[h=3]Watford v Arsenal[/h]
- Watford have lost four of their previous five home games against Arsenal in the Premier League, but did beat the Gunners in their most recent such encounter last season (2-1).
- Arsenal have not lost back-to-back away league games at Watford since a run of three straight defeats ending in November 1987.
- None of the 11 previous Premier League meetings between Watford and Arsenal have ended in a draw (nine wins for Arsenal, two for Watford); only four fixtures in the competiton have been played more often without ever sharing the spoils (Manchester United v Wigan (16), Aston Villa v Derby (14), Derby v Leicester (12) and Manchester United v Watford (12)).
- Watford have only won two of their 15 Premier League games when playing on a Monday (D5 L8); a 4-2 win over Portsmouth in April 2007 and a 4-1 victory against Chelsea in February 2018.
- Arsenal have won seven of their last eight Premier League games on a Monday, losing only against Crystal Palace in April 2017 in that run.
- Watford are unbeaten in their last five Premier League home games, winning the last three in a row (D2). They last won four in a row at Vicarage Road within the same top-flight season back in December 1986.
- Arsenal are yet to keep a clean sheet away from home in the Premier League this season (15 games). They last had a longer run without a clean sheet on the road in the top-flight between April 1984-February 1985 (16 games).
- Just one of Arsenal’s five Premier League away wins this season has come against a side starting the day higher than 16th place in the table, with the Gunners beating 8th placed Bournemouth 2-1 in November.
- Watford’s Troy Deeney has scored nine Premier League goals this season, only netting more in the 2015-16 (13) and 2016-17 (10) campaigns. He could become just the third player to score 10+ goals in three different top-flight seasons for the Hornets after Luther Blissett (3) and John Barnes (4).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is Arsenal’s highest Premier League goalscorer this season with 17 goals. However, he’s not netted in any of his last five away from home since a goal at Brighton on Boxing Day.