Smarkets - dodgy liquidity ?

quincunx

I saw some liquidity on Smarkets on an odds comparison site for a bet I wanted today. I doublechecked it on their site - this was after 9pm on a Saturday evening.Opened an account - had to fund it - then tried to place the bet - only the liquidity wasn't there.

soccer star

Liquidity is key when searching for markets. Truth is on any minor event alot of time the liquidity may appear to be there but in fact it is simply one or two people placing the odds.

win euro win

This is why using a old fashioned book is better than trying these new "markets"...

win euro win

Still believe that the new markets are not yet fully developed ..most punters don't fully understand them.

Tart

Banned
Liquidity is the only way you can wager and win at a site like this...

BMR_Brad

TBF,they do seem to have liquidity on Premiership games.

I don't use them but know a few people who do and don't think liquidity is a big issue for them. Not as good as Betfair obviously but probably the 2nd most usable exchange out there now. Equivalent to Matchbook maybe?

quincunx

I've been dabbling on Smarkets to small money.Their liquidity isn't great - probably less than Matchbook's,at a guess,but their odds aren't bad and their commission rate is always 2% on winnings,which is better than Betfair's overall and better than Matchbook's when taking an offer for UK - based-punters. Haven't tried getting paid yet,though.