X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I presume there's no collective action being taken re Sports Spread?

How does one go about issuing a civil summons as suggested above? Presumably hire a solicitor in Ireland? Has anybody on this forum used a solicitor successfully with respect to Sports Spread?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

I'm no lawyer, but surely what they are doing is actually fraudulent and therefore a criminal offence not just civil?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Smith

I presume there's no collective action being taken re Sports Spread?

How does one go about issuing a civil summons as suggested above? Presumably hire a solicitor in Ireland? Has anybody on this forum used a solicitor successfully with respect to Sports Spread?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

I'm no lawyer, but surely what they are doing is actually fraudulent and therefore a criminal offence not just civil?

I agree. I've tried various bodies in Ireland to no avail. I emailed some Irish solicitors but got no real interest.

Comment

• I may be able to help some of you out here, are you still waiting on payment(s)?

Comment

• Originally posted by BetterBettor

I may be able to help some of you out here, are you still waiting on payment(s)?

Withdrawl requested May 2013 and not received. Any suggestions?

Comment

• How much was the withdrawal for? Have you heard anything from the since with regards to why you haven't received it? PM if you'd rather not disclose publicly.

Comment

• The withdrawl was a few thousand. They don't return calls or emails. They have offered no reason for not paying me.

Comment

• As you well know they've no real legal grounds to pay you out. If you were to get the majority but not all of it paid would you be interested?

Comment

• How do you send a PM on here?

Comment

• BetterBettor,

Could you explain why there are no legal grounds to pay out? I desposited some money with Sports Spread, won a small amount. Sure they can refuse to pay the winnings, but what legal grounds are there for refusing to return the deposit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Smith

BetterBettor,

Could you explain why there are no legal grounds to pay out? I desposited some money with Sports Spread, won a small amount. Sure they can refuse to pay the winnings, but what legal grounds are there for refusing to return the deposit?

Quite correct, your deposit they can not keep, however your gains from betting do not fall under law in Ireland. Proceeds from gambling are unforceble. Worse still there is no regulation of spread betting companies in Ireland, they fall under the financial sector so are governed so to speak by the financial ombudsman but they have no interest in a sector that has two companies in a business they don't understand. If you cant send a PM I'll give you my email perhaps?

Comment

• You seem quite knowledgable BetterBettor, have you successfully got money out of them?

Comment

• Yes, it took a few months but I did eventually get paid what was owed to me. Drop me a mail at spreadbettor@hotmail.com

Comment

• Hi.Can anybody please confirm if SportsSpreads have started paying the money that they owe yet? I'm owed, but have received nothing, so would greatly appreciate any advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benovia

Hi.Can anybody please confirm if SportsSpreads have started paying the money that they owe yet? I'm owed, but have received nothing, so would greatly appreciate any advice.

I think the general answer is "no" though betterbettor says he/she was paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by DunkirkPie

I am in the same boat as many of you (account closed with a sizeable balance and unable to communicate with them) and have begun exploring my legal options. Has anybody attempted to make a civil or criminal claim against these people yet? I would be interested to hear of other people's experiences and whether any of them have been successful.

Comment

Top 5 Reviews

Pinnacle
                                Bet365
                                Bodog
                                William Hill
                                Ladbrokes
                                Working...
                                X