X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22Bet.com Scam and Fraud

I have just submitted a Bookmakers Review complaint about this, and the details are as follows:

I registered with 22Bet.com on 12/06/2018 and I made two £200.00 deposits the same day. I then placed a total of over 750 bets with 22Bet.com over the next 6 weeks, and by 13/07/2018 I had ran my balance up to £21,137.74 and I had requested a withdrawal of my full balance, and I was asked for documents, all of which I sent to them, and then after sending them all of the required documents, they e-mailed me on 25/07/2018 saying they are closing my account and confiscating my winnings and only refunding my deposits, bringing my balance from £21,137.74 down to £400.00. This is the e-mail they sent to me:

"Good Day. We are bringing to your notice that we made a decision to stop any collaboration with you (closing your gaming account) on the basis of General Terms and Conditions of the Bookmaker Company:
    Should the bettor commit fraud in respect to the bookmaker (such as the registration of multiple accounts, the use of automated betting software, arbitrage betting, if the betting account is not used for betting, the improper use of loyalty schemes, etc.), the bookmaker reserves the right to stop such fraudulent actions by:
    -bet cancellation;
    -closure of the customer’s account with the balance being refunded;
    -filing a claim to a law-enforcement agency.
    Effective as of 1 January 2011
    The decision was made after rigorous investigation of the case by The Security Department.
    We ask you not to create gaming accounts with The Company. Please, notice, that all the accounts created again in the system will be closed,bets will be annulled, deposited funds will be in hold and used on the expenses related with the investigation and blocking.
    Due to the fact that your actions have been recognized as flagrant violation of The T&Cs of our Company, the decision of stopping any cooperation with you was final and not subject to further appeal.
    All further questions concerning the case of blocking from your side will be ignored.
    You can withdraw the deposited sum only.”

This is not on and it is completely and utterly unacceptable and needs to be resolved. I've not done anything mentioned in their vague copy and paste terms and conditions crap e-mail and I've e-mailed them subsequently asking exactly what they are trying to say I've done wrong and they haven't replied at all, which says it all really, I haven't done anything wrong and that's it, this is scam and fraud behaviour from 22Bet.com and they need to pay me my winnings. I've not done anything wrong whatsoever, I simply won some money fairly and there is absolutely no reason, grounds or justification whatsoever for them to confiscate my winnings, so I've submitted a Bookmakers Review complaint and I advise anybody who is thinking of signing up with 22Bet.com, just don't do it, and anybody who has already got an account with 22Bet.com, try to withdraw any balance you have there immediately and never deposit or place a bet there ever again, as they are a fraud and a scam, it's as simple as that.

• We received this form and are looking into this. Appreciate the post. We are going to do our best to help.

Comment

• Welcome to BMR, Krevsen.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We will take a look at your submitted complaint and get back to you as soon as we have the available answer/updates.

Comment

• I'm assuming from the £ signs in your post that you are based in the UK. 22Bet do not hold a UK Gambling Commission licence. They are owned by a Cypriot company and are licensed in Curacao.

Comment

• It's always worrying when a book won't even tell you why they locked your account. Hopefully BMR will be able to get a great result for you. And thank you also for the warning.

Comment

• There are three types of bookie.The first and best are reputable bookies that will pay you when you win and don't mind winners. - Pinnacle,5Dimes,SBObet [be wary of SBObet's terms and conditions].The second are reputable bookies who do mind winners and will restrict or close your account when you win.These include William Hill,Bet365,Paddy Power/Betfair [They won't restrict you on their exchange],Ladbrokes and BetVictor.These bookies won't let you play up your winnings indefinitely [except within restrictions],because they know that when you ask for your money,they will have to pay you to preserve their reputation.
            The third type is disreputable bookies.These are quite happy for you to pay money into your account and play up your winnings - because there is always the chance that you will lose it all back and pay in more.The problem comes when you ask for your money - because they won't pay you.The bigger your balance,and the more of your money you ask for,the less chance you have of getting paid..
            Last edited by quincunx; 09-21-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Yes, very well put.

The problem with UK players betting with operators who do not hold a UK licence is that if the bookmaker decides, for whatever reason, not to pay up, then there is very little you can do, as you shouldn't be betting with them in the first place. If the bookmaker is reputable, then all well and good, but if not, you're in trouble. I'm no fan of the UK Gambling Commission, but they do provide at least some protection for UK players.

If BMR can't get anywhere with 22Bet in this case (and I'm not optimistic), I suppose you could always try contacting the regulator in Curacao, but they may simply turn round and say that they can't help UK players because we shouldn't be using 22Bet.

Comment

• While we're on the subject, I would argue that there is also a fourth category of bookmaker - 'semi-reputable'. These are operators who don't like you winning and will very quickly limit your account if you do. Unlike William Hill, Ladbrokes, Bet365 and co, however, they will make it as difficult as possible for you to withdraw your winnings before eventually paying up, often only doing so when you threaten to involve the licensing authority or an ADR provider such as IBAS.
                Last edited by Trevrizent; 09-21-2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• This shop is just a skin of 1xbet.

Comment

• Hi!
                    I have a lot of withdraw from 22bet but 2 days ago the skrill withdrawal not available. The support sayed, this is a technical problem but the deposit is available...
                    Does anyone have such a problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by quincunx View Post
                      There are three types of bookie.The first and best are reputable bookies that will pay you when you win and don't mind winners. - Pinnacle,5Dimes,SBObet [be wary of SBObet's terms and conditions].The second are reputable bookies who do mind winners and will restrict or close your account when you win.These include William Hill,Bet365,Paddy Power/Betfair [They won't restrict you on their exchange],Ladbrokes and BetVictor.These bookies won't let you play up your winnings indefinitely [except within restrictions],because they know that when you ask for your money,they will have to pay you to preserve their reputation.
                      The third type is disreputable bookies.These are quite happy for you to pay money into your account and play up your winnings - because there is always the chance that you will lose it all back and pay in more.The problem comes when you ask for your money - because they won't pay you.The bigger your balance,and the more of your money you ask for,the less chance you have of getting paid..

great post!

Comment

• Thanks,win euro win.! Bet365 aren't doing their reputation any good at at all by refusing to pay Megan McCann Imho - considering the bet itself was fair.Looks as if 22bet belong on the red list.

Comment

Top 5 Reviews

Pinnacle
                        Bookmaker
                        5Dimes
                        William Hill
                        Bet365
                        Working...
                        X