Do You Think USA Will Eventually Block Offshore Wagering?

Oddsmaker

I do not even know if it is possible other than scare tactics from our gov't to CR Gov't and a few others

Wagerallsports

Staff member
1. Other than making financial exchanges a bit more difficult a few years ago, they have never really pushed it, enforced it, or made it a priority

2. Their way of 'blocking' it, or turning ppl away from it, is by legalizing it in the U.S.

Millions will still pay offshore on top of playing legally in the states

BMR_Brad

Staff member
I'm surprised everyone seems to have just ignored offshore since state licensing came in.

I wonder if feds have dropped off and think it's now a state issue to police their own rules?

I fully expect some sort of industry body to start working hard to block the offshore competition at some stage though. Not sure how states could do that though. Feds haven't been able to do much even with dodgy laws they made up to try.

BMR_Brad

Staff member
In reality, they should not even be trying.

Offshore books are legal where they are located. USA should not be trying to restrain trade with legal foreign companies really.

BMR_Brad

Staff member
some offshores are scared of certain states like NJ and NY
Probably owners with connections in those states.

Or maybe it's like Australia. They just seem to ask books to stop and most do. Well ask might mean threaten somehow. Not sure. But whatever Aussie authorities do is effective.

Wagerallsports

Staff member
I think states will get enough customers & action that offshore won't even be a 2nd thought

Smart players will still use both

The offshore books that don't get up to speed by offering same day payouts will not survive though

Oddsmaker

Books have always been one step ahead in every way it’s one of the reasons why they’re still around I’m sure they are ready have a back up plan

BMR_Brad

Staff member
I think states will get enough customers & action that offshore won't even be a 2nd thought

Smart players will still use both

The offshore books that don't get up to speed by offering same day payouts will not survive though
Offshore are mostly all faster than legal books, I think??

I can get instant payouts on to a branded book debit card, but in general mainstream licensed books all take at least over night for me. Sometimes even the day after that.