- Wolves have won two of the past three meetings, including 1-0 away in the Championship in April.
- This is their first top-flight encounter since Wolves claimed a 3-2 away triumph in February 1962.
- Cardiff lost 9-1 to Wolves in the top flight in September 1955; it remains the Bluebirds' heaviest home league defeat and Wolves' biggest away league win.
- Cardiff have won two and lost three of their last five league matches.
- Seven of the Bluebirds' eight points this season have come at home.
- They could record successive top-flight home wins in a single season for the first time since 1961-62.
- The Bluebirds have not kept a clean sheet in 11 league and cup fixtures since August's goalless draw at Huddersfield.
- Cardiff have failed to score in seven of their 13 Premier League matches, a joint high with Crystal Palace.
- They have scored the first goal in only one league game, which was September's 4-1 loss at Chelsea.
- Wolves are winless in five league games, which includes four defeats and three matches without a goal.
- All four of their league wins have come against teams currently below them in the table.
- They have scored two first-half league goals in 2018-19, the lowest figure in the division.
- Wanderers have won all four of their previous league matches played on a Friday under Nuno Espirito Santo.
- Wolves have used just 17 players - fewer than any other club - in this season's Premier League.
- Matt Doherty could make his 200th league appearances for Wolves.