No hitter

Franklee168

Franklee168

Even though it's the world series, a no hitter doesn't feel right when it's more that one pitcher. Must be the old school in me.

Enikk

Enikk

Totally agree. Just not the same. That is their job as relievers and are fresh compared to someone facing the order 3 times

BobbyFK

BobbyFK

Even though the Phillies were no hit tonight I believe they will still come out strong in the next game

Franklee168

Franklee168

Karma. Read there were Astro baseball cards at the stadium urinals and restaurants not willing to serve food to the Astro players. Don't know if it's true though.

Enikk

Enikk

I don't know Bobby. A no hitter is pretty demoralizing. I do believe this one is going to the wire though.
If not Houston in 6. Living and dying by the HR ball is what it is. I like old school baseball myself

Enikk

Enikk

Shout-out to Dusty Baker having his guys motivated!!

Enikk

Enikk

Will Minny come in here saying that the Phillies "gifted" Dusty a coaching no-no

BobbyFK

BobbyFK

Karma. Read there were Astro baseball cards at the stadium urinals and restaurants not willing to serve food to the Astro players. Don't know if it's true though.
False. One wasn't open during the hours they wanted the food and the second was a mixup with restaurants (as far as I understood the article I read about it)

Last edited:

Bubbles

Bubbles

astros threw the 2nd no hitter in ws history. don larsen of the yankees way back in 1956 is the 1st one. did it in Game 5 at yankee stadium.

Tanko

Tanko

False. One wasn't open during the hours they wanted the food and the second was a mixup with restaurants (as far as I understood the article I read about it)

Damn Bobby you sound like a Bigtime Phillies fan..... standing up for your town. :ROFLMAO:

BobbyFK

BobbyFK

Damn Bobby you sound like a Bigtime Phillies fan..... standing up for your town. :ROFLMAO:
I don't bet with my heart though. Used to go to a bunch of games when I was younger and grew up in the area so I would consider myself a fan

Pimike

Pimike

You can’t win a series by home runs only.

Syndergaard will be lucky to go through the lineup one time that means a lot of bullpen pitching Verlander will go 8 Innings if he’s pitching well.