X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually received a cheque for 500 Euros off them last week. Whilst it hasnt cleared yet, it was a positive sign. I will update when it clears, however the bank have said as its Euro it will take up to 30 days, so not ideal and i have no idea why they pay out in Cheque but we will see.

Comment

• I am 'only' owed £300 by these people but am determined to give them some grief, even if I don't get paid.
      I have written to them detailing the following actions that I intend to take if I'm not paid by Monday 9th June.
      1. Contact the Dublin police (OK, they can hide behind the fact that gambling debts aren't recoverable, but taking unauthorised money out of peoples' accounts smacks of fraud, and it's worth a try, especially if a lot of people write.)
      2. Contact the Racing Post to inform them to warn their readers. I'd also be interested if a local Dublin paper might have a view on what's going on under their noses.
      3, Contact the Gambling Commission, now that overseas traders are subject to UK rules.
      4. Jam their trading phone-line. I'm semi-retired, so I have the time to put both of my phones on repeat for an hour or two and annoy the buggers that way. It needn't cost much - mostly just a few rings before putting the phone down.
      To be honest, I'd happily pay another £300 to have these scumbags brought to account.
      I thought of another avenue after posting - I'll be contacting the Bank of Ireland, where Sportspread supposedly bank, to inform them of the type of organisation they're supporting.
      Any thoughts, and anyone want to join me in the phone-in or other activities?

Comment

• Sounds good to me, I'm owed £725 for two months now. Let me know if the date passes without payment and I'll spend some time before big events blocking the phone lines. You can ring Ireland for 0.5p per minute with a prefixed number now.

Comment

• Thanks Youthraven.
          I've received an email from Fergus Rice today. It reads as follows:

"I was passed over a copy of your letter dated 24 May 2014 this morning.

I am informed by our Accounts team that your cheque requested on 16 May 2014 was processed and has been sent to you. The slight delay is regrettable but it hardly warrants the tone and content of your letter.
          We did give you a rather generous goodwill gesture in March 2014 which you took up and we feel we have acted pretty decently towards you as a client.
          Kind regards,"

He seems quite hurt by the suggestion that they are in any way crooked. The cheque was obviously lost in the post, surprise, surprise.
          I'll let you know whether I have any joy, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by alanp4

Thanks Youthraven.

I've received an email from Fergus Rice today. It reads as follows:

"I was passed over a copy of your letter dated 24 May 2014 this morning.

I am informed by our Accounts team that your cheque requested on 16 May 2014 was processed and has been sent to you. The slight delay is regrettable but it hardly warrants the tone and content of your letter.

We did give you a rather generous goodwill gesture in March 2014 which you took up and we feel we have acted pretty decently towards you as a client.

Kind regards,"

He seems quite hurt by the suggestion that they are in any way crooked. The cheque was obviously lost in the post, surprise, surprise.

I'll let you know whether I have any joy, but I'm not holding my breath.

They have owed me 4 figures for 12 months. Think I might send a similar letter though I have already threatened one or two of those things to no avail.

Comment

• Perhaps miracles do happen. I've received a cheque for the full amount this morning.
              Obviously, I won't be counting my chickens before it's been cleared.
              On their site, I've changed the expiry date on my debit card to a false one that's now expired, just in case they try to get the money back. I've also contacted my bank to instruct them not to accept any withdrawals from this firm.
              I'll let you know the outcome, but they were obviously concerned about one or more of the actions that I threatened.

Comment

• Any idea who this Fergus Rice is? I'm still owed £6000 from about 9 months ago and I always get told only Brian O'Neill can authorise it who naturally is never available and never replies to emails. I'd also definitely be up for causing them as much trouble as possible..

Comment

• I don't know what position he has in the company, but I can give you is his email address: fergusr@sportsspread.com. It might be worth trying him.
                  Even though I may have my money, if anyone wants to organise a phone block, I'll still help out. I'd be grateful if you could hold fire until I see if my cheque clears, but that's obviously up to you.
                  Another thing I threatened them with was to set up a web page, using Search Engine Optimisation, so that anyone googling 'Sportsspread' would go straight to that page, warning potential clients of the type of organisation they might be dealing with. Perhaps that was what did the trick, though, as I say, I haven't actually got the money in my account yet.

Comment

• Thanks, I've sent him an email, dont expect much but its another person to harrass at least.

I've posted on their facebook site that they dont pay people, naturally they deleted it and now have blocked me from commenting on it. I've also reported the facebook page as spam a few times although that doesnt seem to have achieved anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by tg5321

Thanks, I've sent him an email, dont expect much but its another person to harrass at least.

I've posted on their facebook site that they dont pay people, naturally they deleted it and now have blocked me from commenting on it. I've also reported the facebook page as spam a few times although that doesnt seem to have achieved anything.

I've emailed as well.

Did the facebook stuff a few weeks ago and also got blocked. Anyone thought about setting up an alternative facebook page? If I had the expertise I'd have done it.

Comment

• I'd like to add that I've been owed over £2K by SportsSpread for nearly two months.
                        I requested it by bank transfer initially. When I rang to enquire about not receiving the money a week later I was told that someone would ring me back which did not happen.
                        I then got an e-mail from "Robert Giles" saying that they had closed my account (without a stated reason) and that they would send a cheque. When I rang them up to query this, they said it would take 30 days (!) for the cheque to arrive. I have e-mailed them on 3 occasions and received no reply. I've rung them again today and been told that they will ring back.

I would strongly recommend not using this company.

Comment

• Is anyone familiar with European/Irish law? Is it possible to raise the equivalent of a "Class action" suit, i.e. where several people sue the company in one case? There must be enough people being swindled by SportsSpread to make this a viable option if it is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by anyoldone

Is anyone familiar with European/Irish law? Is it possible to raise the equivalent of a "Class action" suit, i.e. where several people sue the company in one case? There must be enough people being swindled by SportsSpread to make this a viable option if it is possible.

As far as I can tell gambling debts are not enforceable but it might be possible to sue for the return of deposits.

Comment

• Originally posted by alanp4

3, Contact the Gambling Commission, now that overseas traders are subject to UK rules.

I cant see anything about this on the GC website - can anyone provide a link? Thanks

Comment

• Owed £2293 (£1500 deposit). I would be interested in collective action against this company.

Comment

Top 5 Reviews

Pinnacle
                                Bet365
                                Bodog
                                William Hill
                                Ladbrokes
                                Working...
                                X