The San Francisco Giants won the first game of the NL West Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants
Saturday, June 11, 2022 – 06:15 PM EDT at Oracle Park
Giants vs. Dodgers Series
The San Francisco Giants defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday, winning 7-2 to open up the NL West series.
Tonight, the Giants will look to get a series win over the Dodgers a little early. However, the Giants will have to get through Clayton Kershaw, who is making his return off the Injured List tonight for the Dodgers.
Things should get interesting in tonight’s matchup. Let’s break it down and see how this game should play out.
Here’s my betting pick and predictions for the Dodgers and Giants game on Saturday, June 11.
Who Pitches for the Padres Today?
The Giants will send out Sam Long, a left-handed pitcher who has a 2.35 ERA on the season. Long also has a WHIP of 1.04 but has also pitched just 15.1 innings with 10 strikeouts.
In the last 30 days, Long has had a 5.98 xFIP with 11.1% of strikeouts and 11.1% of walks.
However, he’s been able to keep his BABIP down to .071 through 18 plate appearances with 50% of ground balls and 7.1% of line drives allowed.
Who Pitches for the Dodgers Today?
On the other hand, Clayton Kershaw will return to the mound from the injured list.
He hasn’t pitched in the last 30 days, but on the season, he has a 3.09 xFIP in the last 30 days with 29.4% of strikeouts and 2.8% of walks. He was Mr. Consistent for the Dodgers.
On the year, he has a 4-0 record with a 1.80 ERA. That tells you everything you need to know about the veteran.
Giants Lineup Analysis
- The Giants have a .183 ISO and wOBA of .324 against lefties in the last 30 days.
- However, the Giants also strike out 24% of the time and are only hitting 17.2% of line drives against lefties in those same 30 days.
- Darin Ruf and Evan Longoria have been the two massive power sluggers for the Giants against lefties but Mike Yastrzemski, Brandon Crawford, and Thairo Estrada have also been above-average in ISO and wOBA against lefties.
Dodgers Lineup Analysis
- However, the Dodgers have destroyed lefties lately, with a .217 ISO and wOBA of .378 in the last 30 days.
- Only Freddie Freeman and Cody Bellinger have struggled against lefties in the last 30 days and those two get a pass because they’re both left-handed hitters.
- The Dodgers have struck out just 17.6% of the time against lefties in that time frame and have walked 11.3% of the time.
Giants vs. Dodgers Game Prediction
I’m expecting the Dodgers to get one back tonight on the road. Kershaw took a long hiatus on the injured list but he seems like he’s now 100 percent and ready to go.
Kershaw won’t go crazy deep in this game, but if you get five scoreless from him, that’ll be enough.
The Dodgers have destroyed lefties lately and Sam Long, despite having a solid ERA of 2.35, has not been nearly that good.
Sam Long Performance
- He doesn’t earn a high amount of strikeouts and the walks are still a bit high lately. Plus, his career numbers show that he has a 4.66 ERA with a WHIP of 1.21.
- He’s been performing better than his career numbers and you just wonder if he’ll be able to keep that up going up against a Dodgers lineup that is legitimately destroying lefties.
Look for the Dodgers to put more balls in play and earn a lot more power against Long in comparison to the Giants against Kershaw.
The entire Dodgers order is hard to get out but in the Giants lineup, there are plenty of batters who have been inconsistent and straight-up bad against lefties in the last 30 days.
MLB Betting Pick for Today
I’m looking at the Dodgers to get over their team total in the first five innings at +100. I love the Dodgers with Kershaw on the mound, but I don’t want to bet Kershaw in his first game back.
I’d rather take a plus money shot at this Dodgers offense that’s hitting a .217 ISO and wOBA of .378 in the last 30 days against lefties.
Therefore, with my MLB pick of the day, I’ll be grabbing the Dodgers Over 2.5 in the first five innings on the team total at +100.
*The line and/or odds on picks in this article might have moved since the content was commissioned. For updated line movements, visit BMR’s free betting odds product.