7.5 Rebounds
Kevon Looney has had a huge impact on the series. With the Boston Celtics' length and athleticism, the Warriors have needed a true center to keep the Celtics off the glass. Kevon Looney has been important in rebounding on both sides of the ball.
Looney has been impactful on the defensive end, and he was featured in the key minutes of the 4th quarter when the Warriors made their run with Draymond Green on the bench.
The Warriors are realizing that Looney can be an effective player, especially if Green continues to struggle. I expect another big game for him tonight because his minutes are necessary for the team.
Kevon Looney's Stats
- Kerr played Looney for 28 minutes in Game 4.
- Kevon Looney’s rebounding totals for the series are 9, 7, 7, and 11.
- In the two games he failed to go over, he played 21 minutes or less.
- We can reasonably expect 25 minutes or more from Looney tonight.
- In the series against the Memphis Grizzlies, he averaged 8.2 rebounds per game.
- In the Conference Finals against the Dallas Mavericks, he averaged 10.6 rebounds per game.
With Kevon Looney, minutes equal rebounds. I expect Looney to get plenty of minutes tonight which will push him over his rebounds total.
NBA Prop Pick: Kevon Looney Over 7.5 Rebounds (-150) at Bovada
Warriors Prop Bet: Jordan Poole
- Over 1.5 Three-Pointers Made
Jordan Poole is an important aspect of the Warriors' scoring punch and he plays much better in the friendly confines of the Chase Center.
Jordan Poole Stats
- Jordan Poole has gone over his total for three-pointers made in 7 of his 12 home playoff games.
- He averages 3.6 made three-pointers per game this season.
- He is averaging 6.2 three-point attempts during this NBA Finals, so the opportunities will be there.
For your best bets, expect Jordan Poole to have another big night for the Golden State Warriors as he is so much more comfortable playing on his home court at the Chase Center. The opportunities will be there, and Jordan Poole will convert.
NBA Prop Pick: Jordan Poole Over 1.5 Three-Pointers Made (-145) at Bovada
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.