X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds as if that may well be what's behind their investigation - but why is it taking them six months? As long as you weren't placing bets on events when you already knew the result, then I can't see that they have any reason not to pay you. If you were using the instant 'cash out' facility to take advantage of in play markets before William Hill updated their odds, then, as far as I can see, that is good punting and poor bookmaking and you've done absolutely nothing wrong. I don't know whether this is the case here, but in my experience some bookmakers have very large egos (the bigger the bookmaker, the larger the ego) and the worst crime a player can commit is to dent their ego by outsmarting them. When this happens (and it does with some frequency), there are certain bookmakers who, instead of admitting defeat and paying up with a smile, will seek to avoid payment by whatever means they can. As a bookmaker (now retired) once said to me, you have to accept that, if you are a bookmaker, from time to time someone will get the better of you and if you can't accept that, then you should find another profession.

Comment

• Thank you for your query.

Your question has now been received and we will reply as soon as
      possible. Should you wish to update your question, please enter your
      reply between the lines below.

With regards,

Customer Services
      William Hill plc

Discussion Thread
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      Customer By Email (peter miles) - 20/03/2014 02:59 PM
      Dear MR WILLIAM HILL.. Its been a long long time since your company froze
      my winning account and stopped me from withdrawing.i have been looking on
      the net and am amazed to find that a lot of dodgy firms seem to do the same
      as your firm has done to me.

Could you please let me know how long a big big firm such as william hill
      need to carry out checks on someone.Its been going on for far to long
      now,its become ridiculas .What would you do in my position.A little help
      would be much appreciated.

PETER MILES

Comment

• Graham Sharpe
        2:40 PM (23 hours ago)

to me
        Mr Miles. I do not wish to appear unsympathetic, but my department does not have sufficient resources to handle enquiries of this nature, and I can only suggest you follow the matter up with the Customer Service department at support@williamhill.com
        gs

Sent: 20 March 2014 14:30

To: Graham Sharpe
        Subject: Re: HELP

Dear MR SHARPE. Its been a long long time since your company froze my winning account and stopped me from withdrawing.i have been looking on the net and am amazed to find that a lot of dodgy firms seem to do the same as your firm has done to me.
        Could you please let me know how long a big big firm such as william hill need to carry out checks on someone.Its been going on for far to long now,its become ridiculas .What would you do in my position.A little help would be much appreciated.
        PETER MILES

Comment

• Did you submit a complaint to BMR and, if so, have there been any developments?

I didn't think you would get any help from Graham Sharpe, but I hope your email made him feel a bit uncomfortable. Given the way you've been treated by the firm he works for, it certainly should have done!

Comment

• Any update on this?!

Comment

• Originally posted by jumperabv3

Any update on this?!

support@willhill.com
              1:57 PM (4 minutes ago)

to me
              Thank you for your query.

Your question has now been received and we will reply as soon as
              possible. Should you wish to update your question, please enter your
              reply between the lines below.

With regards,

Customer Services
              William Hill plc

Discussion Thread
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              Customer By Email (peter miles) - 21/05/2014 01:57 PM
              Well surely you and your team ,can now tell me what is the out come of your
              8 mounth investigation into me haveing dared win from your firm.
              PETER MILES

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM, support@willhill.com
              wrote:

>
              >

Comment

• Subject: HELP
                Hi Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Firstly, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. Unfortunately, the investigation in your account is not yet done. These investigations are usually done by another Team for the security and safety of the account and it's transactions, that is why it may take longer than expected. Surely, we would notify you immediately once we receive any updates in your account. In the meantime, we kindly ask for your patience.

If you have any other concerns you can contact us at any time. You can send us another e-mail at support@willhill.com or via our "Live Chat" link that appears in the "My Account" section when you are logged in, or by using one of the following phone numbers:

U.K.: 0800 085 6296
                International: 00 800 3551 3551

Best regards,

Francis A.

Customer Services
                William Hill Online

Well surely you and your team ,can now tell me what is the out come of your
                8 mounth investigation into me haveing dared win from your firm.
                PETER MILES

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM, support@willhill.com

Comment

• Wow ... have you tried calling them on the phone and bothering them more than an email about this? That's absolutely unfair.

Comment

• Mile,it occurs to me that by addressing your emails to Graham Sharpe,and indeed to 'Mr William Hill' you have made this an entertaining story which might interest the mainstream press [I am not suggesting that that was your intention].I suggest that you try contacting some British newspapers with your story.If one of them publishes the story,please let us know.I really look forward to Graham Sharpe trying to explain to the newspapers why William Hill's investigation has taken so long,That would be really bad publicity for William Hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by quincunx

Mile,it occurs to me that by addressing your emails to Graham Sharpe,and indeed to 'Mr William Hill' you have made this an entertaining story which might interest the mainstream press [I am not suggesting that that was your intention].I suggest that you try contacting some British newspapers with your story.If one of them publishes the story,please let us know.I really look forward to Graham Sharpe trying to explain to the newspapers why William Hill's investigation has taken so long,That would be really bad publicity for William Hill.

Totally agree / seconded.
                      I would advise you to do that.
                      It doesn't cost a penny and you might even get a compensation on top of everything.

Comment

• Yes, I agree as well. I think there's a decent chance one of the tabloids would be interested. The longer this drags on, the more it seems to me that William Hill are 'playing for time' and simply hoping that you will eventually give up and go away - keep at them!

Comment

• I had account with hills..won several thousand in a few weeks...indtantly my bets were restricted to tiny ammounts...
                          They are all conmen...to be honest you will never win...its the law of the game..the industry needs investigating.

Comment

• Could'nt agree more martin, they currently make up they're own rules to suit themselves. They have all outcomes covered and know it. There needs to be so much more regulation in the online gambling industry but it does'nt look like coming any time soon. Even the biggest bookies look very reputable from the outside but you can quickly find out just how scheming, cunning, crafty, calculating, devious, designing, conniving, wily, sly, tricky, artful, guileful, slippery, slick, etc; they can be once things don't go according to their plan, i.e you lose consistently.

Comment

• Subject: William Hill Online
                              Hi Peter,

I hope this email finds you well.

First of all,i would like to apologise for the length of time this investigation takes.

I understand that this seems to be too long for us to solve the issue than the usual. However, I assure you that we are doing whatever we can to finish the investigation on our end.

I apologise if we are unable to confirm what are the details of the investigation being done for this is part of our security process. Rest assured that upon confirmation of the details regarding your account, you will be contacted with the email address registered to your account.

Your patience and understanding on this matter have been greatly appreciated. Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail at support@willhill.com or via our Live Chat facility. We are here to assist you 24/7.

With regards,

Bryan D.

William Hill Online
                              Customer Services

HOW CAN YOUR SO CALLED INVESTIGATION TAKE 18 YES 18 MONTHS.I HAVE BEEN
                              DEPRIVED OF ACCESS TO MY OWN MONEY.I CAN NOT EVEN CHECK MY ACCOUNT TO SEE
                              WHETHER MY MONEY IS STILL THERE.
                              JUST TELL ME WHETHER YOUR COMPANY INTENDS TO STEAL MY FUNDS. I HAVE KEPT
                              EVERY EMAIL SENT AND RECIVED ON THIS MATTER.I FIND YOUR ATTITUDE ON THIS
                              MATTER DISGUSTING.
                              ALL I EVER GET IS THIS STILL GOING ON. WELL HOW LONG WOULD YOU THINK IT
                              SHOULD TAKE..DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE RESOLVED IN THE NEXT 18 MONTHS.
                              PETER

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 5:26 AM, support@willhill.com
                              wrote:

Comment

• Hi Peter,

Good day!

I am writing to inform you that we still don't have updates as the investigation on your account is still ongoing. I'm afraid your account stays suspended for the time being and we request for your continued patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Regards,

Adam
                                Customer Services
                                William Hill Onlin

Comment

Top 5 Reviews

Pinnacle
                                Bet365
                                Bodog
                                William Hill
                                Ladbrokes
                                Working...