X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr

Anthony Joshua will make his debut in North America when he defends his world heavyweight titles against Andy Ruiz Jr. at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 10:00 pm EST.

England’s Joshua is a massive -3300 favorite to successfully defend his WBA, IBF and WBO belts. Replacement opponent Ruiz Jr. is a +1200 outsider.

• Joshua vs Ruiz Jr. Stats

Anthony Joshua
    VS
    Andy Ruiz Jr.

22 Wins 32
    0 Losses 1
    0 Draws 0
    21 Knockouts 21
    6ft 6ins Height 6ft 2ins
    245lbs Weight (last fight) 262lbs
    82ins Reach 74ins

Comment

• Joshua basically has only three credible opponents right now - Deontay Wilder,Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte.Other fights are basically just holding events that fighters take to make a bit of money and keep their hand in while they set up the main events.

Comment

• Originally posted by quincunx View Post
        Joshua basically has only three credible opponents right now - Deontay Wilder,Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte.Other fights are basically just holding events that fighters take to make a bit of money and keep their hand in while they set up the main events.
        then would you bet on the dog?

Comment

• Anthony Joshua defends his WBA, WBO and IBF world heavyweight titles at Madison Square Garden in New York, this weekend.

His clash with Ruiz Jr will be his first fight in America, after spending the entirety of his 22-fight career so far in the United Kingdom.

The opportunity was offered to Luis Ortiz, who reportedly asked for too much money, before the fight fell to Mexican Ruiz Jr, who grabbed the chance with both hands.

And Hearn told iFL TV that he was surprised to see how excited the 29-year-old was about the fight.

“Andy Ruiz is on another planet, he is so fearless that he doesn’t realise what’s about to happen on Saturday, he’s just excited,” Hearn told iFL TV.

Ruiz is the overwhelming underdog ahead of Saturday night, with many fans predicting he will be stopped early in the fight.

However, with the chance to become Mexico’s first-ever heavyweight world champion, ‘The Destroyer’ revealed he is planning a knockout win of his own.

Speaking to SecondsOut, he said: “A lot of people underestimate me, like I said, the way I look, my appearance, but as soon as they see me throw punches, I’m going to pull out the upset.

Comment

• I wouldn't bet on Ruiz because he hasn't been that impressive recently.I wouldn't back Joshua at heavy odds-on,though.

Comment

• Has Ruiz ever seen a gym? He lloks chubby!

Comment

Top 5 Reviews

Pinnacle
              Bet365
              Bodog
              William Hill
              Ladbrokes
              Working...
              X