Today’s baseball card has a lot to offer. So let’s go for a large parlay. Top sportsbooks have released their odds for today’s baseball action.
Three games, in particular, interest me as worth investing in: the Marlins vs. Phillies, Reds vs. Diamondbacks, and Royals vs. Giants.
For reasons that I will explain, you should play the money-line for all three games. Feel free to parlay both bets at online sports betting site in order to maximize your profits.
Miami Marlins vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Tuesday, June 14, 2022 – 07:05 PM EDT at Citizens Bank Park
Who Is Pitching for the Marlins Today?
Miami starts Trevor Rogers who is coming off a win. Don't let recency bias misguide you, though, because Rogers has done a terrible job of dealing with success.
- After collecting the win against Washington on April 28, Arizona slammed him for five runs in 4.1 innings.
- Likewise, he yielded five earned runs, including three home runs, in four innings against Atlanta after he had collected the victory in his previous start.
Rogers is in a bad spot tonight, therefore, because he is coming off a win.
Philly Batters Against Trevor Rogers
Rogers may seem to be in a good spot tonight because of his strong ERA in Philadelphia's venue.
However, this strong ERA is masked by a concerning FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding), which undermines the notion that he tends to perform well in this venue.
Moreover, Philly matches up well with him, ranking sixth in slugging against his favorite pitches.
Who Is Pitching for the Phillies Today?
Philadelphia starts Zach Eflin. There are two of these pitchers:
- One who yields a 7.13 ERA away from home.
- The other version yields a 1.16 ERA and .164 BA at home.
Eflin is thus in a great spot tonight because he is pitching at home. Moreover, they match up well against Marlin batters.
Primarily, Eflin induces fly balls with his vast array of favorite pitches. However, Miami's slugging rate is lowest -- .385 -- against flyball pitchers.
MLB Pick: Phillies (-147) with BetOnline
Cincinnati Reds vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 09:40 PM EDT at Chase Field
Who Is Pitching for the Reds Today?
The Reds start Tyler Mahle who is nearly their least profitable pitcher.
- This season, the Reds are yielding -5.30 units in his starts.
- Pertinently to this time, the NL West has given Mahle and his team the most trouble.
- Cincinnati is 0-4, yielding -4.5 units, in Mahle's four starts against NL West opponents.
Diamondback Batters Against Tyler Mahle
Primarily, Mahle throws a:
These pitches combine to make up about 75 percent of his arsenal.
Arizona batters promise to thrive tonight because they rank ninth in slugging against Mahle's two favorite pitches combined from righties.
Who Is Pitching for the Diamondbacks Today?
Arizona starts Zach Davies who is coming off a tough-luck outing against the Reds.
- In his last start, Davies' ERA was poor against the Reds.
- However, his 1.31 FIP at that start indicates that he actually performed well.
- He is sure to thrive tonight because he matches up well with Red batters.
Davies' favorite pitches are his sinker and changeup. Together, these pitches make up almost 85 percent of his arsenal.
Red batters, however, rank 26th in slugging against these two pitches combined from righties.
MLB Pick: Diamondbacks (-117) with BetOnline
Kansas City Royals vs. San Francisco Giants
Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 09:45 PM EDT at Oracle Park
Who Is Pitching for the Royals Today?
Kansas City starts Kris Bubic tonight.
- It's easy to dismiss Bubic given his ERA. However, one must keep in mind that ERA is a season-long statistic, and it is a long season.
- A pitcher's ERA will reflect how he's performed this season, but it may mislead one as to how a pitcher is performing in a given stretch of the season.
Right now, Bubic is performing well. After yielding a 3.74 FIP against Houston, he yielded a 2.22 FIP against Baltimore.
Giants Batters Against Kris Bubic
Bubic throws three pitches, and he throws them often:
His pitch selection and the fact that he is a lefty make him match up well against Giant batters.
They rank 25th in slugging .364 against these three pitches from lefties. Expect little from team BA leader Thairo Estrada whose BA is .36 lower against left-handed pitchers than right-handed ones.
Who Is Pitching for the Giants Today?
The Giants start Logan Webb who is being flattered with shocking immensity by the MLB odds. Similar to Bubic, Webb primarily throws three pitches.
These are the:
It's an unusual combo of pitches and one that Royal batters match up well against. They rank ninth in slugging against these pitches from righties.
MLB Pick: Royals (+212) with BetOnline
MLB Parlay Verdict for Today
With your MLB picks in mind, expect strong wins from Philadelphia, Arizona, and Kansas City.
For the above reasons, parlay these three teams on the moneyline. Be sure to use our trusty parlay calculator for your parlay betting needs.
MLB Parlay Pick for Today
- Phillies (-147)
- Diamondbacks (-117)
- Royals (+212)
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.