Paddy Power paid out my winnings to someone else

Alexandrey

Alexandrey

Hello,

I desperatelly need some advice/help. Yesterday i placed a bet for football, accumulator ticket in a Paddy Power shop in London . After all the games have finished, I checked on the app my ticket and I found out I won it , £1143 . Today before going to get my money , when I scanned it again, it showed me that “ you have collected this ticket . It will soon vanish” . In the shop they told me the same , that my ticket has been paid out already. I always had my ticket at home with me , didn’t lost it, etc . Being happy I showed my ticket to a few friends and maybe like this it happened, but nobody wants to tell me from which agency that person claimed the money and how did they managed . When I called PaddyPower they told me is nothing they can do and asked me to call the police , and I’ve done even this but how I expected they said is no way they can help and ask me to call citizen advices. What do you think I can do? How can I get my winnings? Please advice me ! Sorry about my English, I know is not great . Thank you

Alexandrey

Alexandrey

Thanks for reply. I have played in a shop, I have the original ticket . I think I might have screenshot from the track your bet app. What can I do? 😭😭

BMR Admin

BMR Admin

Thanks for reply. I have played in a shop, I have the original ticket . I think I might have screenshot from the track your bet app. What can I do? 😭😭

Hi and welcome!!

Please fill this complaint form out and we can try to help you.

grrr.gif

Tart

Tart

You need to get help and see if BMR can assist you like they have for thousands of others.

BMR_Brad

BMR_Brad

Hello,

I desperatelly need some advice/help. Yesterday i placed a bet for football, accumulator ticket in a Paddy Power shop in London . After all the games have finished, I checked on the app my ticket and I found out I won it , £1143 . Today before going to get my money , when I scanned it again, it showed me that “ you have collected this ticket . It will soon vanish” . In the shop they told me the same , that my ticket has been paid out already. I always had my ticket at home with me , didn’t lost it, etc . Being happy I showed my ticket to a few friends and maybe like this it happened, but nobody wants to tell me from which agency that person claimed the money and how did they managed . When I called PaddyPower they told me is nothing they can do and asked me to call the police , and I’ve done even this but how I expected they said is no way they can help and ask me to call citizen advices. What do you think I can do? How can I get my winnings? Please advice me ! Sorry about my English, I know is not great . Thank you

You will need to raise a dispute via IBAS yourself .

That can be done here: https://www.ibas-uk.com/consumers/how-to-raise-a-dispute/

But if you sent a copy of your ticket to a "friend" and they have used it to claim the money, then I think I agree with PaddyPower that your only option would be reporting your friend/s to police :(

A horrible situation for you but I think you may need to accept this one as an expensive lesson.